beg, creep or give me your most cheesiest sob story

paganfrog

In response to a very new discussion (see here) - and also because I felt like giving away another coin, but cannot choose who to give it to I set up this cointest to see just how low and cheesy people can get with begging for this coin. :grin:

Beg, creep or just give me a sob-story that is so cheesy its extra mature Stilton, and more cheesy than cheesy McCheese the cheese master from Cheddar!

The rules are simple...ahem...brace yourselves!

1. This cointest will last for a week, (until midnight of the 7th calendar day after this post)

2. The coin will be activated by me, and then released into a nearby cache and ONLY THEN adopted over to the whiner (of course I meant winner....but eeeh...as the cap fits!)

3. DO NOT join in if you already have one of these coins, or if you are so brand new we don't know you. You must have had at least one transaction which shows a genuine intent to become a geocacher rather than just raiding for trinkets.

4. You can make as many entries as you want to (what have I let myself in for!??! :grin: )

5. The winning whiner will be chosen by my muggle husband - because I'm in a mean mood! so yah boo sucks to him! :):):)

So you start a cointest that I can't win unless I whine, which I am refusing to do. Then if I were to win, you won't even let me decide what to do with my coin. No. Instead you will activate and adopt it to me. I can't even pick what cache this coin goes into or if it goes at all. It's my coin so what gives you the right to decide what I do with my coins? How unfair is that? You have my coin in your possession and still I can't even get you to release it. Now you will give my coin to someone else. That just plain sucks. I can't believe you are like that. I quit and will never post here again. Thanks alot. This will be my last post evah!!!!

THis is a funny contest.

It's raining and I have to walk a mile to my car because I can't afford the high rates at the parking lots closer to my work. I have to work to pay for my house and new truck and life sucks, you know? So anyway, I really can't afford your new coin so I thought I'd just ask for one. So how about it? Just joking of course. Should I win a coin, I will happily donate it to the youth of our country so they can learn the joys of geocoin hoarding, err I mean collecting. Sick babies in hospitals, 3 legged dogs, broken down cars, jobless Wall Street investors, the list goes on but you get the point.

Edited by RifleMan81

So you start a cointest that I can't win unless I whine, which I am refusing to do. Then if I were to win, you won't even let me decide what to do with my coin. No. Instead you will activate and adopt it to me. I can't even pick what cache this coin goes into or if it goes at all. It's my coin so what gives you the right to decide what I do with my coins? How unfair is that? You have my coin in your possession and still I can't even get you to release it. Now you will give my coin to someone else. That just plain sucks. I can't believe you are like that. I quit and will never post here again. Thanks alot. This will be my last post evah!!!!

HA-HA-HA! I cannot compete with this type of whinning. :grin: I mean come on. :) At least reading these will give me something to laugh at. pghlooking, you are the frosting on the cake, heck, maybe even the candle. We will see. Love it!!

My sob-story starts during a dark and dreary and not to mention wet night. The start was 9:05pm yesterday to be exact. I had just returned from my scout troop meeting and was dead tired. But upon going online I see that there are two new caches placed and agonizing 5km too far away, however being the cacher I am, I partnered up and drove all the way, wasting all that gas. It was of course pitch black when we were searching and after maybe 15mins at the first cache I decided to look where my partner and declared there was no cache and low and behold I had wasted all that time scrounging in the dark. We get the FTFs but uncomprehendingly the placer put a non-trackable :) geocoin (Landsharkz Halloween) as the FTF prize which I grudgingly took and left a geocoin of my own.

So I could really use a trackable geocoin to lift my spirits after such a disappointing night.

A complaining cointest??? WooHoo

Okay here goes... I am stuck in Australia. I want to be home in cold snowy Wyoming. I want to be sitting on my arse instead of being out in the bright warm horible sun and fresh air seeing Koalas and roos. ..

Oh man... I just can't bring myself to lie.. I am having a fantastic time and I have absolutely nothing to whine about. Life couldn't be better! Jodes

i can't believe it, but i am actually agreeing wtih the first part of this, even if you are being sarcastic.

and i don't believe this will be your last post evah - you are being facetious now, right?

this cointest has gone too far in my book. and i won't be reading the results at all.

rsg

the coin being offered as a prize is like this one here

geocoins_cheese_RE.jpg

this was meant to be just a fun cointest, just a cheesy tale for a cheesy geocoin.but after reading a few of the comments here i dont think you are happy so i am closing this cointest.

thanks for the few entries that got into the flow of the game, but its not working.

bye for now.

heather

the coin being offered as a prize is like this one here

geocoins_cheese_RE.jpg

this was meant to be just a fun cointest, just a cheesy tale for a cheesy geocoin.but after reading a few of the comments here i dont think you are happy so i am closing this cointest.

thanks for the few entries that got into the flow of the game, but its not working.

bye for now.

heather

So does that mean I win??? :):grin::grin:

Oh great! ANOTHER coin contest I can't possibly win! :( I am new around here, so I guess that means I'm too new to even enter. No one ever even notices me. Watch, I bet nobody even replies to this!! It isn't fair. I could really use something to cheer me up right now. I nice brand new geocoin would do the trick, but I know I don't stand a chance. I just go become a lurker again. There, are you happy now!? You made me sad! :blink:

Oh great! ANOTHER coin contest I can't possibly win! :( I am new around here, so I guess that means I'm too new to even enter. No one ever even notices me. Watch, I bet nobody even replies to this!! It isn't fair. I could really use something to cheer me up right now. I nice brand new geocoin would do the trick, but I know I don't stand a chance. I just go become a lurker again. There, are you happy now!? You made me sad! :blink:

I would be happy to send you a coin to help out your collection. This has nothing to do with "whining and begging", but just a gesture from one geocoiner to another. Email me your address and I will get a little something sent out to you ;)

I would be happy to send you a coin to help out your collection. This has nothing to do with "whining and begging", but just a gesture from one geocoiner to another. Email me your address and I will get a little something sent out to you ;)

What a very sweet gesture! Thank you!

Here I am - having to listen to the downing of the loud, hard rain. I have a headache as about now. Maybe I am tired but I can't sleep because I am here instead. My eyes are tired but sleep eludes me . My big toe hurts cuz it was broken and not healed correctly and the hard rain makes it hurt before it actually starts to pour so, I suppose that one could call it an indicator but it makes it hard to walk since the pressure is there and one NEEDS their big toe.

oh people COME ON.................

first off all SEE THE HUMOR OF THIS COIN TEST.............and if you don`t see the humor then don`t take a part and don`t post......

and PGHLOOKING sorry to say but if you don`t wanna take part because you don`t like the rules because you have to whine and you refusing to do then i don`t understand that you whine about the rules.........

what give you the right to say how someone must do his/her cointest and to say "I can't believe you are like that" if you don`t even know someone.........MAN LIGHTING UP ......

and everybody has good time and bad so pleazzz explain me why people only may say the good things and not the bad, why people may not complain about live.

just be honest to yourself and admit that sometimes everyone complains even you....

it is heathers test and she can make the rules just like everybody else that make a test,

if you are a collector of coins oke fine i understand that you don`t like the rules but when you like to set coins free then it is a nice thing..

I JUST HOPE THAT THESE SMILE`S LET YOU SMILE.........

ihaf5_450.jpeg

Why would you close a cointest that you started without even announcing a winner? Isn't that the point of why you opened it? I see one person thinking it went to far, and frankly couldn't disagree more. You asked for whining and got what you asked for. People around here are becoming very good at giving sob stories, either real ones of made up ones that they have seen from others.

Personally I very rarely enter a cointest. I posted in this one because I feel this place has gotten so far away from a trading community and entered a new realm. It's more of a styrofoam era where on ever thread corner is another person with a worse sob story and a syrofoam cup asking "Hey buddy, can you spare a few coins". Do what you want, but closing it over from what I can only is a few small posts is pretty ridiculous. If you only want threads that will agree with you 100%, then you better open your own group and not allow anyone else to post.

Waaah! I'm stuck here in Japan in a building surrounded by barbed wire and no windows DEFENDING YOUR FREEDOM and I can't attend any events Stateside and I miss you all SOOOO MUCH! Gosh, a coin would just, I don't know, remind me of you every time I happen to take it out of my coin treasure bo--no, wait, that's right, I don't have any coins because I'm too busy DEFENDING YOUR FREEDOM waaaah! Did I mention the 12-hour watches? In a building with no windows?

Cool coin, btw. I'd be happy to buy one from you, or trade it, though the only coins I have (at the moment) are nontrackable and are Navy-related (nothing whatsoever to do with geocaching, I'm afraid). If you're interested, paganfrog, drop me a PM. And it won't kill me if you don't! ; )

Edited by Jackalgirl

This will be my last post evah!!!!

Why would you close a cointest that you started without even announcing a winner? Isn't that the point of why you opened it? I see one person thinking it went to far, and frankly couldn't disagree more. You asked for whining and got what you asked for. People around here are becoming very good at giving sob stories, either real ones of made up ones that they have seen from others.

Personally I very rarely enter a cointest. I posted in this one because I feel this place has gotten so far away from a trading community and entered a new realm. It's more of a styrofoam era where on ever thread corner is another person with a worse sob story and a syrofoam cup asking "Hey buddy, can you spare a few coins". Do what you want, but closing it over from what I can only is a few small posts is pretty ridiculous. If you only want threads that will agree with you 100%, then you better open your own group and not allow anyone else to post.

HIHIHIHIHIHIHI i tought you never gonna wright here anymore :(

don`t worry i`m not after you or any like that and you may post what you feel and think just like the rest of us, and i don`t wanna judge you but there are also a lot of happy story`s to read out here about coin tradings and new designs...

a part of me understand you and maybe this is`t the place for tell sob story`s but it belong to live and this is only a cointest where people can tell them :blink: so don`t worry to much about it and pleazzzz ;)

and i have to say that you are right in this story:

WHY CLOSE IF YOU GOT WHAT YOU ASK FOR??