"Mystery" Sasquatch Coin

TheCollector

About a week before GW 7 I was looking through my PQ results like I do everyday. The one for trackables came into my email and I clicked on it looked at it and was getting ready to close it when I spotted and icon I had never seen before. It was GeoSasquatch. I couldnt believe it, he had been here in KY and only about 11 miles from my house.. Well I jumped in my car and headed for the cache. I just knew it was probably not going to be there when I arrived. So many of the coins here have gone missing, so sad.

I arrived at the cache site. An unlikely place for Sasquatch to be I thought as it was a truck stop. I looked around for him but did not see him anywhere. I spotted the cache, looked around and right behind the cache was a chain link fence, and I saw where he had just ripped it apart and came through it from the field behind there. Well that gave me the Willies, so I opened the cache and there was the coin. Whoopee! I grabbed it, signed the log and got out of there quick. Thank you so much, GeoSasquatch!

The cache was only a few miles from the Tennessee border. I wonder if he was on his way to Geowoodstock Vll?

CONGRATULATIONS !

Clear back in March, I was visiting the Giant Meteor Crater in Arizona. We stopped at the RV park and dug around in the rocks and low and behold, in the cache was a Geo Sasquatch coin.

Brings up another possible theory for the origon of the Sasquatch don't you think. And about the time I found this coin someone found and returned the actual meteor. Coincidence.... hmmm maybe maybe not....

He is ALIVE!!!

I'm sure he has made it across the border now so I can say that I found a Geo Sasquatch coin at GCP4FW - Welcome to Kingsgate while we waited to cross the line.

The big guy must have been looking for a place to cross the border - obviously wants to get down for GeoWoodstock VIII

The coin is a beauty - Will treasure this one forever as I've often been called 'Sasquatch' as well.

Thanks BIG GUY!!! :mad:;)

Maybe a bit whiney, but it's an interesting observation. I was at the Midnight Geocoin Madness II event in Seattle and walked by a table that had a lone coin on it. I picked it up saw the Sasquatch and put it back assuming some poor person had lost a coin and the rightful owner would return to claim it. (I am familiar with mystery coins, but wasn't sure at the time that this is what I was seeing.) So my group was near the table and I was able to observe the coin and its ultimate fate. Eventually another young gentleman passed by picked it up and returned it as did another young lady. Finally an older woman walks by picks it up and pockets the coin. When asked if the coin was hers she replied she didn't know what or whose it was and proceeded to go about her business. Later I checked with another cacher to find out if they knew whether there was a Sasquatch mystery coin and to my dismay found out that indeed there was. So now I am kicking myself for not doing what at the time amounted to stealing a coin. I'm so confused! :mad: That feels a little better!

Midnight Madness was a blast! Even if it was a little wired. I was looking down at some great coins and then out of the corner of my eye I saw, or I thought I saw some hairy dude. Not wanting to be rude I did not say anything, we all have our own grooming style. But I never see him directly. By the end of the night I figured it was the Madness of the room. But when we got home I was surprised to see a GEO SASQUATCH in my trading bag.

Thank you VERY much it is an honor to have it in our collection!

Midnight Madness was a blast! Even if it was a little wired. I was looking down at some great coins and then out of the corner of my eye I saw, or I thought I saw some hairy dude. Not wanting to be rude I did not say anything, we all have our own grooming style. But I never see him directly. By the end of the night I figured it was the Madness of the room. But when we got home I was surprised to see a GEO SASQUATCH in my trading bag.

Thank you VERY much it is an honor to have it in our collection!

Congrats NoSnow, can we please a picture, love to see it:)

Maybe a bit whiney, but it's an interesting observation. I was at the Midnight Geocoin Madness II event in Seattle and walked by a table that had a lone coin on it. I picked it up saw the Sasquatch and put it back assuming some poor person had lost a coin and the rightful owner would return to claim it. (I am familiar with mystery coins, but wasn't sure at the time that this is what I was seeing.) So my group was near the table and I was able to observe the coin and its ultimate fate. Eventually another young gentleman passed by picked it up and returned it as did another young lady. Finally an older woman walks by picks it up and pockets the coin. When asked if the coin was hers she replied she didn't know what or whose it was and proceeded to go about her business. Later I checked with another cacher to find out if they knew whether there was a Sasquatch mystery coin and to my dismay found out that indeed there was. So now I am kicking myself for not doing what at the time amounted to stealing a coin. I'm so confused! :( That feels a little better!

My daughter (YVR-YYC) was the 'young lady' - she saw one of these a couple days before in a cache in Kingsgate as we crossed the border. Now she knows 'the rest of the story' for this sneaky hairy guy that waltzed through the MGM Event. She was also puzzled by the coin just lying there waiting to be 'found'.

oh i am still ever hopeful that the mystery sasquatch and his friend the mystical greenman would visit one of my geocaches and drop their coins in for me. i am a big fan of all things fortean and i love the greenman because i love visiting his domains the woodlands and forests. his trees are magnificent. i wish i wish i wish

Wow! I am so excited. I recently returned from a trip to Europe for "1.Geocoinfest 2011 - Europa" and "CWG + GEOCOIN SHOW BOHEMIA 2011" mega-events. We had a wonderful time with great weather, food, and the meeting of many cachers. The CWG event in Nebilovy, Czech Republic was very exciting. It was a very warm day & there was very little shade to be had. I can't believe I didn't actually see a big, hairy, Sasquatch in the crowd, but maybe with the heat a layer or two had been removed & I just didn't recognize him. Next thing I knew, there was a GEO SASQUATCH coin to be had by me! Thank you, mystery coiner!

just when you thought the Geo Sashquatch had gone into hiding again, he has made an appearance in the West Central forest of Ga. in FDR state park!

...I was out hiking the pine mountain trail, hiding caches for the MEGA event in Oct and heard a rustle in the leaves and thought it was a deer... then I thought bear? buffalo? T-Rex?! as the ground shook and I heard the thunderous thumps and thuds of heavy hooves hitting the ground... After my heart started beating again and I regained my composure, I investigated a bit closer and came across these huge footprints and discovered this coin had been dropped! I scooped the coin up and high tailed it outta there before Geo-Sashquatch decided to return for it!

totally awesome! Thanks for the great addition to my mystery coin collection!

just when you thought the Geo Sashquatch had gone into hiding again, he has made an appearance in the West Central forest of Ga. in FDR state park!

...I was out hiking the pine mountain trail, hiding caches for the MEGA event in Oct and heard a rustle in the leaves and thought it was a deer... then I thought bear? buffalo? T-Rex?! as the ground shook and I heard the thunderous thumps and thuds of heavy hooves hitting the ground... After my heart started beating again and I regained my composure, I investigated a bit closer and came across these huge footprints and discovered this coin had been dropped! I scooped the coin up and high tailed it outta there before Geo-Sashquatch decided to return for it!

totally awesome! Thanks for the great addition to my mystery coin collection!

Congratulations on the excellent Mystery coin find..... and having survived to tell us about it :D