South African (Off-Topic) Quiz

DamhuisClan

In the computer world what is Python and who created it?

Python is a computer programming language.

But who created it I don't know. Would think someone from far Northern Europe, as most bright sparks like Linus Torvalds and Anders Hejlberg are from that area.(as far a I can remember).

The creator is European - Dutch to be precise.

Now just for his name!!!!!!

Good Luck

I googled the answer as I had no idea... and never would have known.

I found it quite interesting how the language uses indentation to denote blocks of code.

So I am out for the rest of this round.

OK

While thinking up a question I noticed two cartoons I had printed out about the swine flu concerning Piglet. So I thought to myself AA Milne created Winnie-the-Pooh and Piglet et al based on his son;s stuffed toys. Christopher Robin was of course based n his son.

So the question is what does the AA in AA Milne stand for?

Edited by trevorh7000

I don't know, but I have done the geocache at none other than Pooh Bridge.

My cousins live very close to 100 acre wood, so I go to Pooh land often.

There is also a world Pooh Sticks championship somewhere in Oxfordshire, but I would rather attend the world russian egg roulette championship myself!

Tight-rope walker it is. [From Latin fūnambulus : fūnis, rope + ambulāre, to walk; (Dictionary.com]. Now I know why the railway at Cape Point is called funicular!

The movie Man on a Wire is about the Frenchman Phillipe Petit's daring tightrope walk between the Twin Towers. Apparently it is quite exciting - I must make my way to the Cinema Nouveau to see it.

Trevor - I believe you were the first to crack it.

PS: Discombob - you made some good deductions there about the walking part - and was so close. Who or what is Bruno? (excuse my ignorance)

Edited by the pooks

PS: Discombob - you made some good deductions there about the walking part - and was so close. Who or what is Bruno? (excuse my ignorance)

Good lord Mr pooks! Bruno is Sascha Baron Cohens latest character, the gay Austrian fashion guru.

And if you don't know who Sascha Baron Cohen is, I am sure you must have heard of Borat!

Good lord Mr pooks! Bruno is Sascha Baron Cohens latest character, the gay Austrian fashion guru.

And if you don't know who Sascha Baron Cohen is, I am sure you must have heard of Borat!

Clearly I have quite a bit of movie-watching to do!