Rare misprinted TB?

Jozii

I ordered a TB from www.box64.com. When I tried to activate it on geocaching.com, I got the message that no such TB exists in the system. I rechecked that I wrote the code correctly several times, and I did. The copy TB says the same thing as the real one.

So I checked the sticker that came with the package of the TB and noticed that it had a slightly different number. Where the TB said "X98XXX", the sticker said "X89XXX". In fear of activating a bad TB, I never tried the sticker version at all.

Instead, I contacted box64 about it. This is the message I got in return:

That is an unusual problem indeed, it could even be considered a rare

misprinted TB!

If you prefer to have one that is correctly printed, you are welcome

to return it back to us for a new replacement as long as it has not

been activated and is undamaged. Let us know what you prefer to do.

So, eh, what should I do? Sounds cool with a misprinted one, but still, what's the point of having that? Has anyone else experienced a misprinted TB?

I ordered a TB from www.box64.com. When I tried to activate it on geocaching.com, I got the message that no such TB exists in the system. I rechecked that I wrote the code correctly several times, and I did. The copy TB says the same thing as the real one.

So I checked the sticker that came with the package of the TB and noticed that it had a slightly different number. Where the TB said "X98XXX", the sticker said "X89XXX". In fear of activating a bad TB, I never tried the sticker version at all.

Instead, I contacted box64 about it. This is the message I got in return:

That is an unusual problem indeed, it could even be considered a rare

misprinted TB!

If you prefer to have one that is correctly printed, you are welcome

to return it back to us for a new replacement as long as it has not

been activated and is undamaged. Let us know what you prefer to do.

So, eh, what should I do? Sounds cool with a misprinted one, but still, what's the point of having that? Has anyone else experienced a misprinted TB?

I seem to recall that happening to me once. I also recall that it ended up being that the tag was right, but the sticker was wrong. I guess I got lucky.

Send an email to contact at geocaching dot com. Give them both numbers. They will check the numbers and let you know which one to use. Since the number came up "does not exist" we know that no one else has the TB already out there. Put "TB activation problem" in the subject matter of the email.

No, it doesn't make it worth more. It's just the tag and sticker do not match. These things can happen.

Send an email to contact at geocaching dot com. Give them both numbers. They will check the numbers and let you know which one to use. Since the number came up "does not exist" we know that no one else has the TB already out there. Put "TB activation problem" in the subject matter of the email.

No, it doesn't make it worth more. It's just the tag and sticker do not match. These things can happen.

What's the point of that? I can already tell the one on the tag is wrong, so even if the one on the sticker is the correct one what use is it? I still can't send off a tag with the wrong number on it :D

Anyway, I'm leaning towards just sending this one back like box64 asked me to get a new one in return (though, for good service, I think they should send me a new one anyway as I'd like to keep this one as well, but I guess if they allowed people to do that it would be easy to cheat them :/ )