How far is TOO far?

PengoFamily

OK WAIT!

Let me give you all a newbie perspective.

<snip>

let us know if we have done anything in this forum that would make you not like us ,,we are gr8 poor pepole...lol :grin::):grin:

We all eww and ahh over the many wonderful coins that exist...that's why we are all addicted. There is nothing wrong with letting folks know how much you may like their coin and that you hope to one day own it. Post away as designers like to know their coins are what people want to have.

I also don't think anyone should feel down or take this thread personal. Threads like these pop up once in a while and I believe they are very good for the community. It's nice to have some real conversation and it helps bring the focus back to coin discussions. (my opinion anyway)

Please understand that people put a lot of time, effort and money into coins and yet most people are thrilled to still gift them out. I think though when some people get a little over zealous or at times almost expect them to be given out, then it kind of takes away from the joy of that giving. And of course most people love to trade which is as much a thrill as the get of the coin in the first place - but the trading needs to be respectful and accept 'No' for an answer sometimes. I may be wrong as I wasn't around at the beginning but I believe that is how this community was built - around the trading of coins and getting to know each other that way.

OK WAIT! ...

you gotta remember, everyone, EVERYONE, even old timers were newbies once. i have been around since the forums first started, but just got addicted to coins recently.

even though when the first coins were available to buy, canada coins with funky tracking numbers, i bought several. boy we thought those were hot stuff. and now look how things have grown!

so keep on posting, asking questions and being nice and in 10-15 years you won't be a new newbie any longer. i have been on this forum for 8 months, but i am still a newbie!

besides, lots of the old timers have gotten OLD and CRABBY! and be careful on ebay.

rsg

I would like to know what are the risks on ebay (asking as a newbie in GC and ebay)

Thanks =)

OK WAIT! ...

you gotta remember, everyone, EVERYONE, even old timers were newbies once. i have been around since the forums first started, but just got addicted to coins recently.

even though when the first coins were available to buy, canada coins with funky tracking numbers, i bought several. boy we thought those were hot stuff. and now look how things have grown!

so keep on posting, asking questions and being nice and in 10-15 years you won't be a new newbie any longer. i have been on this forum for 8 months, but i am still a newbie!

besides, lots of the old timers have gotten OLD and CRABBY! and be careful on ebay.

rsg

I would like to know what are the risks on ebay (asking as a newbie in GC and ebay)

Thanks =)

just read the threads on ebay buying, shilling and such and make sure you aren't buying a coin for $20 that is still available at the vendors for $10!

research research research. all answers will be found thusly.

OK WAIT! ...

rsg

Thanks =)

just read the threads on ebay buying, shilling and such and make sure you aren't buying a coin for $20 that is still available at the vendors for $10!

research research research. all answers will be found thusly.

oh! thanks... good to know and i will start looking that too... take care!

Ok, picture this... a penguin, a dragon and a pig floating around on a nice big North Atlantic block of ice... with a shark swimming circles... for protection of course!

Sounds like a cool coin to me! :)

LOL, I agree. :grin::grin: So who's minting it so I know who to ask for one for free. :):)

i'll mint it as long as they all have on red ballet shoes!

rsg

If you can Get Red Ballet Shoes on a Shark, I'll buy a few of those!!

How about Pigs? I promise my sharp trotters wont break off bits of ice.... :grin:

Every now and then, when I think someone really likes or wants a coin I have, I will give it. But I am being asked in emails to give the beggars geocoins that have been gifted to me or I have traded for. That's not on.

Begging makes me feel guilty for saying no, and I don't like feeling guilty, especially when I do gift coins every once in a while.

BEG BEG BEG, Give , give, give :):grin: Feel the guilt! Actually, that is down right RUDE to ask for your gifted and traders. Geez, .

Not all newbs come on begging. (I don't believe I did). There has only been maybe about 6 - 10 that have come out and actually begged. Remember the one from up NORTH and just recently a mother.

Now when someone says how much they like a coin, doesn't mean that they expect it for free.

I know I am guilty of recently stating that something about Now there's a coin I gotta get.

Actually, I Can NOT speak for any body else. All I can say is that I enjoy reading about others' wants and yes, I get a charge out of the newbs that come right out and state theirs.

Anyways, I KNOW what I want to say but my thoughts get scattered and may come out wrong ( wouldn't be the first time :) )

Sorry if I have ever been taken as begging

I haven’t been around in the forums much lately because I have been too busy, but when I saw this post, I had to check it out.

Okay, if you want real naivety, I’m your person (I don't have that avatar for nothing, you know)! I have said this a million times-I guess I go around with those rose colored glasses on all the time! I don’t go into the Hearts Desires often, but I’ve been there to add something I want and I have been there to see what coins others would like. Just as plain and simple as that. I have picked out a few people, mainly newbies, to send them a coin or two, just to welcome them to the community and I have found them to be very grateful.

However, I mainly give coins away with the caveat that they pay it forward and you know what- that’s what seems to happen. I have been tickled pink by some of the things people have written back to me about what they have done to “pay it forward” and some have even sent me coins when they started to aquire some. I also give coins away to people who have helped me in one way or another. It’s my way of showing them that they are valued and appreciated.

When I am in a mission, I try to do a little more, simply because I can. . .it makes me feel good to know that someone appreciates my efforts. It is fun for me to do and it is fun for someone to receive.

Most of the trades I have done have been because someone asked me and I have always obliged. I have never been disappointed by anyone with whom I have traded.

As for mystery coins-they are my favorites. I am always intrigued by these mystery gift-givers. . .why are certain people picked, how do they get coins all over the world? I am also delighted that there are people out there that think about doing something like this! They deserve the utmost gratitude because they are not seeking anything in return.

I guess I don’t have any coins that someone would want to continually harass me for because I have never experienced that situation. I guess my 2 cents would be the next time you are harassed, don’t bother to even answer the emails, just delete them; they will get the message eventually.

Sorry if I have strayed off topic a bit or digressed in any way. :)

Edited by Degai

Thanks =)

1. If Person B is selling something that is advertised as being Person A's personal coin, it doesn't hurt to send a note to Person A to see if they are selling them directly. It's sort of like buying your milk straight from the dairy or your art from the artist.

2. If a coin is advertised as being from one of the coin companies/producers/designers that are listed on gc.com, go to their site and see if they still have it listed for sale. It may be cheaper to buy it from the company than on EBay or you could find out that the EBay one is a fair price. Make sure and compare shipping prices too.

How about Pigs? I promise my sharp trotters wont break off bits of ice.... :(

Every now and then, when I think someone really likes or wants a coin I have, I will give it. But I am being asked in emails to give the beggars geocoins that have been gifted to me or I have traded for. That's not on.

Begging makes me feel guilty for saying no, and I don't like feeling guilty, especially when I do gift coins every once in a while.

BEG BEG BEG, Give , give, give :D;) Feel the guilt! Actually, that is down right RUDE to ask for your gifted and traders. Geez, .

Not all newbs come on begging. (I don't believe I did). There has only been maybe about 6 - 10 that have come out and actually begged. Remember the one from up NORTH and just recently a mother.

Now when someone says how much they like a coin, doesn't mean that they expect it for free.

I know I am guilty of recently stating that something about Now there's a coin I gotta get.

Actually, I Can NOT speak for any body else. All I can say is that I enjoy reading about others' wants and yes, I get a charge out of the newbs that come right out and state theirs.

Anyways, I KNOW what I want to say but my thoughts get scattered and may come out wrong ( wouldn't be the first time :blink: )

Sorry if I have ever been taken as begging

I don't think I came here begging. I did list one coin in the Heart's Desire thread though. I have it now!! I still need to set it loose. That thread served what I thought was it's purpose, to list one's interest in finding a Coin that they have had trouble finding. I didn't think it was for listing every coin one ever wanted though.

wauwie here i read a lot of minds and it make me a little confuse :blink:

because i don`t know what falls under the word beg.

i did`t realise that there are people that e-mail other people more then 1 time for a coin that they want i`m sorry i haven`t experiance that.

about the desire treat when people put a coin in there what they really really want and they post it in the trade list before but when there is nobody that wanna trade it is it then wrong to hope that there is some one out there that have a good heart and send you your desire???

and about mystery coins, when people get a mystery coin and some one post a congrats do`s that mean that people beg for a mystery???

i`m sorry but i don`t think so, i`m happy with the desire treat because i believe that when there are people who really want a coin and they can`t buy it for some reason ( because they don`t have money or they just start collect coins so the miss the sell ) always can put his/her desire in there so that some one else with a good hart can make that person happy.

i post two desire`s in there and my first desire come out and i will never forget the day that my desire fall in my mailbox, on the other side it make me happy to that i can give other people that same happyniss what i had when i can give them his/her desire........

and jep i post in mystery treat because i have them to.......and it is not for beg.

i find 2 mystery`s in a cache and i got 4 in my mail and everybody knows that some came in a time that was hard for me.....it was so good to know that there are people that live with you.

but when people post in mystery treats to congrats others with his/her coin that is because people are happy for the other not because they want that coin to...........in my eyes anyway.

so i`m sorry but i don`t see what the desire and mystery treats have to do with beg,

i can understand that it is annoying that some people disturb other people for coins special when you told NO before, and i`m sorry for the one`s that has expirance that, i just don`t know what you can do about it.

like i said i never experiance that before but i don`t have a own coin....

maybe i can`t say this but i do it anyway:

for the ones who keep disturb others stop doing that if people say NO................

and for the one`s who make other people happy with a trade or a free gift THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I've read through this whole mess and I must say...if no is the answer, leave it at that and move on.

As far as begging or the Heart's Desire thread...life's just too short to worry about the small stuff. If you don't like that thread, don't read it! I'm glad I was given my heart's desire of a YIME and I cherish it and am very grateful to LindsyChris for their gift!! Many might have seen my posts as begging, well, behind the scenes, I was busy trying to make a trade with the YIMESTER which never came about as I simply hadn't the coin(s) he wanted. I wasn't begging the masses for this coin, I was keeping it fresh in YIME's mind that I was still very interested in that coin. LindsyChris beat him to it and I hold a special place in my heart for those two caring souls for their sacrifice!! I'd have settled for ANY YIME, I was treated to the BEST YIME! (maybe not THE best, but in my eyes, it is) Why I wanted a YIME?? Not for it's value (hey, just try to pry it from my hands), but because I wanted something from someone I felt was special!

I have many more desires, desires for coins from people I have met, from people I consider special or people I consider friends...but I'll keep those secret and only try for trades as I have the chance!

Me? I will continue to read the Heart's Desire thread in hopes I can some day return the AWESOME favor/gift LindsyChris bestowed upon me! I am none to happy to try to bring a smile to someone's face like was brought to mine!

I don't post in the trade thread very much simply because I have so little to trade....I'm sure I'm not alone. I find it silly of me to post in there and then tell whoever answers my post that I have only a scarce few traders...doesn't make me feel good and makes me look silly!

Posting in the mystery coin thread...I learned a long time back (when I posted my coins were stolen) that there are some AWESOME people in here, I also learned some would bend over backwards to make someone happy. I applaud those who make the mystery coins and I THANK them for the awesome gifts!! I try not to make it sound like I desire one, but try to just keep to posting congrats for those who get them. Sometimes, I can't help myself (like when many state they are waiting in the pumpkin patch or whatnot lol), and for this I will apologize!

Posting in the cointest...unless it's something that I really want to share, I try to avoid posting in them only to say THANKS for the cointest and CONGRATS to the winners. These people do put these on for the joy of spreading their happiness, I'd not want people to stop participating (where would that leave my Todie's Wild Ride???), then we'd not have those fun topics! I applaud anyone willing to be thoughtful enough to give freely of themselves!!!

All in all, if you're a member of this community, do your share to give back as you get! Whether giving back is in the form of positive and friendly posts or giving of your coins, just do your best and be happy!

Sorry if I've bothered people with my personal problems too...I am the kind of person who just cannot keep my problems to myself. Sharing them with others helps me to unwind or let off steam. I never meant to bring anyone down and will try to keep my problems mine...

Since this topic only brings me down, I'll not read it anymore...this is the choice all of us have when we don't like the content of a topic!!! :blink:

I sure want to know from mysteriecoiners, if thanking for there coin or playing[like i do with the devil :blink: ]

they don't like.

i am blessed with many mysterycoins and i still thank them, i don't stop when i received one.

i am happy when i see others has got a mysteriecoin, especially when they get there first mysteriecoin.

When i post by new mysteriecoin i don't expect to get them, i like to thank them at this way.

When i thank the mysteriecoiners and congrats the coiner who was blessed , this comes from my heart.

So mysteriecoiners do you think i do wrong, please tel me and i stop. :(

Ok, picture this... a penguin, a dragon and a pig floating around on a nice big North Atlantic block of ice... with a shark swimming circles... for protection of course!

Sounds like a cool coin to me! :blink:

LOL, I agree. :(;) So who's minting it so I know who to ask for one for free. :D:D

rsg

just the red shoes for the critters on the ice. unless we want to put red shoes on the shark's fin! nah, just the other creatures.

off to the drawing board. :D

rsg

I've read through this whole mess and I must say...if no is the answer, leave it at that and move on.

As far as begging or the Heart's Desire thread...life's just too short to worry about the small stuff. If you don't like that thread, don't read it! I'm glad I was given my heart's desire of a YIME and I cherish it and am very grateful to LindsyChris for their gift!! Many might have seen my posts as begging, well, behind the scenes, I was busy trying to make a trade with the YIMESTER which never came about as I simply hadn't the coin(s) he wanted. I wasn't begging the masses for this coin, I was keeping it fresh in YIME's mind that I was still very interested in that coin. LindsyChris beat him to it and I hold a special place in my heart for those two caring souls for their sacrifice!! I'd have settled for ANY YIME, I was treated to the BEST YIME! (maybe not THE best, but in my eyes, it is) Why I wanted a YIME?? Not for it's value (hey, just try to pry it from my hands), but because I wanted something from someone I felt was special!

Hey Rod. I do apologize for not figuring out a trade with you. Believe me though, you're not the only one. I never intend to ignore requests, but you'd have to live in my mind for just a few hours to understand how scatterbrained I am. Combine that with my own oppressive urge to write a perfect response, my natural reluctance to say "no", and my general listlessness over collecting geocoins lately...and I'm just not able to handle the requests that I get. If you toss in very limited quantities and past problems, I'm most likely a horrible trade anyway. :(

I find it uncomfortable to be blunt, because I never wish to offend anyone. But I kinda think a softball was tossed up here that I should just go ahead and swing at. I really, really don't like feeling guilty about not trading my coins. That's not to say I'm not interested in trading. I am, but it goes in cycles. Like some folks who have been around a while, the coins are piling up...and I've become much more selective in what I collect. I also have so many potential traders around here, I'd rather go that route than tap the PayPal button.

But regardless, it all relates back to the part about "past problems" I mentioned before. A while back, a similar discussion to the "Heart's Desire" thread had me receiving repeated emails asking me to please help out someone who really wanted one of my coins. Each time that person dropped a hint in that thread, my Inbox would ding. Catch 22. I really want to help, but resources are limited...and often costly.

And then there was the time another "artist" wanted to trade, offering their "XLE" version, and there was like 10 different "XLE" versions...and all I liked was the regular antique bronze. Then there was defensive banter and justifications as to equal value...yadda yadda yadda...until I just hit the nuke button and bailed. Total train wreck, and of course I end up broadcasted as the bad guy in their chat room. Whatever. Karma (not dorkfish) eventually had its own little giggle.

So, anyways...I thank you for the kudos, and sincerely appreciate how you and others like my coins. But please just keep in mind that some people can be made to feel awkward when the appreciation approaches what could be considered a guilt-trip. I know that sounds a bit harsh, and I really can't express how much I don't mean it to sound that way. But I'm not the only one that feels that way, and some just express it differently. Whether it's intentional or unintentional...the posting of a "desire" could lead to someone feeling pressured into giving something away against their abilities. If for no other reason, than to avoid being thought of negatively by the masses.

:blink:

Most of my trading experiences have been positive, however it does happen that folks ask for my coins more....er.... aggressively every so often.

This is why all my new personal coins are one edition, face-to-face trades, with a few for sale and most for ME and caches. By limiting what and how I trade, I think it's easier to say "no" when I have to. People take it less personally when I say that they are only "face-to-face" coins.

It's not that I'm trying to be unfriendly (I'm really quite friendly!). It's just that I get guilty and feel I am insulting folks when they offer to trade their "gun club bottle cap" for my coin that cost $12 a pop to mint. I don't *want* to say "no", but I often *have* to say no.

A personal sob story makes me feel bad for the person, but I think that it's better if they concentrate on getting better rather than getting coins.

Most of my trading experiences have been positive, however it does happen that folks ask for my coins more....er.... aggressively every so often.

This is why all my new personal coins are one edition, face-to-face trades, with a few for sale and most for ME and caches. By limiting what and how I trade, I think it's easier to say "no" when I have to. People take it less personally when I say that they are only "face-to-face" coins.

It's not that I'm trying to be unfriendly (I'm really quite friendly!). It's just that I get guilty and feel I am insulting folks when they offer to trade their "gun club bottle cap" for my coin that cost $12 a pop to mint. I don't *want* to say "no", but I often *have* to say no.

A personal sob story makes me feel bad for the person, but I think that it's better if they concentrate on getting better rather than getting coins.

a gun club bottle cap? now, that would be something to see! at least for a giggle. thanx!

rsg

Sounds like a cool coin to me! :blink:

LOL, I agree. :(;) So who's minting it so I know who to ask for one for free. :D:D

rsg

just the red shoes for the critters on the ice. unless we want to put red shoes on the shark's fin! nah, just the other creatures.

off to the drawing board. :D

rsg

Maybe one creature could be missing a red shoe...That's in the shark's mouth!!

After reading the whole thread I have to say, this sounds like the start of a good joke:

A penguin, a dragon and a pig floating around on a nice big North Atlantic block of ice... with a shark swimming circles...........

:blink:

wearing red ballet slippers and sipping martinis... :(

Edited by Landsharkz

Oh well the newbie does it again .

See's the "Hearts Desire "thread and goes away looks at the coin lists and pictures and then comes back and posts up his 10 favourite coins :blink: .

I hope my post didn't come across as a begging post because it wasn't . It was a genuine list of the 10 coins that I really like that are out there at the moment (subject to change as new coins are released :ph34r: ).

If any of the owners or holders of the coins would care to get in touch with prices I'll see if my budget will strech to buying them .I buy because I have nothing to trade at the moment my "collection " can be seen on the" Most Cherished" thread.

I don't pester people and will return email/ messages quickly and politely.

And I'd be up for one of those coins too :D

Why have a Heart's Desire Thread, if people can't say what they desire. I don't think this is the problem. I think the issue is people who can't take no for an answer, and keep on asking the same person for the same coin after being told no, and from what I'm reading, people who use excuses as to why they should have the coin, other then they just want it. Posting what you want is what that thread asks for. It's all in how you say it, and how many times you say it, I guess.

Why have a Heart's Desire Thread, if people can't say what they desire.

Because people have become greedy, and others here are too easily taken advantage of.

Sure it's not all the people, but there are enough of the bad apples who have turned "desire" into their own unique form of begging. They word things in ways they can back track from and say they weren't begging, they were asking for a trade. They get the coin they "desire" and then list the next one, and the next one, and the next one.

Instead of us trying to protect their feelings, how about we think about the people who have actually spent their hard earned money on their coins. If I produce a personal coin with my own money and you want it, but have nothing to trade for it, why should I be made to feel as if I am the bad guy for not trading with you, regardless of reason. Even worse, what makes you feel that I should just give you my coin?

This happens time and time again. I see the same people posting over and over of how "I really want your coin, but have nothing to trade for it" or some other variation of this line. There's lots of coins, fewer now than before, that I would love to have. I don't feel the need to post it in every thread.

The worst abuse seems to be with Mystery Coins. I feel sorry for those people who have done nothing but try to make others smile. They have spent their money, which they worked hard for, to make a coin to give away. They don't typically make enough for every person to get them, so guess what, not everyone will get them. Deal with it, but don't ruin their good works because your feelings got hurt because you didn't get this one or that one.

I don't have every Mystery Coin, but I also don't expect any of them. I am grateful to the ones I have received, and fortunate for the one's I have found. Would my life be any different if I didn't have any? No. But you see time again and again of the same people posting in the Mystery Coin threads of how I wish this Mystery Coin would come to my area. One request is enough. Once a week is ridiculous, and I would venture to say it would mean you probably would move yourself off the list of getting one if it was me doing the listings.

I know some Mystery Coiners out there and have been heard of some of the reason's people have "asked" for a Mystery Coin. If you are emailing someone for a coin for your Birthday, sickness, job loss, or any other reason...You are begging and putting these people in a very bad position.

I never would have imigined 3 or 4 years ago we would have to explain to people the difference between asking for a coin trade and begging for a coin. If you can't tell the difference, then maybe you should hold off on posting till you do so as not to put the person who actually paid for the coin in a bad position.

How about Pigs? I promise my sharp trotters wont break off bits of ice.... :blink:

Quit Beggin! Whap! :ph34r:

I think the heart's desire thread has kind of morphed from a "one coin I really really want that's hard to get" to ' "what can I list now that someone will gift me". Some of the coins requested are often still for sale :D , but I guess it's different than harassing someone for their coin. I can't really see that happening much more since there are less and less personal coins being made (although mystery coin people do get harassed quite a bit).

I think the heart's desire thread has kind of morphed from a "one coin I really really want that's hard to get" to ' "what can I list now that someone will gift me".

Yes, the Heart's Desire thread was made to talk about those few certain coins that you'd like to have in your collection, but are a bit out of reach.

Something magical happened when a few people were gifted with such coins by other readers of the thread, and then the thread became quite popular... teetering on and off the path of almost being a Trading thread, which was a not acceptable.

I guess the metamorphosis progressed into an "I Want" and eventually "Begging" ensued.

I haven't read the thread in some time... and didn't witness the Begging, but I do apologize if my Thread

has recently caused a negative effect to our community.

I've viewed it as a useful tool when I want to send something to someone on a Mission... or even just to see

what interesting coins are "Most Wanted" at the moment.

But really, I thought of the Thread when I began it... was like looking up at the Sky and seeing those Far Away Stars... and never being able to grasp them... Geocoins up in the sky, and the result is that a few people were hit in the head with a few...

But alas...

No one should be begging for the Stars to "Fall".

Thanks,

~Fluttershy

Edited by Fluttershy

"I've viewed it as a useful tool when I want to send something to someone on a Mission... or even just to see

But really, I thought of the Thread when I began it... was like looking up at the Sky and seeing those Far Away Stars... and never being able to grasp them... Geocoins up in the sky, and the result is that a few people were hit in the head with a few...

But alas...

Thanks,

~Fluttershy"

"When you wish upon a star

Makes no difference who you are

Anything your heart desires

Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream

No request is too extreme

When you wish upon a star

As dreamers do

Fate is kind

She brings to those to love

The sweet fulfillment of

Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue

Fate steps in and sees you through

Your dreams come true."

Not MY words, but true just the same.

Perhaps people use the incorrect wording while posting in Fluttershy's thread. I don't see it as a bad thing. One only needs to use their common sense, wisdom, wits and figure out if the poster is genuine or not.

Fairyhoney ( I reserve the right to post again once the thoughts spring in)

"I've viewed it as a useful tool when I want to send something to someone on a Mission... or even just to see

But alas...

Thanks,

~Fluttershy"

"When you wish upon a star

Makes no difference who you are

Anything your heart desires

Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream

No request is too extreme

As dreamers do

Fate is kind

She brings to those to love

The sweet fulfillment of

Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue

Fate steps in and sees you through

Your dreams come true."

Not MY words, but true just the same.

Perhaps people use the incorrect wording while posting in Fluttershy's thread. I don't see it as a bad thing. One only needs to use their common sense, wisdom, wits and figure out if the poster is genuine or not.

Fairyhoney ( I reserve the right to post again once the thoughts spring in)

THANK YOU FairyHoney!!

I see people complaining about how others post in the thread and then I go back to the beginning and see they too made lists. I see where we ALL were posting of our desires....well most of us anyways. I now read it's changed somehow and I keep wondering if any one person can explain exactly what has changed?

The thread ASKS what you desire, it's for listing a coin (or coins as some do) you desire. If someone wants to grant that wish, GREAT! If you don't, then don't...but to complain when most of us have made the same requests....

The way I see it, a few stopped asking and are now upset that others still do. Some of us have had our desires filled while many many others haven't. Sure, some of it is a bit "pushy" feeling, but in life, we all see this happen somewhere or other. Let those who are passionate continue to ask and act upon those you want to...or not! I have been very fortunate to get a gift coin or two (and no one can EVER tell me my YIME or Mauison wasn't a gift from some very special people...never), and I have had the pleasure of returning the favor here and there! When I posted my desire for a Mauison and a 007BigD, I hoped someone would see it and understand my traders are limited and would work with me (even if it included telling me that I've nothing they want)...posting my desire to the trader list would have been a big joke and would have made me look bad as I truly have a limited amount of traders, and most are not very much sought after. I say that from experience...I posted a desire in the trade post and came away with the feeling I made a big fool of myself when the replies came asking for a trade list (OK, let me post my 5 coinclub monthly editions, my spare commoners and such :blink: ) Mauison answered my call and asked that I merely pay it forward...which I will very happily do!

Use the thread for what it's there for! Give if you want and don't if you don't...and don't read it if it bothers you!

If someone (ANYONE) were to post they wanted one of my oh-so-famous :D Cachestalkers coins so badly that they posted and posted....I'd be a very proud coiner! Some of you should be happy to have your coin being sought after! If my coins were all gone and I couldn't fill a wish, I'd be even more proud as that meant my coin was LOVED! Some of us are destined to make "common" coins while some are talented and make pieces of art, live with that honor, my friends!!