Getting Back Into The Game

Okay, I'll bite, even though you never actually posted anything. By your profile I see that you haven't been caching in a few years. Since you're posting in the GPS and Technology forum, I'll assume you want are interesting in getting a new GPS, and are wondering which one might be a good one to get. The current "old standby" and probably the most popular and most stable is the Garmin 60cx (and 60csx). A tried and true performer, but lacking some of the bells and whistles of the newer offerings. Of the "bells and whitsles" GPSrs now available, I'd probably say the Garmin Oregon is the top contender. Because it is still fairly new, it is still going through some growing pains, but has a lot of really great features. New on the block (played with a demo, and had a long conversation with Chip Noble about it's capabilities) is the DeLorme PN-40. It is due to become available in a couple of weeks. I will be keeping a close eye on this one, and may end up picking one up because of the interesting mapping capabilities of this unit and its associated software (especially when they more fully embrace Mac OSX).

If I'm way off base here, feel free to state your actual question. :)

--Marky

Actually, I had typed up a long post and went to submit and the computer locked up. Tried it 3 times and it finally went through. At was at this point I discovered it went through twice. I then tried to delete two of them and discovered that I had deleted the wrong one. Anyways, yes, I need gps help. I use to own the 60c and I was wondering if there was anything newer or better out now. I was also wondering what software was being used. I used cachemate with an old pda and GSAK with my computer. They are all long gone and need to replace. Looks like the 60c is still okay to get. What about software? Thanks for the help.

Actually, I had typed up a long post and went to submit and the computer locked up. Tried it 3 times and it finally went through. At was at this point I discovered it went through twice. I then tried to delete two of them and discovered that I had deleted the wrong one. Anyways, yes, I need gps help. I use to own the 60c and I was wondering if there was anything newer or better out now. I was also wondering what software was being used. I used cachemate with an old pda and GSAK with my computer. They are all long gone and need to replace. Looks like the 60c is still okay to get. What about software? Thanks for the help.

OK, that is not for Best Buy. It happens to me from time to time.

So, when it looks like it's hung up, I select and copy my post. Then I back up to the thread and do a refresh and if my post is there, I'm done. If not, I go back like to repost and if it is still there, I resubmit. I not, I start a new post with a paste of the copy.

Anyway, I always go back to see if it has been posted when I get that hesitation after the Submit.