Why isn't this a benchmark?

Team RAGAR

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WM4ZRR

Here is a link to the Waymark for an Historic Boundary Marker.

This stone marker was placed circa 1785 and marks the northwest corner of the Seven Ranges.

It also marks the three corners of Ohio's Carol, Stark and Tuscarawas Counties.

I am pretty sure that it is not listed as a benchmark anywhere and I was wondering if anyone could explain to me why it is not benchmark. It seems to be a pretty significant survey marker marker for this area.

As a cadastral mark, it is significant in terms of delineating land ownership. It is, however, not a geodetic mark in that it has apparently not been occupied for an accurate height determination (vertical control mark/benchmark) nor an accurate horizontal geodetic position (horizontal control mark). Cadastral versus geodetic...two different things, two different purposes.

As a cadastral mark, it is significant in terms of delineating land ownership. It is, however, not a geodetic mark in that it has apparently not been occupied for an accurate height determination (vertical control mark/benchmark) nor an accurate horizontal geodetic position (horizontal control mark). Cadastral versus geodetic...two different things, two different purposes.

THANKS!