"Mystery" Sasquatch Coin

TheCollector

Those of us that live in Northern Michigan have always believed in Bigfoot (thats what we call him here), there have been many reported sightings. Well, I can now say, without a shadow of a doubt....Bigfoot is REAL!!!

He visited our cache! We got a log yesterday that he had dropped a coin at our cache GC152NN, "Edge of Delirium", hows that for where he likes to hang out! We hustled on out the door, hoping to catch a glimpse of him, the wife or kids. That cache is a kind of creepy walk to on a summer day much less a gloomy fall day, it was approaching dusk when we headed in, a 1/2 mile walk with 2 beaver dams to cross. I armed myself with one of those (really big) mag lights (I was thinking self defense, the other yooper laughed at me) and some pepper spray. I must say that with a little fear moving you it really doesn't take to long to walk 1/2 mile, it does make it a little difficult to find a steady footing over the beaver dams when you have to keep looking over your shoulder at every little rustle of the leaves...durn near had me topple over once! Made it to the cache site, there wasn't a bit of evidence that he had been around, no foot prints, no toppled trees or trampled bushes, just his coin in the cache....he is a sneaky one!

As darkness was quickly approaching we beat a hasty retreat to the car. The other yooper thinks I imagined it but I swear I heard a growl/yowl (really weird, scary sound...the kind that makes the hair stand up on your neck?) as I got into the jeep.....may be was was just saying "Your welcome??"

Thank You Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti for visiting us!!

Congrats to all the finders of this beautiful coins. Hey Steph, I got to take the picture of Mal holding the coin, how kewl is that? I am having a fabu time in Australia. I am in Hobart with Liz now, hopefully we will find a coin too. Watching caches in Tassie now! Jodi

jodi and lizz and other ozzies please look out by caching, yowie is still alive in australian :grin:

look here the proof :anibad:

springbrook-yowie.jpg

A photo from yowie :anibad:

yowie1a.jpg

Footprints

kanagra-yowie-casts-sm.jpg

So please take care for yourself, he is nice to give coins away but you never know when you meet him in real :laughing:

A little bit worried about there friends ;) Geo.Error :)

Congrats to all the finders of this beautiful coins. Hey Steph, I got to take the picture of Mal holding the coin, how kewl is that? I am having a fabu time in Australia. I am in Hobart with Liz now, hopefully we will find a coin too. Watching caches in Tassie now! Jodi

jodi and lizz and other ozzies please look out by caching, yowie is still alive in australian :grin:

look here the proof :anibad:

springbrook-yowie.jpg

A photo from yowie :anibad:

yowie1a.jpg

Footprints

So please take care for yourself, he is nice to give coins away but you never know when you meet him in real :laughing:

A little bit worried about there friends ;) Geo.Error :)

sweetie don`t you worry, YOWIE is GOOD and NICE and he never hurt people :D

and Yowie is so cute so the only thing that can happend is that they fall in love of the beautiful man.. :D

so the only thing we have to worry about is that Jodi or lizzy not gonna fall in love of the YOWIE and that the stay in town and not disappear in the arms of YOWIE :)

jodi and lizz and other ozzies please look out by caching, yowie is still alive in australian :D

look here the proof ;)

springbrook-yowie.jpg

A photo from yowie :)

yowie1a.jpg

Footprints

So please take care for yourself, he is nice to give coins away but you never know when you meet him in real :grin:

A little bit worried about there friends :D Geo.Error :D

sweetie don`t you worry, YOWIE is GOOD and NICE and he never hurt people :)

and Yowie is so cute so the only thing that can happend is that they fall in love of the beautiful man.. :D

so the only thing we have to worry about is that Jodi or lizzy not gonna fall in love of the YOWIE and that the stay in town and not disappear in the arms of YOWIE ;)

:D:laughing::):anibad::anibad::D

Wow! Could I have had better luck or what? I saw that a coin had been dropped by Geo Sasquatch himself right near my home, so I went to see if it was still there early this morning--in the dark! On the way, with flashlight in hand, and through the woods, I kept hearing sounds like someone was following me....was it Sasquatch himself? Running down the hill I tripped..the sound was getting closer....I looked around and there was something big looming over me! I thought I had better hurry! I got to the cache and low and behold there was the beautiful coin! Running back up the hill there were more sounds. I thought hopefully I can get in my car and home without anything (or anybody) grabbing me. I made it home dirty and wet--did I mention that it was also raining?---but with a coin I will treasure for a long time! Wow! What an adventure! But in my haste I didn't sign the log! Oh well, I have been here several times anyway. Thanks, Geo Sasquatch!!

Edited by Leafer54

Holy Crap! I skipped a cache on my way to a conference in Dearborn, MI because it was near a park and ride and the lot was completely full. I stopped on my way back home and went to the cache. It was an ammo box over a hill and down in a copse of trees...there was what I thought was a clear geo-trail...got to the cache and found this coin! I was so excited I forgot to take a picture! But there were a ton of leaves on the ground and it really was a little forest right next to the parking lot! Maybe the geo-trail was bigfoot's trail instead? Thank you so much! I never thought I would find one of these coins! I love the mystery coins! Thank you thank you thank you!

Out doing an impromptu cache run yesterday with a buddy and Ms. E. We were in a big nature preserve/marsh area. Very thick and wooded in spots. Opened up a nice big regular box and found this hairy little bugger crammed into it. Took it home to see what it was, and well, see what happens when I don't pay attention to the forums?

Thanks for dropping this nifty little gem in your set of woods, Mr. Sasquatch.

TMA

Aha! I thought that I'd missed that Bigfoot by a 'hair' last weekend at a cache called 'Berry Berry 2'!!! What luck! Today we took off a little later in the day and made the hours' drive to Serpentine National Park in WA. Peters Serpentine Vista was on our radar as a beautiful cache with a view all the way to the Indian Ocean on one side, a view of Perth on another and on the next, a view of Serpentine Falls. We hopped out of the car and saw the cache was 300m away...up a cliff. We decided from experience not to take the direct route but took the winding trail which took over an hour with the little ones. On the way up we experienced a feeling we had never had before, eerie and sort of strange like. Once in a while we heard some odd sounds like a low growling and rumbling...and some strange looking scat scattered here and there to watch out for. We made it through the forested area to the area where the lookout was and sidled closer to the edge to get at the cache. As we were about to retrieve the cache we heard a large roar in the distance that made the hair on our necks stand up. What animal could that possibly in Australia? Sure didn't sound like a dingo...

We opened the cache and found a small bottle of 'homemade' hooch (half gone) AND a beautiful coin set there by geo Sasquatch!

Not bad for a girl (gardengorilla) from 'Sasquatchewan'! Thanks Geo Sasquatch!!!

week7047.jpg

We used Sam (OptimusCache) as a lure to keep Bigfoot away while we found the cache...

week7045.jpg

At last the Geo Sasquatch, safe in gardengorilla's paws!

Edited by gardengorilla

WOOHOO ! I found a Sasquatch coin yesterday morning :anitongue: I checked to see if there were any new caches and saw that a Geo Sasquatch coin was dropped in a cache in OH 12 miles from my home. Well I was late for work again as I had to be at work in 15min. and went to find the cache(called work said I would be a little late) and hopefuly the coin would still be there.Luckly I found the cache and the Sasquatch coin was still in the cache :( I left an unactivated coin as trade for the coin Traded some TBs and made it to work only 22 min. late. I am very happy to add this coin to my collection to share at events. THANKS GEO SASQUATCH ! !

WOOHOO ! I found a Sasquatch coin yesterday morning :unsure: I checked to see if there were any new caches and saw that a Geo Sasquatch coin was dropped in a cache in OH 12 miles from my home. Well I was late for work again as I had to be at work in 15min. and went to find the cache(called work said I would be a little late) and hopefuly the coin would still be there.Luckly I found the cache and the Sasquatch coin was still in the cache :ph34r: I left an unactivated coin as trade for the coin Traded some TBs and made it to work only 22 min. late. I am very happy to add this coin to my collection to share at events. THANKS GEO SASQUATCH ! !

I'm glad I didn't go after that one. I wouldn't have made it until after noon. Nice find. Thanks to Geo Sasquatch for the fun.

You know it was a beautiful hike and a beautiful coin...what more could I ask for? How about friends...

Thanks Jodi and Mal, lorca.nl for you encouragement and intolerable :unsure: . And to DaFunkyFrogs...I dunno what those trees are, but yeah they are kinda fuzzy with long 'needles' sort of pine-ish I guess. Maybe an Aussie/Kiwi/Tazmanian can help us out with the name?

woooooooo hooooooooooo...a mystery coin for the frogs....got an e-mail a while ago that Geo Sasquatch had been to 1 of our caches.........these frogs hopped on down there( its only 1/4 mile from our lily pad)...... looked around to make sure "he" was not still lurking in the trees...Does Sasquatch eat frog legs??? lol...I had to have Mrs.Frog hold the flashlight while I looked & found this great coin.........Thanks Sasquatch........ :blink:

WooT !!! :shocked: Have ben watching on and off where the Geo Sasquatch has been visiting and noticed one of his coins was dropped in ME on 11/9 that was picked up and dropped into (GC1ENDM ) by a cacher passing through RI on the 16th. which is about 60 miles from home as the crow flies.....

Made the drive Friday night along with a couple friends arriving at GZ at 9:30pm and found the Geo Sasquatch Geocoin still in the cache..... WooT !!! :anicute: Left an unactivated coin in exchange for the Geo Sasquatch Coin......

Thanks Geo Sasquatch for the coin :D:D:(

congrats GG......thats an awesome coin ya got there........what kind of trees are those??? They look like feather dusters..........lol...

It's Australia - so they gonna be Gum trees :laughing:

thanks,Tooey...

Well we're not exactly sure what trees they are, but we know they are definitely not Gum trees. They could be a type of she-oak though.

It is interesting reading of the fun you are all having finding the Geo Sasquatch geocoins - there must be some teleporting going on to enable them to be found in such a wide area. :laughing:

Edited by Just a Trifle

congrats GG......thats an awesome coin ya got there........what kind of trees are those??? They look like feather dusters..........lol...

It's Australia - so they gonna be Gum trees ;)

thanks,Tooey...

Well we're not exactly sure what trees they are, but we know they are definitely not Gum trees. They could be a type of she-oak though.

It is interesting reading of the fun you are all having finding the Geo Sasquatch geocoins - there must be some teleporting going on to enable them to be found in such a wide area. :)

There are many kinds of trees here and a large learning curve for me. I got a book from the local library and I do think they are sheoaks.

It is interesting reading of the fun you are all having finding the Geo Sasquatch geocoins - there must be some teleporting going on to enable them to be found in such a wide area. ;)

they live here so I am not surprised he has been visiting australia. much sought after by the kids especially the dinosaurs. We still have lots of the little critters running about the house and they adorn our xmas tree each year Golden_yowie2.jpg but not this chap - 9k gold ! :) I well remember this yowie pile we found!5b1be443-bc83-4883-962b-fe24b9c81b44.jpg

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...2b-fe24b9c81b44

i wonder if the mystery sasquatch remembers he has a scottish relative? The big grey man of Ben MacDui. a remote summit near Aviemore. sadly though, thats still too far away for me to get to., but it would be good if the sasquatch visited the uk :D

bigfoot.jpg

I think he has once visit Europe ;) but i never saw such big foots ever :) maybe before my time B)