mucked up with geo coin

fletty

hi we found a coin and i tried to log it, the number on the coin came back as unreconised a diffrent number came up joted this down and it's in my found trackables but when we tried to log the coin after we moved it on it's still registered as being in its old cache and i can't put it in the new cache - I'm really stuck and feel a bit thick, would hate to spoil it for everyone else - don't think we'll pick up anymore coins because of it, I've been throught the question and answer bit about geocoins but i still don't know what I've done wrong .Please help me.

If you're sure the second number is correct (do a search and see if it's in the cache you found it in), just go to that coins page and retrieve it. If you already logged your visit on the cache you dropped it into, then go back to the cache listing and click log your visit, and then select "write note". Write dropping coin or something similar in the log field and then highlight the coin underneath that. That should drop the coin in the correct place. If you still have problems, just email the coin owner and verify the tracking code. Try substituting numbers/letters like zeros and letter O's, number one's for letter I's and such.

I just looked at your profile, and it says you did retrieve it, not just discover it. Give it several minutes. Sometimes it takes the site a bit to "catch up" and for logs to be current. I hope you don't give up on moving travel bugs!

edit to add, that if the dates are correct, that's weird that it's not showing as in your possesion

Edited by Band of Bradys

The coin still shows in a cache you did last month. If you still have the correct tracking number, go to your profile and log in, then on the left side will be a menu of options. Choose the Trackable items option, click it, enter the tracking number in the first (top) field and then the coin should be opened on your computer. In the menu on the right side of the coin page, choose Log your visit (or whatever the TOP option is) and then there should be a place that say's Grab from.... grab it from the cache it's in and it'll then be in your inventory!

From there, go into your profile again, choose the GEOCACHES option along the top, then choose the cache you need to drop the coin into. Click on the option which is on top of the menu on the right side of the cache page (should be log your visit or something like that..the one you use to log your visit), then choose WRITE NOTE in the drop down menu. Write bug drop in the comment field, then at the bottom of the log will be a menu of coins/TBs you have in inventory (only one for you). Click on the coin, then click submit log (or however it's worded). The coin will then be in the proper cache!!

Feel free to email me or anyone you think can help if you have questions!!

Good luck and THANKS for trying to do it right!!!

Check out the link in my signature to the Groundspeak Knowledge Base, trackables section.

We've worked it out, she couldn't find the inventory box below the comment field! They definitely hide it good enough.

Glad to be of service my friend, give a yell anytime you need help...or if you decide to take me up on that offer! :unsure: