"Wearing of the Colors" Christmas 2008 by USA Geocoins

Eric K

I wanted to wait until I had the samples but I'm really happy with the way this project has been turning out. I will wait to release the back side image (that didn't sound right) until I have the photo sample.

The front of the coin will be a photo print.

Estimated price of this 2 inch coin will ONLY be $9.99. This coin has a photoprint on the front, and on the back will have 3 layers plus translucent.

Anyway, here is the 'sneak peek' plus the story behind the coin.

wearingfront.jpg

Sneak Peek! Coming soon!

"Wearing of the Colors" Geocoin!!

This coin will be a LARGE 2 inch coin. The artwork on the front of the coin has been officially licensed.

The artwork was created by renowned artist Joseph Holodook.

Mr. Holodook has been a winner of the Love and Heritage Award for his works on folk Americana.

Mr. Holodooks' art graces fine homes as well as major corporations, among them Ernst & Young and ITG Boston. He has also created restoration artwork for the Sacred Heart Church and for the St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church, both in Hudson, NY.

On the back of the coin there will be an area that has the year, 2008. This idea came about as last year as my wife and I were hanging up our Christmas tree we noticed almost every ornament we have has a year on it. We like to reminisce on when we received those ornaments and what was going on at the time.

She then said to me that I should create a geocoin/ornament. So we are hoping this will be the first in a series of Christmas Ornament/Geocoins from USA Geocoins.

There is a hole at the top of the coin that will have a red ribbon attached so you can hang it from your tree!

If you are on our mailing list you will be notified when we start taking reservations for this coin. Est. price will ONLY be $9.99!

Another Christmas coin for Val I would like to get her, she is always letted me decorate the tree with all of my firfighter ornaments since we been together since my last wife would never let me do this. She knows how much all of my firefighter collection/ornaments mean to me. This time I would like her to hang all of her Holiday ornaments on it. She don't know yet but I will be tell her tonight. Nice Coin by the way.

Another Christmas coin for Val I would like to get her, she is always letted me decorate the tree with all of my firfighter ornaments since we been together since my last wife would never let me do this. She knows how much all of my firefighter collection/ornaments mean to me. This time I would like her to hang all of her Holiday ornaments on it. She don't know yet but I will be tell her tonight. Nice Coin by the way.

Thanks for the compliment on the coin.

I'm one of those sentimental guys also about hanging the ornaments. We still have a bunch that my mom had hand made when I was a kid that we hang up every year.

On the top of the tree we go back and forth with a star that either my daugter or son made when they were little kids.

Hmm, I think I smell an idea for a cointest. :-) I think I'll do one after people start putting up their trees!

Edited by Eric K

Nice Coin -- I will definitly be ordering one of these. Do you plan on having a unique icon for these? Will they be available way before Christmas???

Great Coin!

Heidi

If 250 are sold we will do an icon.

They 'should' be ready by early December barring any unforeseen issues. We have been working hard to get everything right so they will be ready at least 2 to 3 weeks before Christmas. The photo samples have been approved and that's we are waiting on now.

Nice Coin -- I will definitly be ordering one of these. Do you plan on having a unique icon for these? Will they be available way before Christmas???

Great Coin!

Heidi

They 'should' be ready by early December barring any unforeseen issues. We have been working hard to get everything right so they will be ready at least 2 to 3 weeks before Christmas. The photo samples have been approved and that's we are waiting on now.

is the artist getting any for his contribution? an AE edition maybe? you did ask him for permission, yes? :D

rsg

Great Coin!

Heidi

is the artist getting any for his contribution? an AE edition maybe? you did ask him for permission, yes? :D

rsg

This work of art has been officially licensed to USA Geocoins for use.

At this time two versions are planned. They will both be regular versions and both for sale at the same price.

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by Eric K

Can you give me a hint of the flip side. 5 or 6 days is so far away and I promise I won't tell anyone else. It can still be a secret.

Well I'm probably having a harder time waiting than you! :unsure:

Just a tease as die art never looks as good as the finished product.

backtease.jpg

backtease2.jpg

Can you give me a hint of the flip side. 5 or 6 days is so far away and I promise I won't tell anyone else. It can still be a secret.

Well I'm probably having a harder time waiting than you! :unsure:

Just a tease as die art never looks as good as the finished product.

backtease.jpg

backtease2.jpg

THANKS so much - I promise to keep it a secret. :D It look so cute and Christmasy. This is the coin my kids want for Christmas, I hope I don't miss it.

The photo samples are in!

There will be two ways to reserve. The Guaranteed Pre-Paid reservation, where you will receive your invoice right away and can pay via check or Money Order

Or the standard reservation where you will receive an invoice when the coins arrive, however if they sell out they are sold on a first come first paid basis

Reserve Your Wearing of the Colors Geocoin!

15-4.jpg

15-1.jpg

15.jpg

15-2.jpg

I tried to reserve early this morning and received an error. I was able to submit my reservation just now. Please note that you should only have ONE reservation from me. If the other did manage to go through, please cancel it. Thanks.

They were both there. Deleted the duplicate order.

Thanks,

Eric

Last bump. The order will be placed tonight. Make sure you get your reservation in if you haven't already.

Anyone that did a pre-pay guarantee reservation those e-mails went out last night. If you did not get an invoice for the guaranteed pre pay reservations only contact us at support at usageocoins dot com

Thanks!

is the artist getting any for his contribution? an AE edition maybe? you did ask him for permission, yes? :laughing:

rsg

Good questions...The OP says that the artwork os "Officially Licsensed". This would mean that the use is approved by the owner of the image, and I'm guessing they are being compensated. Prabably according to how many are made.

The artwork is officially licensed. The artist has been compensated per the terms of the contract provided by his agent.

Whic icon do you prefer?

icon1.jpg

Icon 1

icon2.jpg

Icon 2

I pefer Icon 1. I just went over to the quaranteed reservation and sent it in, but Now I read that it's too late for that? Is my reseration guaranteed or not? I that option is not guaranteed, should it still be upon the page?

The pre-paid guaranteed reservations are still an option. The invoice for those are sent out and the coins will be delivered in the the order in which payment is received.

How cool that design is, but we'll have to give it a miss, the exchange rate is not as nice as it was 6 months ago, made my collection nearly 30% more valuable over night!!!! That's if any one was counting :shocked:

cheers

Gayle & Mark

Ditto on the nasty exchange rate.

52 cents when I last checked on Friday - I have to monitor it everyday for hedging at work!

But I can't use their funds!

I'll pass too, as the "colors" used as stars and stripes really don't apply here. Seems a very American market orientated coin.

Good luck. Lovely artwork, just not with appeal down under.

The coins arrived yesterday! I personally think they came out really nice and have already hung them on our tree! :D

All the orders that were pre-paid and the payments had been received were shipped out this morning.

We have started e-mailing the remaining invoices. Please give us at least 2-3 days to e-mail out the remaining invoices.

Thanks,

Eric