Clearing Inventory - Roulette geocoin

OTT Team

I wanted to introduce the OTT Team Roulette Geocoin. It will be release in a few weeks, and I wanted all of you on the forum to see it first.

The coin will feature a 3D front and back.

The back comes to a point which will allow you to actually spin the coin. It also will house the tracking numbers and the OTTT symbol.

The 3D front will be that of a real roulette table with a few changes.

9cb10292-e640-4555-9d65-4101fbfb4cdc.jpg

Is CoinsandPins making that coin for you?

Yes.

Sweet, thanks :unsure: Any idea of metals and quantities total?

The coin itself will be Zinc, with a gold finish. As for the quantities, we will have 250. But we are planning to keep a few for ourselves. Probably in all, we will release about 200. If things go good and we manage to make back the money invested in the production, than we will have more made if there is still a demand.

Very nice idea. Are you going to be selling these yourselves?

We will be selling these coins ourselves. Trading is an option later on, I'm always up for sharing. Our biggest fear, which anyone who has produced a coin would know, how do I make the money back that I put into the design.

I think that if the coin production didn't cost so much, after die-art, tracking numbers, custom this and that, we would have some amazing coins out there.

We will be selling these coins ourselves. Trading is an option later on, I'm always up for sharing. Our biggest fear, which anyone who has produced a coin would know, how do I make the money back that I put into the design.

I think that if the coin production didn't cost so much, after die-art, tracking numbers, custom this and that, we would have some amazing coins out there.

We had no worries about making any money back, we made ours as a trade only signature item :unsure:

Does it come with the marble? :unsure:

Looks cool.

I'm not sure what to use as a marble. I can't find one small enough, but as long as we are on the topic of accessories, I designed a display for the coin that is a roulette table. I’m currently working on a rig that will allow me to spin the coin in the holder. When I get it all done, I will make sure to share the pictures.

Does it come with the marble? :unsure:

Looks cool.

I'm not sure what to use as a marble. I can't find one small enough, but as long as we are on the topic of accessories, I designed a display for the coin that is a roulette table. I’m currently working on a rig that will allow me to spin the coin in the holder. When I get it all done, I will make sure to share the pictures.

Neat coin! :unsure: I would certainly like to trade for one.

how do I make the money back that I put into the design.

Normally, you don't. They are chalked up as an expense (albeit an expensive one!)

There is an option to make a coin non-trackable, that will save $2.00 on the price of a coin.

Neat coin! :laughing: I would certainly like to trade for one.

how do I make the money back that I put into the design.

Normally, you don't. They are chalked up as an expense (albeit an expensive one!)

There is an option to make a coin non-trackable, that will save $2.00 on the price of a coin.

We looked into the whole non-trackable concept, but that is what makes geocoins so attractive. I figured it was worth more, if there some kind of interaction.

We looked into the whole non-trackable concept, but that is what makes geocoins so attractive. I figured it was worth more, if there some kind of interaction.

For your geocoin, I think the design is what makes it attractive, not that it's trackable with an icon. True, there are those that love their icons but I'm in the old school thinking that trackable coins are for traveling. And since your coins are unique, I don't think anyone would send theirs out traveling. Great design though!

For your geocoin, I think the design is what makes it attractive, not that it's trackable with an icon. True, there are those that love their icons but I'm in the old school thinking that trackable coins are for traveling. And since your coins are unique, I don't think anyone would send theirs out traveling. Great design though!

That is true. I can honestly say that I bought an Anthus Laptop Geocoin, activated it, and never let go of it.

Very nice idea. Are you going to be selling these yourselves?

I think there ARE some amazing coins out there....a lot of amazing coins!! Welcome to the addiction!

This coins just makes me want to jump on plane to Vegas. I love playing roulette.

I love the game, but it never fails to show me just how much luck I don't have. I was actually up in WI awhile back and came across a digital roulette table.... Does that take the whole luck thing out of it when you have a computer picking numbers?

and the winner is ... :rolleyes:

I'll have to find a tiny ball to place on the wheel. :laughing:

Let me know if you find about 200 of them... lol

How about those little candy sprinkles you put on cupcakes? :unsure:

That way you won't be upset if you lose it either... you can buy a million for a few bucks!

Here is the custom handmade display I have been working on for the coins. Now this one alone took about 2 days to produce and at that rate I do not have the time I put into this first one. But let me know what you think. The coin should be able to spin in the display, and the contrast on the wood will allow the focus to be mainly on the coin.

48091e76-58ba-4dcf-a4c6-f383b1a91300.jpg

Edited by OTT Team

Beautiful!!!- How did you carve out the Numbers or are they Stamped. Either way that's some mighty fine Woodworkin'

The numbers and lettering is actually laser etched, that was the only way I could get the detail I wanted. The inner part of the table is a Cherry stain, and the outter rim is a Natural Stain.

I will be making six of these tables in all, but they will be two tone rectangles instead of ovals. I plan on keeping at least 3 of them and the other 3 might make it to some contest or charity. It will all be determined when I get the coin.