Midwest Geobash 2009 - July 23-26 - Wauseon, Ohio

trippy1976

:P 16 days! we are really excited.This will be our first Mega Event.

Does anyone have a list of things that we should bring? Being the first time I want to make sure we have everything plus if there are any items for good general 'geo-ediquette' to have maybe?

Thanks!!

mrs j

:) 16 days! we are really excited.This will be our first Mega Event.

Does anyone have a list of things that we should bring? Being the first time I want to make sure we have everything plus if there are any items for good general 'geo-ediquette' to have maybe?

Thanks!!

mrs j

Are you camping? If so, just your basic camping equipment should do. A lawn chair for setting around the fires would be a good thing to bring even if you are not camping. If you forget anything, there is a Wally-World just down the road from the fairgrounds. Don't forget your GPS if you plan on doing some caching. You can wing about anything else.

Chris-Team Shydog

The two that we attended had a table for sig items. Just leave a pile and pick up one of everyone else's. I made up one batch for the table and one specially marked batch for face to face trades. They were just laminated business cards with a pic of one of the horses and our caching names.

Oh, you should bring lots of pathtags to give to me! :-)

I need help! I was lucky enough to get one of the geocoins at the silent auction today, but when I went to try to retrive the activation code I wasn't able to. HELP!!!! It is the "Tribute to the Unknown Soldier" coin, and it is shaped like a pair of dogtags. I would really like to be able to activate this coin and send it on a mission, but without the code I can't. If anyone can help me find out how to get this coin actvated I'd appreciate it.

Thank You!

BunniK

I need help! I was lucky enough to get one of the geocoins at the silent auction today, but when I went to try to retrive the activation code I wasn't able to. HELP!!!! It is the "Tribute to the Unknown Soldier" coin, and it is shaped like a pair of dogtags. I would really like to be able to activate this coin and send it on a mission, but without the code I can't. If anyone can help me find out how to get this coin actvated I'd appreciate it.

Thank You!

BunniK

Try this link out Oakcoins.

Thank You!

BunniK

Sucess!!!! Thank you so much!!

We had some fun at the Bash this year .. but things seemed to have gone backwards in that to much was not clear if you wished to participate in things... people that wanted to Treasure hunt could not as these "tickets " were sold out in less then an hour. There was no formal Registration ( something that repeat offenders have grown accustom to . No sig item trade table anywhere ... Things far to spread apart and the lack of food vendors .. bring back the soft serve special Maple Ice cream man , we can get goodhumor anywhere ! Where did the wi fi go ? What are the numbers for the attendance is there anyway to tell ? The past years seems better organized . I know you all work hard to put this thing together .. but things have been said about this years bash .

We had some fun at the Bash this year .. but things seemed to have gone backwards in that to much was not clear if you wished to participate in things... people that wanted to Treasure hunt could not as these "tickets " were sold out in less then an hour. There was no formal Registration ( something that repeat offenders have grown accustom to . No sig item trade table anywhere ... Things far to spread apart and the lack of food vendors .. bring back the soft serve special Maple Ice cream man , we can get goodhumor anywhere ! Where did the wi fi go ? What are the numbers for the attendance is there anyway to tell ? The past years seems better organized . I know you all work hard to put this thing together .. but things have been said about this years bash .

We missed you two on the volunteer list.

TMA

Thank You!

BunniK

Sucess!!!! Thank you so much!!

You are very welcome. I have 3 of them so I better know where I got them from.

TMA

We were there Pete. Friday night at Welcome Wagon, Saturday at Will Call. Can't seem to pass up a chance to help out. LOL

Wulf

TMA

We were there Pete. Friday night at Welcome Wagon, Saturday at Will Call. Can't seem to pass up a chance to help out. LOL

Wulf

Thanks for helping us at the Will Call :)

I had a good time, but there was room for improvement. It was a nice facility, but things were too spread out. I would have liked a central point for hanging out, checking a schedule, trading sigs, whatever. Long walk between different events.

Was there food? I saw a vendor there for the rabbit show or whatever that was, but didn't notice anything for us. I did like the Good Humor bicycle. Since moving to the sticks as a kid, I haven't seen an ice cream truck in years. Um...many years.

The volunteers were friendly and helpful, but a central check in point would have been nice. The junior fair building was really nice, but Spangler would have been fine for just about everything except the treasure hunt.

All the little side games were fun, the egg coins, the rubber chickens, etc. I wish it had been on the schedule when the campsite decorating was going to be judged. Our site took some damage after saturday am's storm and we didn't put it back up, thinking it had already taken place.

Of course, Area 51 was great! OhioArmadillo and I went Friday night and had a good time. Most everyone seemed to be having fun without being too obnoxious.

All in all, though, the Bash was great and I'll definitely be back next year, wherever it is. Have we heard?