what "last five" means

paleolith

I just noticed that the "last five" logs returned with a PQ are the last five posted, not the five with the most recent dates.

Is this intentional?

The difference shows up when people split accounts and go back and log old finds under the new account. An example as of today is GC12V84. (Of course, once five more logs are posted, the effect will no longer be seen.) If several people did this all at once, a PQ could possbibly contain only old logs and be missing recent logs entirely.

Edward

I just noticed that the "last five" logs returned with a PQ are the last five posted, not the five with the most recent dates.

Is this intentional?

The difference shows up when people split accounts and go back and log old finds under the new account. An example as of today is GC12V84. (Of course, once five more logs are posted, the effect will no longer be seen.) If several people did this all at once, a PQ could possbibly contain only old logs and be missing recent logs entirely.

Edward

Not sure what logs your talking about. Could you give more information. I'm guessing they might be displayed in log id order, not date order.

Jim

Of course it's the last five entered into the database.

I've got, in my last 30 days, a cache I found 3 months ago but did't log until a few weeks ago. Oversite on my part. But it's entry is probably among the most recent even though there hae been dozens or more more recent visitors.

He is referring to the 5 logs you get when you run a PQ. For each cache you get presumably the last 5 logs, which in most cases would be chronologically by date of log.

However, if for some reason, someone enters a log today with a date of 2002, for example, it will be one of the 5. That is to say, the system appears to be using date/time entered not date chosen for the log.