Oregon 300 with topo + City NT 2009

I'll add that with both loaded you can only see one at a time although it is very easy to switch back and forth. You just need to change the settings under Setup>Map>Map Information/Select Map to enable and disable the maps you want to see or, better yet, setup profiles to do the switching for you.

GO$Rs

Can i put or combine Topo Canada V2 with the City navigator North America NT2009 in my oregon 300 or i have to use one at a time?

Well u just see one map but u are working with both maps. When u activate CN2009 and Topo at once u can also route on the topo map. To change maps easily just make profiles where ur desired maps are activated.

The only disadvantage I discovered was, that when u load more than 2 map sets the unit will become slow. It reacts quite sluggy. I loaded CN Europe 2009 and Topo Germany on the SD Card and Garmin World Map in the internal memory. It doesn't matter if u deactivate the third map in the menu, as long as it is in the units internal memory the Oregon goes very slowly (profil change takes about 10 seconds). Just when u rename or delete the third map everything is back to normal.

But its still very impressive how the Oregon handles 3,4 GB! Never seen such a fast Garmin unit before....and I had a lot of these gadgets :-)

...and if u want to see in which profile u are, just tune ur background like the German users did on this web page http://www.naviboard.de/vb/showthread.php?t=32233 make ur own background with the specific profile name written with microsoft paint....

Edited by catchcop