Webcam photo/logging

pnw pug lover

Are you asking how to upload the picture, or how to take the picture? Since you can upload at any time after you have saved a copy of the image, I'll talk about taking the picture only:

1. You need to have a friend access the web cam from a computer to take your picture (you'll have to coordinate via cell phone). The friend saves the image and emails it to you later.

-or-

2. If you have a web-capable phone, PDA, or laptop you can take your own picture.

HOW to take the picture depends on the web cam itself (you didn't include a link or waypoint). Some will save a picture by clicking on the image. Some have other special methods. Worst case, you or your friend will have to do a screen print of the entire screen (Shift-Print Screen).

I will assume you are asking about this webcam.

I just looked at that one and it is interesting...

I see no external link to the camera and just a photo on the page that will not load.

I assume from what little directions are given that that is supposed to be the webcam feed and you need only refresh the cache listing while standing in front of it.

That said I can't get it to work.

I would suggest emailing the owner to see what is wrong with it.

You may or may not get a response since he has not signed in since May.

After that you might consider sending an email to a previous finder to ask how they got the picture.

Hope that helps.

- Rev Mike

I will assume you are asking about this webcam.

I just looked at that one and it is interesting...

I see no external link to the camera and just a photo on the page that will not load. ...

- Rev Mike

Good point Rev Mike,

might want to try: http://snipurl.com/5bybm for "direct" link to webcam in question.

And direct link to image: www2.comune.venezia.it/webCamSnf/imgsnf_00001.jpg

PS: I have NO affiliation with any of the sites mentioned, all is accessed at own risk. Edited: Added another reference.

Edited by MrCOgeo

I am in Venice and want to do a webcam cache. Before I go to the location, I want to know how to upload the image from the webcam so I can log the find. Help please--it's my last day in Venice and I want this!

By typing "venice webcam" in google the first one on the list is

Venice Webcams

Since you didn't fulfill the requirements of the webcam. IE: have someone capture the image from the webcam you should change your find to a note or a DNF

FYI I did this webcam in February of this year, first I made a couple international cell phone calls to try and get the photo and then had my SO go to a local internet cafe to snap the photo.

Kind of like signing the log except you have take a webcam photo.

By flagrantly disreguarding the established rules of these grandfathered caches we risk getting them all archived.

Edited by FunnyNose