Waypoint Number Oddities

mommio

I've been lucky enough to get a few lucky numbers that can relate to the cache. The most recent one was quite a surprise to me. I created the cache about two weeks before the offical release which was to be on Veterans Day. Because the cache was done in honor of a Navy Corpman (HM) who was killed in Iraq along with his friends. So GC1HMFK will always have a special meaning to me. Especially since I lost an expensive compass two weeks ago while hiking some place that was way way way off trail. Lo and Behold on 11/11 after looking for the compass where I thought it could of dropped it, I found it hanging on a bush on the way down the hill. So I know that someone led me to that bush.

Edited by Tahosa and Sons

Check out GC1R5MA There is some strange activity out there, something keeps killing animals, and cutting up trees real bad. I've titled it 'Real Strange Monster Advisory' GC1 R.5.M.A. Check out these logs, it's my cache and been spooked myself when I went out there to hide it.

So... you finally got it put out there, huh? (rememering one of your previous threads) Looks like its working!

Check out GC1R5MA There is some strange activity out there, something keeps killing animals, and cutting up trees real bad. I've titled it 'Real Strange Monster Advisory' GC1 R.5.M.A. Check out these logs, it's my cache and been spooked myself when I went out there to hide it.

So... you finally got it put out there, huh? (rememering one of your previous threads) Looks like its working!

GCWWAG is dedicated to a dog. :rolleyes:

I've been lucky enough to get a few lucky numbers that can relate to the cache.

You can try luck.....or, you can fill out a ton of submission forms until you get something....THEN submit the cache. I realize it's not the "whole universe is working together way," but I figure that's how most people get these "lucky" numbers/letters anyway.... :)

You can try luck.....or, you can fill out a ton of submission forms until you get something....THEN submit the cache. I realize it's not the "whole universe is working together way," but I figure that's how most people get these "lucky" numbers/letters anyway.... :)

There used to be a way to see what waypoint ID would be assigned to the next submitted cache listing. Basically, unpublished listings gave a different error message than those which didn't exist at all, so if you wanted GC11BBQ, you could wait until the ID came around, then hope to be at your computer when it did. Then you could type in the URL for GC1BBP (P being just before Q) and reload the page until the error message changed. In a second window, you would already have the new cache submission form filled out, but not submitted... until immediately after GC1BBP was assigned to another listing. If you were fast enough you could get the waypoint you want. These days both unpublished and unassigned waypoint IDs both return the same error ("Cache is Unpublished"), so it's really hard to get a desired ID (but still possible, I suppose).