A new cache

CapeDoc

After seeing the movie "The Bucket List" I was thinking about what to place on my "Bucket List" (For those of you who haven't seen the movie, it is a list of things to do before you kick the bucket!). The idea came to me that it may be a good idea to start with "The Seven Wonders Of The World"...I mean they are "Wonders", revered by all. So, I looked them up on Wikipedia only to find it is not that simple! There are Ancient, Modern, Engineering, Underwater, Natural...etc. etc. wonders of the world. Being that type of guy, I would probably want to start with the Natural Wonders.

Ok, so the rest is obvious...how about a series of caches that take you see the 7 Natural Wonders of the world? I did (like many of you) take part in The Magnificent Journey (TMJ) and now think we could create a more magnificent journey, perhaps using a similar format.

What I would like is a dedicated cache at each of the Seven Wonders of the World, each that could be found independently of each other, logged as a cache with a clue in each as to the location of a Final Cache. As with TMJ I think it would be nice to enlist the help of other cachers.

I would love ideas and help. I thought I would start at home looking for help. I do realise that we are a tiny community and not many of us read the forums.

Ideas? Help? Keen?

Ideas? Help? Keen?

Great idea Doc, it will take a HUGE amount of organizing! Good Luck! :D

My Idea = what a bout a cache series in SOUTH AFRICA visiting OUR wonders of the world? Blyde River Canyon, Table Mountain, Drakensberg Amphitheatre, Kimberley Big Hole, Valley of Desolation, St Lucia Wetlands, Magoebaskloof. [Just MY ideas - there maybe{are} many others.]

Perhaps we could create a 7 Wonders thread for ideas?

My 2 dirhams worth - about 7 cents! B)

Tugela Falls - OK, but then one will have to choose between the Falls and the Amphitheatre then. I was just looking for something in "that" part of the world. How about the Fish River Canyon then or the Singing Dunes in the Kalahari? [We have Singing Dunes here - about 20km from Doha that are quite magnificent. I have a cache there called Dune Stock and I hope to have an EarthCache published there soon.]

Maybe something on the Garden Route could qualify for yor SA list? Or the Cango Caves perhaps? There are so many places in SA that you could use. Team up with a cacher in each Province and go for it! :D

Oh yeah... I am thinking the Tugela is an amazing one for a cache. Maybe a two part one... A cache at the top and one at the bottom. They might be just within 160 meter of each other horizontally though. But almost a km vertically apart. I have Hiked to almost the foot of the falls and it is no easy feat as it takes most of a day there and back... OK I was carrying my baby son on my back at the time... But still....