Sailing around the World!

Ockette

I'm planning to leave in 2010 for a westerly circumnavigation by sail. My route is, very vaguely, this. I'm hoping to cache extensively in Panama, Tahiti, the Bermudas, and any of a hundred other places where I'll need to make landfall, and would love to meet cachers all over the world. I'd like to hear from a lot of you with cache recommendations, reasons why I should visit your seaside port, and places an American woman sailing alone should avoid. I'm also willing to take along any geocoins that would like a lift.

That's truly a great and ambitious adventure. That sure takes a lot of courage.

We definitely encourage a visit to Azores and Portugal. In the Azores you must visit the island of Horta, a must visit place for everyone who travels by sea. There you have some a virtual named Horta.

If you intend to also visit a harbour in continental Portugal, the community would be glad to set up a welcome event or a meet up for you. Contact us if you plan to do that. You'll be pleased. :)

That's truly a great and ambitious adventure. That sure takes a lot of courage.

We definitely encourage a visit to Azores and Portugal. In the Azores you must visit the island of Horta, a must visit place for everyone who travels by sea. There you have some a virtual named Horta.

If you intend to also visit a harbour in continental Portugal, the community would be glad to set up a welcome event or a meet up for you. Contact us if you plan to do that. You'll be pleased. :D

The Azores will probably be my last stop before arriving home in the States, so thank you for the link to a cache there.

I hope to stop somewhere on the very South end of Portugal as well, after coming out from the Mediterranean. A meet-up would be glorious, though I probably won't have a firm arrival date until I'm very nearly there. :unsure:

Edited by Ockette