"Mystery" Sasquatch Coin

TheCollector

He's in Oregon :D !!

I did some cache maintenance this morning on my way to work and found this!!!!!

Sasquatch.jpg

When I got to GC1BTZ7 I heard some strange sounds, like something crashing through the undergrowth :D and I almost turned around and headed back to the car.

I'm glad I didn't :D:D:D

Thank you for the awesome coin Geo Sasquatch!!!!!!!!!!!

Sasquatch.jpg

When I got to GC1BTZ7 I heard some strange sounds, like something crashing through the undergrowth :D and I almost turned around and headed back to the car.

oh oh oh, oregon is close to california, come south sasquatch, it's warmer down here!

rsg

Sasquatch.jpg

Congratulations Burgessfour!! You have evidence! video is still proving elusive though. :D:D

Sasquatch.jpg

Congrats Burgessfour...thank god you survive...you truly deserve this mysteriecoin..you are very generous :D:D

Thanks yowie.................you get a big hug at a distance from me :D

Congrats burgessfour on getting this coin! As I wrote in an other post, you are quite courageous. Next time I'll go caching in the woods, I'll be hoping to hear something crashing around me :D It will probably be my geodog Wyatt breaking some wood sticks like he usually does :D

Happy New Year to Bigfoot and everyone on the forum! :D

On a cold and rainy day in northeast Arkansas in January, I decided to do some caches that have been "on my list" for a while now. I figured the bad weather would keep most muggles away, and I could devote more energy to searching.

As I neared my second cache, GCVBW8, something just didn't "feel" right. When I opened the cache, I knew immediately that something mysterious, primeval, and definitely carnivorous, had been there before me.

3177400726_934cdbfbb3.jpg

Inside was a Geo Sasquatch "coin dropping"! My excitement in that moment made the cold and rain disappear, and all I wanted to do was sign the logbook, rehide the cache, and race home to show someone! Just then, I heard a rustling nearby, and saw a shadowy figure running away from me in the distance. The coin began to quiver in my hand - some kind of homing instinct, perhaps? I ran after the figure - keeping a safe distance of course - and the quivering coin dropping led me to this spot:

3176566609_286b89b658.jpg

IT was then I realized the Geo Sasquatch might be using the bottomland hardwood forests remaining in the area as travelling corridors, and also to avoid too much time in the open (and barren at this time of year) agricultural fields. Not a bad strategy, considering this is what they all look like at this time of year:

3177401496_23dcb1d9ec.jpg

Last I saw, the Geo Sasquatch appeared to be headed northwest of this spot. All cachers in the area: keep your eyes and ears open. I feel fortunate to have caught a glimpse of what I believe is the Geo Sasquatch, proud and greatful for the evidence I have of his (or her) existence, and lucky to have made it out alive!

Thank you Geo Sasquatch!

wauwieeeeeee Penny and Kona what a story........

you wolk around there and SASQUATCH to :blink:

i`m so happy that you are safe home :D

but i`m more happy-er that SASSY left you a nicecoin :unsure:

CONGRATZZZZ PENNY and KONA :D:)

SASSY THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUSITY.....

AND FOR LET EVERYBODY GO HOME SAFE :D:D

While I was out checking on one of my puzzle caches, I came across some larger than life foot prints. Fearing that someone or something had disturbed the cache, I pull it from it's hiding location. I could feel eyes watching me from behind, but when i turned around to see what was there, i saw nothing. I opened the cache and there was the GeoSasquatch coin. WOW, very cool coin!

I heard a noise in the trees behind me. I got out my digital camera and got it ready, before turning around. I snapped a picture as quick as I could. I know I saw the GeoSasquatch, but when I looked at the picture on the computer.... there was nothing there.

GeoSasquatch will remain a mystery, but I know he/she is out there watching!

Thank You Geo Sasquatch!

While I was out checking on one of my puzzle caches, I came across some larger than life foot prints. Fearing that someone or something had disturbed the cache, I pull it from it's hiding location. I could feel eyes watching me from behind, but when i turned around to see what was there, i saw nothing. I opened the cache and there was the GeoSasquatch coin. WOW, very cool coin!

I heard a noise in the trees behind me. I got out my digital camera and got it ready, before turning around. I snapped a picture as quick as I could. I know I saw the GeoSasquatch, but when I looked at the picture on the computer.... there was nothing there.

Thank You Geo Sasquatch!

Wow, now that is weird, kinda freaky if you ask me, wow, just gave me goosebumps, just pictured that actually happening to me. Thanks for sharing us this experience with us dhenninger

Congrats burgessfour on getting this coin! As I wrote in an other post, you are quite courageous. Next time I'll go caching in the woods, I'll be hoping to hear something crashing around me :) It will probably be my geodog Wyatt breaking some wood sticks like he usually does :blink:

Happy New Year to Bigfoot and everyone on the forum! :laughing:

I think I would rather run into your geodog Wyatt than I would Sasquatch - although his coin IS cool.

Edited by luckycharmer

Thank You Geo Sasquatch!

Congrats Dave! (and that's a great cache!) :ph34r:

Well we were at the Geocoin Midnight Event after Geowoodstock, my wife was getting the table ready to display our traders, when she heard a grunting sound and smelled something to the efect of a skunk/musty odor. She looked down and found the coin on a chair. There were alot of people there so we did not see the beast itself but it was a pleasant suprise to find the coin. Thank you Sasquatch for giving this coin to us.

I am very sad to say, that I was lucky enough to receive 2 Geo Sasquatch coins in the mail, postmarked Nov. 28, '08, and I have not done anything with them because I didn't understand the instructions. I didn't want to do the wrong thing, so I did nothing. I haven't been in the forums much lately (not because I didn't want to be here), and I totally forgot about them until now. Perhaps one of you can explain what I am supposed to do. The first part of the instructions are clear enough, it's the last paragraph that has me baffled, especially the part in red. The letter reads and I quote:

I have sent you 2 Geo Sasquatch coins. I would like you to do the following with the coins.

One coin is for you to put in your collection.

The other coin is for you to place it where ever or give it to whom ever you want.

If you would let me know what cache or where you drop the coin. So I can log that the Sasquatch has been there. If you give the last coin to someone. I would like them to "find it in a cache" please let me know what cache they "found" it in.

Any help would be appreciated from me and Geo Sasquatch, as I am sure she/he/it would like to see this coin start it's adventure.

I am very sad to say, that I was lucky enough to receive 2 Geo Sasquatch coins in the mail, postmarked Nov. 28, '08, and I have not done anything with them because I didn't understand the instructions. I didn't want to do the wrong thing, so I did nothing. I haven't been in the forums much lately (not because I didn't want to be here), and I totally forgot about them until now. Perhaps one of you can explain what I am supposed to do. The first part of the instructions are clear enough, it's the last paragraph that has me baffled, especially the part in red. The letter reads and I quote:

I have sent you 2 Geo Sasquatch coins. I would like you to do the following with the coins.

The other coin is for you to place it where ever or give it to whom ever you want.

If you would let me know what cache or where you drop the coin. So I can log that the Sasquatch has been there. If you give the last coin to someone. I would like them to "find it in a cache" please let me know what cache they "found" it in.

Any help would be appreciated from me and Geo Sasquatch, as I am sure she/he/it would like to see this coin start it's adventure.

I would say you should just contact Geo Sasquatch himself for clarification.

Or send it to me, I'll find a good place for it to go. :P

I would say you should just contact Geo Sasquatch himself for clarification.

Or send it to me, I'll find a good place for it to go. :P

PS DON"T SELL IT!!!!!

About a week before GW 7 I was looking through my PQ results like I do everyday. The one for trackables came into my email and I clicked on it looked at it and was getting ready to close it when I spotted and icon I had never seen before. It was GeoSasquatch. I couldnt believe it, he had been here in KY and only about 11 miles from my house.. Well I jumped in my car and headed for the cache. I just knew it was probably not going to be there when I arrived. So many of the coins here have gone missing, so sad.

I arrived at the cache site. An unlikely place for Sasquatch to be I thought as it was a truck stop. I looked around for him but did not see him anywhere. I spotted the cache, looked around and right behind the cache was a chain link fence, and I saw where he had just ripped it apart and came through it from the field behind there. Well that gave me the Willies, so I opened the cache and there was the coin. Whoopee! I grabbed it, signed the log and got out of there quick. Thank you so much, GeoSasquatch!

The cache was only a few miles from the Tennessee border. I wonder if he was on his way to Geowoodstock Vll?

Hi everyone! I have never posted on the forums before.

I mysteriously received a Geo Sasquatch coin at the Midnight Madness GeoCoin event at GWVII.

I admit, I was having a little too much fun! I always go barefoot and this was no exception. All I remember, is looking at my hand and there it was!!!! I looked around but didn't see who or what put it there. I have asked my husband and several friends but nobody knows who put it in my hand. I do remember showing it to everyone at my table and telling my hubby that it was mine!

Thank you to the sweet Bigfoot who gave this to me.

Hi everyone! I have never posted on the forums before.

I mysteriously received a Geo Sasquatch coin at the Midnight Madness GeoCoin event at GWVII.

I admit, I was having a little too much fun! I always go barefoot and this was no exception. All I remember, is looking at my hand and there it was!!!! I looked around but didn't see who or what put it there. I have asked my husband and several friends but nobody knows who put it in my hand. I do remember showing it to everyone at my table and telling my hubby that it was mine!

Thank you to the sweet Bigfoot who gave this to me.

Wow, nice to hear all those Mystery people all in one room and you didnt even know it. There is been lots of sighting of a Yeti/BigFoot here in NorthEastern Wisconsin have heard him before out there in the wilderness while at a friends House in Crivitz, he threw branches on top of the house but didnt make a his presentce. Maybe we will be so lucky sometime. Congratulation on getting yourself the Mystery Sasquatch..