Treo 700P

Im looking at getting a Treo 700P to replace both my cell phone nd my PDA. Currently, when I want to send caches to both my 60CSX and my Palm Zire 21, I use a Mini-USB cable for my hardwired connection.

I looked at some reviews on the Treo 700P and it appears as though it does not use MiniUSB. If that is the case, who do I transfer cache informatiojn to it?

No Palm device uses mini USB. They come with a USB to Palm cord. Get GSAK and Cachemate. Drop the PQ into GSAK, filter and delete any you don't want (for instance I delete all with the last two logs as DNF), Export to pdb file (the little flag icon). Sync with the Palm (the 700P also offers Bluetooth syncing if your computer has that) and you are done. Unless you are in rough terrain the 700 can also replace your GPS using Cachemate. Cachemate can export those to your contact list so you can use the GPS driving program on the 700 to drive to them before switching to Cachemate.

No Palm device uses mini USB. They come with a USB to Palm cord. Get GSAK and Cachemate. Drop the PQ into GSAK, filter and delete any you don't want (for instance I delete all with the last two logs as DNF), Export to pdb file (the little flag icon). Sync with the Palm (the 700P also offers Bluetooth syncing if your computer has that) and you are done. Unless you are in rough terrain the 700 can also replace your GPS using Cachemate. Cachemate can export those to your contact list so you can use the GPS driving program on the 700 to drive to them before switching to Cachemate.

I've done most of that with my 755p - how do you do the export from cachemate to contacts?

With an external bluetooth gpsr, this is a really nice way to cache, except for having to carry 2 things.

That would be sync. After you createa a pdb file the next time you sync it will move it to the device. The next time you open cachemate it will ask what database you want to install it to. The connection is on the bottom of the device so unless the picture has it tilted with the bottom facing you it can't be seen.

I stopped using my cachemate to drive to caches some time ago but if I recall correctly there is either an export menu item or sub menu item. That will export it to the contacts folder. On my iQue I would do that and then drive to the cache before getting out and using cachemate to walk to. They place the word Cachemate in the notes part of the export so you can set a filter in Outlook (which I use) to find that and then delete all of them so they are removed in the next sync.

Well it looks like Palm has moved to the 21st century. The new 800 has a mini USB connector instead of Palm's style. Finally.

I have a 700p.

There is the Sync wire which plugs into the USB port and the bottom of the phone to transfer data.

Cachemate frequently would crash on the phone and when I reset the phone, all cache information was lost.

I installed Cachemate on the SD Card and transfer all the cachemate files to the card, and since then I have never had a problem.