Fatal error posting, but actually successful

efflandt

I am new to this forum (and geocaching) and only posted 2 replies so far. But both times I got an error page "Php Fatal error: Maximum exection time of 45 seconds exceeded..." while attempting to use the "Add Reply" button which would lead me to think that my post did not work. But when I viewed the topic it had successfully posted.

If I hadn't checked that, I could easily see how the error could lead someone to double or triple post. I also had severe lag attempting to log in the first time, which timed out with an error and I had to try again. Any idea what causes these timeout errors, or is the site just too busy at times? I am using IE 7.0 on DSL that is usually 5 Mbps.

PS: This post was prompt with no error, but I did not use Preview first like I did with the other replies.

Edited by efflandt

I am new to this forum (and geocaching) and only posted 2 replies so far. But both times I got an error page "Php Fatal error: Maximum exection time of 45 seconds exceeded..." while attempting to use the "Add Reply" button which would lead me to think that my post did not work. But when I viewed the topic it had successfully posted.

If I hadn't checked that, I could easily see how the error could lead someone to double or triple post. I also had severe lag attempting to log in the first time, which timed out with an error and I had to try again. Any idea what causes these timeout errors, or is the site just too busy at times? I am using IE 7.0 on DSL that is usually 5 Mbps.

PS: This post was prompt with no error, but I did not use Preview first like I did with the other replies.

Congratulations! You have successfully passed the first three tests for new posters in the forum.

1) You posted a clear and understandable posting.

2) Excellent spelling.

3) You avoided the dreaded Double Post!

:lol::huh:;)

Too bad most of the people have been on here so long they've been grandfathered in and don't have to meet these requirements. B)

Don't know why, but the timeouts do occur occasionally.

Welcome to the addiction! :D