Google Earth and GPX files

Im trying to get Google Earth to show specific caches.

I can do this on my desktop, but not my laptop and I cant figure out what Im doing wrong.

I go into GSAK, generate a GPX, send that file to my desktop.

Then I open Google Earth Tweaker, which generates another file onto the desktop that I can click and it opens Google Earth. But, the GPX caches dont show at all. I have gone to Geocaching.com and downloaded the KML program so that works.

Also, if I go into Google Earth and click on the Geocaching Network KML choice, it will show all caches. Im just wanting to show the ones I want to look for and havent found.

...Then I open Google Earth Tweaker, which generates another file onto the desktop that I can click and it opens Google Earth. But, the GPX caches dont show at all. I have gone to Geocaching.com and downloaded the KML program so that works.

Also, if I go into Google Earth and click on the Geocaching Network KML choice, it will show all caches. Im just wanting to show the ones I want to look for and havent found.

I remember something like this before. IIRC, it has something to do with showing the timescale, or something like that. I have set my Google Earth to never show that and I see all the entries in my GPX file when I open it. I suspect that this is what is happening to you.

Try looking under "View" -> "Show Time..." or something similar looking...

In the top right corner of the GE window, where there are widgets to adjust your orientation, when loading a GPX file, there is also that time slider that folks have mentioned. There are left and right brackets in that time slider. Grab the right bracket and slide it all the way to the right.

Also, not sure what Google Earth tweaker is, but my GE can load GPX files directly.

When you use that slider, make sure that the left bracket doesn't get slid over to the right also. There are two brackets, and it's easy to grab them both when sliding. Basically, the left bracket is the beginning time, and the right is the ending time. They need to be as far apart from each other as possible.

When you use that slider, make sure that the left bracket doesn't get slid over to the right also. There are two brackets, and it's easy to grab them both when sliding. Basically, the left bracket is the beginning time, and the right is the ending time. They need to be as far apart from each other as possible.

yup - lots of folks do that - once you find it - you'll never forget about using it again!.