Reverting Back to being solely Volunteer Reviewer

Deceangi

Looks like today is another bad day in the history of UK geocaching. We have managed to drive off two very professional and easy to get on with Moderators who i guess will be backfilled by the global mods until replacements are found to mod here.

Well I hope everyone enjoys the bed they have made for themselves.

Thanks for everything you've done on here throughout the ages (I bet it does feel like ages). Your replacement has got huge boots to fill.

Ian

As I've alluded to elsewhere, the vocal minority in these forums are painting themselves into a corner. Iur reviewers shouldn't have to put up wuith the abuse they have been subjected to in recent months.

If we can't be civilised, we don't deserve a separate UK forum. Where will they be when they get absorbed into the main US forum?

Take care Deceangi, please continue to be a nice and sensible UK Reviewer.

:anibad::blink::blink::blink:

I can hardly blame you or Mandarin for throwing in the towel, given all the messenger shooting that's been going on recently! I'm glad that you are not resigning from you reviewer role. I think you must have a very thick skin to put up with the Cyprinidae flying around.

All I can say is THANKYOU.

reviewers shouldn't have to put up wuith the abuse they have been subjected to in recent months.

Seconded,

Deci, many thanks for all your hard work in these forums. I'm sure life as a volunteer reviewer (minus the forum role) will be considerably less stressful if not more rewarding.

Don't let the bar stewards get you down :D

Thirded. Hope nobody "gobby" turns up on this thread.

I'm sorry that you've had to make this decision.

Dave,

Thank you very much for serving as a Forum Mod and for stepping forward often even when you had stated your preference to be an in-the-background Mod. Very large heaps and heaps of thanks for continuing to serve this community as quite a fine Reviewer.

It is sad yet understandable that the experience was significantly less than enjoyable for you.

- Jenn

Thank you everyone for the words of thanks and support, they are very much appreciated.

I'd like to also thank Miss Jenn for her post, I have always found her to be a very genuine person. And enjoy working with her.

I'd just like to confirm what Miss Jenn has said, my aim was always to remain as a a background Moderator,as it is something I personally find Moding to be extremely difficult to do.With the resignation of Lucilia, I would have had to move into the main Moderator role again, not a role I relished taking on again. As I had discused Lucilla's resignation with her during the evening, I came to the realisation that I was not prepared to take on the full responsibility of being the main Moderator again. Which left me with one choice, requesting that I be removed completely from Moderating in this forum.

I did apologise to Miss Jenn for my timing, stating that I hoped she did not feel I was ganging up on her. She very gracefully accepted this statement.

I am very happy to remain as a Volunteer Reviewer and continue working with the UK Community, my colleagues and Groundspeak Staff.

Dave-Deceangi

Thank you everyone for the words of thanks and support, they are very much appreciated.

I'd like to also thank Miss Jenn for her post, I have always found her to be a very genuine person. And enjoy working with her.

I'd just like to confirm what Miss Jenn has said, my aim was always to remain as a a background Moderator,as it is something I personally find Moding to be extremely difficult to do.With the resignation of Lucilia, I would have had to move into the main Moderator role again, not a role I relished taking on again. As I had discused Lucilla's resignation with her during the evening, I came to the realisation that I was not prepared to take on the full responsibility of being the main Moderator again. Which left me with one choice, requesting that I be removed completely from Moderating in this forum.

I did apologise to Miss Jenn for my timing, stating that I hoped she did not feel I was ganging up on her. She very gracefully accepted this statement.

I am very happy to remain as a Volunteer Reviewer and continue working with the UK Community, my colleagues and Groundspeak Staff.

Dave-Deceangi

That's an excellent post: thanks for clarifying the matter so well. :D

I have got to hold my hand up to that I have in the past been a thorn in Dave's side, but that was the past and has certainly not been in the past 7 or 8 months. For what I have said in the past, I did at the time feel to be a true opinion and for that I would like to give my sincere apologies to Dave.

Since meeting Dave several times in Harrogate and the behind the scenes advice that he is currently giving myself and other Scottish cachers, I have came to realise that he is not only a very decent bloke but also a great asset to our community. I am sorry that you have came to this decision, but I understand it fully and yourself and other reviewers have got my full support for the future.

You all do a good job in a thankless task.