17 Indiana State Parks to Close for Deer Season

jtbrady01

I'll just copy the main information from the email I received this morning. Plan your caching accordingly.

17 state parks to close for deer reductions

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Selected Indiana State Parks will temporarily close to the general public for controlled deer reductions twice in the coming weeks.

The reductions will take place Nov. 17-18, and Dec. 1-2. The participating parks will close the evening before (Nov. 16 and 30) each of the reductions and re-open the morning after (Nov. 19 and Dec. 3).

The parks that will be closed for both sessions include Brown County, Chain O'Lakes, Charlestown, Harmonie, Indiana Dunes, Lincoln, McCormick's Creek, Ouabache, Pokagon, Shades, Spring Mill, Summit Lake, Tippecanoe River, Turkey Run, Whitewater Memorial, Fort Harrison and Clifty Falls.

On the plus side to that...

"most" Indiana State Parks have stopped charging at their main gates during the week for the winter season. That means that those who didn't buy a 2008 annual pass can get in for free during the week. Would be a great time to get those State Park caches! I would suggest calling ahead to see if they are charging during the week before you head out though!

Just make sure you don't go during hunting times. That would be bad.