human travel bugs

KD7MXI

Once, in a discussion within the Nebraskache group, we were discussing this and I joked about tattooing. I had someone dare me to tattoo my forehead. I went for a less permanent option and attended a big event in Nebraska with a Travel Bug attached to my cheek. Simple Halloween make-up did the trick.

I'm finally releasing it for good on Saturday with an actual goal.

You can see a picture on it's page:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1744143

I don't know if this counts, exactly, as I don't have the TB tracking number tatooed or anything, but I do have my travel bug Jackalgirl, which I call "the trackable ka of Jackalgirl" and which I log in and out of the caches I visit with a little diary entry of my personal impressions.

It's actually attached to my camera bag, which I take caching with me, and is on the same split ring as one of my pathtags, so it jingles.

I don't know any human travel bugs (at least not any that are trackable at Geocaching.com) but I think it's a fun idea. I want to get my son a travel bug shirt (like this one http://worldcaching.com/catalog/product_in...products_id=332 ) but I can't find them in his size. Does anyone know where I could get a boys size 6 travel bug shirt?

If you've got a laser- or ink-jet printer, I'd buy some iron-on transfer paper that's good for the type of printer. Then, buy a travel bug so that you have a tracking number.

Take a photo of it, or generate a graphic of it in your favorite graphic software. Print it out and iron it onto a t-shirt of the appropriate size.

It's even easier to do than it sounds. Just pay attention to the transfer paper that you've got and follow the instructions (some types require you to reverse the image, which is easy to do in most graphic software packages).

I don't know any human travel bugs (at least not any that are trackable at Geocaching.com) but I think it's a fun idea. I want to get my son a travel bug shirt (like this one http://worldcaching.com/catalog/product_in...products_id=332 ) but I can't find them in his size. Does anyone know where I could get a boys size 6 travel bug shirt?

If you've got a laser- or ink-jet printer, I'd buy some iron-on transfer paper that's good for the type of printer. Then, buy a travel bug so that you have a tracking number.

Take a photo of it, or generate a graphic of it in your favorite graphic software. Print it out and iron it onto a t-shirt of the appropriate size.

It's even easier to do than it sounds. Just pay attention to the transfer paper that you've got and follow the instructions (some types require you to reverse the image, which is easy to do in most graphic software packages).

Thanks for the advice. We finally found a travel bug shirt in his size. We're going to release him on his birthday, but don't tell, it's a surprise. You can find him here: Joe the Travel Bug

I and many other Oregon geocachers have "discovered" Odder. For nearly a year she carried her TB on a chain around her neck and logged it into and out of every cache she found. Over a year ago she had the image of an otter and her TB# tattooed on the outer side of her upper thigh.

The only other living TB I have "discovered" was a cat I saw at this years Champoeg event.