Just what would you be prepared to do for a find ?

Super-T

Here in Canberra, we have a river area where one portion way off to the right is non-clothed bathing, and the rest is for normal bathing.

Having just done an awesome cache on the far side of this river, which required us to set off from the normal area by inflatable boat, and hike up the mountain opposite, it got me thinking about that "other" area. I am not into that sort of thing, but it got me wondering whether I should place a cache in there.

Knowing the way most cachers here in Canberra seem to delight in bypassing all attempts to "herd" them in a particular direction, I'm sure the vast majority will just simply come down here at night fully clothed, or find some other way to get to the cache without having to follow the rules about what you need to be wearing once you pass the change rooms, but it's worth a thought.

Does such a cache fit within the "rules" of geocaching ? It's public land at a public river, so shouldn't be any issue, and the cache description would be pretty clear and precise about just where the cache is located and the location is heavily sign marked, so there'd be no unpleasant surprises for anyone.

I'm not sure I even want to go to that length to place a cache, but it raises the question, "What would you be prepared to do for this sport ?" "Would you stip off to find a cache ?" and should I go place a cache there at all ?

Yep, that's it in a nutshell, best quality birthday suits required (mine is badly in need of ironing).

Night trips would be a case of getting past the lovers in the carpark I suspect.

And in keeping with the whole idea of the cache, I'd probably have to try to design an "anti-night-hunt" hide for it, to make it hard for people to do at night.

Of course, the next biggest issue in the whole discussion, is that wandering around - amongst many people wearing the least they can - whilst you are holding something that looks like a mobile phone out in front of you, may not be a great idea since many mobile phones have cameras, and the people around you may misinterpret just what that device is being used to do.

Of course, the next biggest issue in the whole discussion, is that wandering around - amongst many people wearing the least they can - whilst you are holding something that looks like a mobile phone out in front of you, may not be a great idea since many mobile phones have cameras, and the people around you may misinterpret just what that device is being used to do.

Are people who sunbath and frolic on nude beaches actually worried about getting their picture taken?

I've heard of either a geocache or terracache hidden in a place like that. But I just think it's an isolated beach where clothing is optional. You could wander around fully clothed if you want.

Then there's the locationless terracache where you have to be nekkid while finding some other cache to claim it, and you must submit a photo as proof. PG rated photos only; all "interesting" bits must be covered by something other than clothing (usually the cache container, a tree, hands, etc.).

Hmmmm....

Bit of thinking about how to prevent night raiders doing the cache clothed, and I think I have a solution, but need to work out just how much money I want to throw at the idea.

A timer like those used on irrigation systems to turn taps on and off over a 7 day cycle, could be used inside a container to electronically lock and unlock the container so that it can't be done except during the day on a weekend - peak period for having to do the cache the way intended.

Of course, having no skills with electronics, I'd have to get this container built for me by someone, and also have to be able to open it manually somehow for battery replacements (or some solar cell system to run it/recharge it).

Maybe the container is a whole new topic in and of itself.

Hmmm... thinking thinking thinking....

Edited by Super-T

Wow, you are *really* focused on ensuring people get nekkid for this cache. The end result will likely be a very few finds over the life of the placement. You ask what we would be prepared to do? The answer: Walk away and find a different cache.

Good luck.

Not hardly. Lots of folks go for nude cachin'. I have a nude cachin locationless terracache that gets found often and is one of the highest rated caches on terracaching.com. If folks didn't like the concept they could vote the cache down and it would system archive.

You gotta post a picture to claim a find, but you have to tastefully obscure the naughty parts. Any cache will do for a find, so if you Aussie blokes want an extra find for gettin' nekkid just post your pic on my Nude Cacher LC on terracaching.com.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you mention what the deal is on the cache page, so there are no surprises. As you mentioned there are times when people can go there clothed, so nobody is forced to strip to find the cache.

There is a cache in Vermont hidden at a spot that is popular swimming hole/hangout for nudists. Some searchers mention encountering naked people in their logs. When I found it I didn't see any, then again I found it in May which is not prime time for people to be running around naked in Vermont. Black files and nudists don't mix well.

6fbc3d5a-0374-48ee-9e50-db9e71bea613.jpg

Edited by briansnat

I'd like to discourage you from placing a cache in this area. Because you already know that some/many cachers are going to ignore the "no clothing" requirement, and their presence will disrupt and upset people who have a legitimate right to be there, and only a very few places to enjoy their muse.

I've seen too many cache placements that disturb and disrupt the normal and intended use of an area for the fun of the cache seeker. I'm not a fan.

I'd like to discourage you from placing a cache in this area. Because you already know that some/many cachers are going to ignore the "no clothing" requirement, and their presence will disrupt and upset people who have a legitimate right to be there, and only a very few places to enjoy their muse.

I've seen too many cache placements that disturb and disrupt the normal and intended use of an area for the fun of the cache seeker. I'm not a fan.

I don't know for certain as I haven't scouted the terrain, but my understanding is that there are rules stating you cannot go past the change rooms clothed, so it would be most unlikely if it's signposted as such, that clothed people would go there whilst there are unclothed people around. My belief is not that clothed people will go do the cache, but that they will go do the cache clothed OUTSIDE of the hours that unclothed people would be there. If they DO choose this option, then the unclothed would not even be aware they'd been there.

I don't know that anyone would feel comfortable going in there clothed whilst everyone else isn't, and if the rules are as I suspect, then they'd likely be politely asked to leave long before they got much of a chance to look for the cache.

But as I said, I actually haven't scouted the terrain, because, well, frankly to do so would require me to also go at night, or to go scout it out without clothing, and no-one deserves to be subjected to the sight of me without clothing.

Wow, you are *really* focused on ensuring people get nekkid for this cache. The end result will likely be a very few finds over the life of the placement. You ask what we would be prepared to do? The answer: Walk away and find a different cache.

Good luck.

Not hardly. Lots of folks go for nude cachin'. I have a nude cachin locationless terracache that gets found often and is one of the highest rated caches on terracaching.com. If folks didn't like the concept they could vote the cache down and it would system archive.

You gotta post a picture to claim a find, but you have to tastefully obscure the naughty parts. Any cache will do for a find, so if you Aussie blokes want an extra find for gettin' nekkid just post your pic on my Nude Cacher LC on terracaching.com.

I stand corrected. Hope everything works out for you.

Good luck.

I agree with Snoogans that nudity, in an appropriate and legal outdoor setting, would not be a deterrent for many geocachers. While I am not a naturist or nudist (in terms of label or lifestyle), I have visited a number of nude beaches in my life, and they were all very nice, and in fact, the reality is that in Europe, MANY beaches are nude or near-nude. So, for me, a nude logging requirement for a geoacache -- such as a cache placed at a nude beach -- would not bother me at all. And, if I needed to supply a photo as well, I would simply be very circumspect in how the photo shot was arranged.

Good luck.

I agree with Snoogans that nudity, in an appropriate and legal outdoor setting, would not be a deterrent for many geocachers. While I am not a naturist or nudist (in terms of label or lifestyle), I have visited a number of nude beaches in my life, and they were all very nice, and in fact, the reality is that in Europe, MANY beaches are nude or near-nude. So, for me, a nude logging requirement for a geoacache -- such as a cache placed at a nude beach -- would not bother me at all. And, if I needed to supply a photo as well, I would simply be very circumspect in how the photo shot was arranged.

The master of cache placement - Enter The NudeCacher Oh - someone had to do it :P

8bdc0a46-0fab-4529-be04-142ea81764cf.jpg

Well, on being informed by people more familiar with the area, the whole idea has been scrapped.

It's no longer used by the clothing challenged, but by single males wanting to get together. So not the sort of place I'd send anyone.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.

:):cute:-_-:):lol:

I think I might go so far as to show off my birthday suit, it would make for a great day!

Edited by ccwrestlechik105

I would just walk out there fully clothed and make the find. What are they gunna do? Would the naked people try to beat me up or something? I think not.

I would make the find. Lots of unnecessary worrying going on IMO.

Not the conformist am I, but when it comes to nekkiddity I'd feel odd being clothed in a place where everyone else was nekkid. I'd get nekkid in an instant and then go get the cache. :laughing:

I would just walk out there fully clothed and make the find. What are they gunna do? Would the naked people try to beat me up or something? I think not.

I would make the find. Lots of unnecessary worrying going on IMO.

Not the conformist am I, but when it comes to nekkiddity I'd feel odd being clothed in a place where everyone else was nekkid. I'd get nekkid in an instant and then go get the cache. :laughing:

Nekkid ain't no biggie. I'd get nekkid to get the cache if it helped me to be stealthy and to not draw attention to the cache. Seems funny to say that, doesn't it.

Here in Canberra, we have a river area where one portion way off to the right is non-clothed bathing, and the rest is for normal bathing.

Having just done an awesome cache on the far side of this river, which required us to set off from the normal area by inflatable boat, and hike up the mountain opposite, it got me thinking about that "other" area. I am not into that sort of thing, but it got me wondering whether I should place a cache in there.

Knowing the way most cachers here in Canberra seem to delight in bypassing all attempts to "herd" them in a particular direction, I'm sure the vast majority will just simply come down here at night fully clothed, or find some other way to get to the cache without having to follow the rules about what you need to be wearing once you pass the change rooms, but it's worth a thought.

Does such a cache fit within the "rules" of geocaching ? It's public land at a public river, so shouldn't be any issue, and the cache description would be pretty clear and precise about just where the cache is located and the location is heavily sign marked, so there'd be no unpleasant surprises for anyone.

I'm not sure I even want to go to that length to place a cache, but it raises the question, "What would you be prepared to do for this sport ?" "Would you stip off to find a cache ?" and should I go place a cache there at all ?

Is it illegal to go to this nude beach while you are clothed? Will they call the cops on you and give you citation for decent exposure? :anibad:

I'd suggest commenting in the cache description that the cache is either on or near a nude beach. You'll still get the occasional complaint but at least can you tell them that they need to read cache descriptions before heading off or be ready for surprises.

The master of cache placement - Enter The NudeCacher Oh - someone had to do it :laughing:

8bdc0a46-0fab-4529-be04-142ea81764cf.jpg

I'm glad you decided not to use a photo from any of his micro cache finds! :anibad: