Clearing Inventory - Roulette geocoin

OTT Team

Does it come with the marble? :unsure:

Looks cool.

I'm not sure what to use as a marble. I can't find one small enough.

You can buy ceramic ball-bearings. I've seen them in white. Don't know how much they cost or what sizes they come in. They are used on top end bicycles quite a lot.

Does it come with the marble? :unsure:

Looks cool.

I'm not sure what to use as a marble. I can't find one small enough.

You can buy ceramic ball-bearings. I've seen them in white. Don't know how much they cost or what sizes they come in. They are used on top end bicycles quite a lot.

When I first started this post I was looking into a small ball bearing, and I found the right size for a good price. But I don't want to buy them and then find out they don't fit when I get the actual coin. I mean, I have the final die art, but who is to say the coin will be exactly like the concept in my head and on the paper...

Also, I put a mirror in the board so that there is a surface the coin can be spun on. But I'm thinking I may need some sort of ball bearing spinner for under the coin, but that all comes down to the functionality of the coin.

Here is the custom handmade display I have been working on for the coins. Now this one alone took about 2 days to produce and at that rate I do not have the time I put into this first one. But let me know what you think. The coin should be able to spin in the display, and the contrast on the wood will allow the focus to be mainly on the coin.

48091e76-58ba-4dcf-a4c6-f383b1a91300.jpg

I am blown away by your talent. The display is beautiful.

Waiting... :)

Ok, I know how much we hate ebay but it is the only way to reach cachers that do not use the forum. So, I have listed the first coin on there.

Not a fan of the "e" place. Will you be taking any orders here or selling them through Coin & Pins? I'd love to get one.

Ok, I know how much we hate ebay but it is the only way to reach cachers that do not use the forum. So, I have listed the first coin on there.

Geez hate ebay........ :) Seems you did fine with selling the Skullduggery Coins there....

Correct me if I'm Wrong but are you not the same person who came here last year under another account name trying to hipe up the Skullduggery Coin much the same way your doing now.... :)

Geez hate ebay........ :) Seems you did fine with selling the Skullduggery Coins there....

Correct me if I'm Wrong but are you not the same person who came here last year under another account name trying to hipe up the Skullduggery Coin much the same way your doing now.... :)

You are correct! I am the one who designed the Skullduggery Geocoin. Last year a huge arguement started and I was scorned for the manner in which I introduced the coins. I was told, by the community, that the proper way to do this was to just come out say it.

I didn't try to hide the fact that I sold the coins, nor that I owned a few, you are merely the first person to ask.

Noticed you are a local cacher, but don't have much free time fro caching. Any chance you might use a different name? Maybe you are signed up to come to the event next Saturday and can bring some of these to show.

Where is the event at? And no, I don't get any free time anymore. I have a old house that is my new home and a baby boy on the way. So everything has been moving very quickly.

Trigo Dinner

Next Sat. U should come. Would love to talk about some coins with you.

What kind of coins? And you never did say where it is at.

Uh Geocoins. There is actually a very active group of coiners in the area, not to mention the upcoming MEGA event.

You never said, do you use another name at all?

The link took/takes you directly to the cache page with all the info on it.

Trigo Dinner

Next Sat. U should come. Would love to talk about some coins with you.

What kind of coins? And you never did say where it is at.

Uh Geocoins. There is actually a very active group of coiners in the area, not to mention the upcoming MEGA event.

You never said, do you use another name at all?

The link took/takes you directly to the cache page with all the info on it.

No, I got into caching last year with a bunch of friends. We became the OTT Team. I'm hoping that this year I can get a little more finds under my belt, and maybe even a hide of my own. But it seems all the parks and all the public places are filled with them. There are even caches at the gun ranges.

I won't be able to make the the dinner, but I would like to hear more about the MEGA event. I send you a message.

Waiting... :D

When I checked out your listing on the "e" place, I realized right away that you were the creator of the Skullduggery Coin (another excellent design I might add) and I would definitely like to get one or two of these coins and maybe even one of those really gorgeous wooden display cases too. :D

... and there is absolutely nothing wrong with making your coins available to the bidders at the "e" place by the way, it's just that I would personally prefer to acquire my coins elsewhere, so I'm hoping that, like the previous Skull Compass Geocoin release, these beautiful coins will eventually be sold through Coins and Pins. :P

But in the meantime, if you will be doing any invoicing here on the forums, please add me to the list. :D

When I checked out your listing on the "e" place, I realized right away that you were the creator of the Skullduggery Coin <snip>

If this is the same person that did the Skullduggery coin, then it is another sock being used since that was milo parley(at least that was the real name behind the other socks). I remember all the issues with pretending to be other people and such. Please tell me you are not back at it again.

Waiting... :laughing:

Geez hate ebay........ :D Seems you did fine with selling the Skullduggery Coins there....

Correct me if I'm Wrong but are you not the same person who came here last year under another account name trying to hipe up the Skullduggery Coin much the same way your doing now.... :laughing:

You are correct! I am the one who designed the Skullduggery Geocoin. Last year a huge arguement started and I was scorned for the manner in which I introduced the coins. I was told, by the community, that the proper way to do this was to just come out say it.

I didn't try to hide the fact that I sold the coins, nor that I owned a few, you are merely the first person to ask.

Thanks for the honest answer..... If you were not trying to hide the fact why are you using another account name to sell this one ....... :laughing:

Hey... what the heck. OTT hasn't done anything deceptive at all. This is a fine coin and absolutely nothing has been done to justify all this resurection of a past pitch.

He changed his name to get a fresh start. Give him a chance.

I like the coin and I for one am looking forward to getting one or two! :D

Edited by tom4props

Hey... what the heck. OTT hasn't done anything deceptive at all. This is a fine coin and absolutely nothing has been done to justify all this resurection of a past pitch.

He changed his name to get a fresh start. Give him a chance.

I like the coin and I for one am looking forward to getting one or two! :D

Actually he said he never changed his name. So there in lies the question. Did he or didn't he since it all appears to be the one and only milo parley back at it again.

I seriously am not trying to hijack the thread, but we as consumers should be making informed choices as to who we are buying from. If someone is coming in here pretending to be someone they aren't, and have deceived us before, then don't we have the right to get some answers before spending our money? These forums should be helping us to protect ourselves and each other, but if we can't ask these questions when there are signs pointing to problems, then we are telling everyone that it is OK to come here and do what you want, and GC will keep anyone from asking for the truth. This doesn't seem to help the community at all.

This is all relevant to this particular coin since this is about the person selling this particular coin and their credibility. If you disagree please pm me and let me know if this should be a seperate thread and I will ask it there, but I honestly thought this thread was the best place.

Please take it offline - this thread is about the coin and it's sale.

If there are issues that we should be aware of, you can let us know without hijacking the thread.

I got a note from OTT and thought I might share a little of what he said.

• First off, he's considering abandoning his own thread (and the forum all together) because of all the recent negativity.
  • Secondly, he changed his name because of the relentless onslaught of negativity being directed toward his original name, even to this day.
  • And thirdly, the reason he has done so little caching (and more designing) is becasue he was hit by a car that ran a red light, he is losing all feeling in his left leg and he is in desperate need of surgery.

Perhaps, instead of accusations, what he could really use is our prayers, our support and the benefit of the doubt. There is nothing on this thread has merited any of this recent flurry of negative reaction.

Please take it offline - this thread is about the coin and it's sale.

If there are issues that we should be aware of, you can let us know without hijacking the thread.

I got a note from OTT and thought I might share a little of what he said.

• First off, he's considering abandoning his own thread (and the forum all together) because of all the recent negativity.
  • Secondly, he changed his name because of the relentless onslaught of negativity being directed toward his original name, even to this day.
  • And thirdly, the reason he has done so little caching (and more designing) is becasue he was hit by a car that ran a red light, he is losing all feeling in his left leg and he is in desperate need of surgery.

Perhaps, instead of accusations, what he could really use is our prayers, our support and the benefit of the doubt. There is nothing on this thread has merited any of this recent flurry of negative reaction.

On or off topic I'm not sure but regardless, I guess I must be seeing things differently. I'm not sure what 'negativity' or ‘accusations’ there has been towards OTT? There are some legitimate questions being asked but I don’t see them as negative at all and a simple response could go a long way in helping clear things up. Without OTT to give answers, people can only make assumptions. The silence is deafening….

It’s fair for people to be concerned about spending hard earned money on coins and know who you are dealing with. It’s also frustrating to feel ‘played with’ when I’m not sure there is/was any intention of making this coin available to the geocoin forum community – other than having to pay over-inflated ebay prices.

It is unfortunate that OTT has had a difficult time of things and you’re right, he could use our prayers…..but it’s irrelevant to the sale and purchase of this coin and does not mean we should ignore any concerns. Again, no negativity but some dialogue would be a good thing.

I'll agree that if there are legitimate concerns about about who a person is, and possible fraud (if that's even the case) then the community has a right to know.

As stated many times before, this IS a community and we should look out for each other, let's just make sure that we do it in a civil manner.

Please don't throw out accusations without proof. If you want to ask a question of the OP, please do it.

For exaggerated purposes, there is a difference between:

"Are you the same person that did the XX coin?" and

"Are you the same #%^$*%$ person that did the XX coin where you stole everybody money and ran off to live like a king in Rio?"

I'm not saying that we reached that point, but it was certainly headed that direction.

Let's deal in facts.

So, back on topic, I think a number of questions have been asked that the potential buyers would like to know about including if the coins will be available from anywhere except eBay.

Now would be a good time for the OP to answer some of those questions and keep this thread civil and on-topic.

Thank you.

Waiting... B)

Are you planning to sell them some place or just keep putting them up on ebay? Not that I care if you do, it's your coin, do with it as you please, I'll just not look at this thread again if there isn't going to be a sales posted in it.

You want to know if I'm going to be selling these anywhere else but ebay.

Right now I do not have an answer for you. This coin was produced by the entire OTT Team. I am but one person in the team. We are going to hash it out as a group and decide a price that is reasonable for sale. We don't want to under price them because of the production costs, and we don't want to over price them so high that we might scare off possible repeat buyers.

I know that on here people put together lists of potential buyers, but I don't know what you do from there. There in lies the problem. Do you guys pay by money orders?

You have nothing to worry about when it comes to where your money is going. I assure you I have sold a lot of coins, worked out trades, and have even deals that hurt my pocket all in the name of networking and making friends.

Does that surfice? I just need time.... Thank you.

...I know that on here people put together lists of potential buyers, but I don't know what you do from there. There in lies the problem. Do you guys pay by money orders?...

I just need time.... Thank you.

Generally we pay via PayPal or make trades. If you're already selling on eBay, then you are already set up with PayPal. B)

Normally the buyers would send you an email with the following info:

• Geo Nick Name
  • Real Name
  • PayPal Email Address (for sending out invoices)
  • Shipping Address
  • Quantity and Metal desired

Traders would basically send the same info (minus the PayPal address) with trade offers.

Then you would send out PayPal invoices (for the requested coins plus shipping costs) or acceptance/denial email replies for the trade offers.

Just let us all know when you and the group have set a price and are ready to sell or trade. B)

You want to know if I'm going to be selling these anywhere else but ebay.

Right now I do not have an answer for you. This coin was produced by the entire OTT Team. I am but one person in the team. We are going to hash it out as a group and decide a price that is reasonable for sale. We don't want to under price them because of the production costs, and we don't want to over price them so high that we might scare off possible repeat buyers.

This will be my last post on the subject as it's just too strange for me. I appreciate your coming back on here and answering some questions but for me it just made it more confusing. You're selling on ebay yet you aren't sure what you want to sell themfor? How about the cost divided by what was made and then add a few bucks if you like. That's still a pretty good profit - unless you are looking to ebay to set the going rate? I'm also assuming that you each got a number of coins to do as you wish - but then again you know what they say about those that assume.

I know that on here people put together lists of potential buyers, but I don't know what you do from there. There in lies the problem. Do you guys pay by money orders?

Paypal - just like the big boys on ebay. We're up on all the latest trends in here :o

You have nothing to worry about when it comes to where your money is going. I assure you I have sold a lot of coins, worked out trades, and have even deals that hurt my pocket all in the name of networking and making friends.

Does that surfice? I just need time.... Thank you.

You aren't sure how to sell these or how much to sell them for - yet you've sold a lot of coins in the past? I'm sorry but it all just strikes me as a bit strange - but that's just me so I think I'm probably best to not wait around.

Also, it is possible to sell on ebay for a set price, if you are selling on ebay to reach a larger market. I don't think you'd get any complaints if you did that over selling them at one of the other sites, or via the forums.

--Marky

We will due a set a price within the next two weeks. I also wanted to add that I uploaded a video to you tube to demonstrate how the coin can spin. It is easily found be searching for Roulette Geocoin on their site.

The coin on ebay was one of my five that I received. I will be selling those until the time the rest of my team gets back. After they do get back we will be selling 50 coins for roughly $15 a piece. Feel free to email me if you are interested.

We are only going to allow an order of 2 coins max per person. I was going to do 1 coin per person but I realize that some people like to send one out and collect the other. We will make this decision by seeing how many people are interested.

Also, the custom icon just got posted at Coin Codes if you want to see it.

Thank you.

If anyone is interested, we will be selling 50 Roulette geocoins. Thanks to a little direction, I now know how to send PayPal invoices via email.

We are selling the coins at $15.00 a piece with a shipping cost of $2.00. I understand the price is a tiny bit higher than normal, but once you see the coin up close you will know it was worth it.

If you are interested just send me a message.

Thanks

a69130b4-15a7-4c9d-93de-caf3b942816e.jpg

40a8e88c-08ea-42d8-a895-1b2f1ed3090f.jpg

Coin Contest

Ok, I would like to hold a coin contest, and the winner will be choosen by complete luck.

For anyone who plays Powerball out there in the world, you are going to like this.

There are 38 numbers on a roulette wheel. There is 1 thru 36, 0 and 00. So, what I was thinking is everyone pick one number and post it. The "0" will equal "37" and the "00" will equal "38".

On Wednesday the 16th at 11:00pm Pittsburgh time, the Powerball will take place, and if your number matches the Powerball then you are the winner of a free OTT Team Roulette Geocoin.

Now the rules are simple.

1. A number can only be picked by one person, and the first post to have that number stakes claim.

2. If by chance the leftover numbers are picked by the lottery (39,40,41,42) as the Powerball than

nobody wins, the board is wiped clean, and then we pick again.

3. Just so we are clear, we are watching the Powerball that is drawn in 29 states, and the one that matters is

the last ball, the red one. Just incase you have never played, or aren't old enough.