Show us your display of items you cherish!

DJ.J.ROCK

Today, I have seen many discussions about design of coins.

We have 8 coins we currently own, and have a shadow box for them,and attach velcrow to the sleave to put it in the box for display on the wall.

We also have a seperate shadow box with sig items and wooden coins and that sort of thing for display on the wall.

So I would like to open a discusion, about how much pride you take in this hobby?

How do you display your finds?

Please feel free to display any photos you may have of your collection. do you collect sig items?

If so do you value them as much as your coins?

fell free to elaborate further just an idea off the top of my head,,I will post a pic soon of our boxes!

Today, I have seen many discussions about design of coins.

We have 8 coins we currently own, and have a shadow box for them,and attach velcrow to the sleave to put it in the box for display on the wall.

We also have a seperate shadow box with sig items and wooden coins and that sort of thing for display on the wall.

So I would like to open a discusion, about how much pride you take in this hobby?

How do you display your finds?

Please feel free to display any photos you may have of your collection. do you collect sig items?

If so do you value them as much as your coins?

fell free to elaborate further just an idea off the top of my head,,I will post a pic soon of our boxes!

Darned midwesterners and their shadowboxes...Mine are in a binder, and a plastic box right now.

Unable to post picture, cant figure out how to cut and paste with this application. any suggestions? I have two nice pictures!

upload the pics to a log on a cache,or to your avatar on your geocaching profile,,then ,,,click on the pic so thats all you see ,,use that url at the top to paste here, clicking on the lil tree will bring up the place for the url..on this site

825cd1b5-1067-443e-b75f-a4b7ef08d8cb.jpg

here are a few of my favorites

what a neat creative way to display the tikis! shows them off like the mini works of art they are.

rsg

Thanks for the kind words! I thought they would look cool in a tribal dance arrangement from the perspective of looking through a window in a bamboo hut into the jungle. I have the tiki stackers framed also, but cant get it to load properly.

000_3513-1-1.jpg

Some displayed, some in albums :anibad:

WOW THATS SOME COLLECTION!! (ooops caps)

Are those all full,,and how many coins per book? how many coins do you have in your collection?

I bet you have some awsome coins!! :blink:

I'm not sure anymore how many coins we have :blink: A few hundred... My favorites are our complete collection of DHobby1's coins.

some of the albums came from the cachingplace and some from https://tradewindssupplies.storesecured.com/

Compared to some here I only have a small collection but here they are . (6 are missing - 3 travelling and 3 given as a gift)

06112008074.jpg

1 Avroair coin

2 Edinburgh coins

4 Northern Ireland coins

3 Garmin coins

1 untrackable token received as part of a purchase.

GOOD SMALL COLLECTION,SEEMS YOU LIKE SERIES COINS!!!

Compared to some here I only have a small collection but here they are . (6 are missing - 3 travelling and 3 given as a gift)

06112008074.jpg

1 Avroair coin

2 Edinburgh coins

4 Northern Ireland coins

3 Garmin coins

1 untrackable token received as part of a purchase.

GOOD SMALL COLLECTION,SEEMS YOU LIKE SERIES COINS!!!

Glad you like it. :D

I like coins that mean something to me .

The N.Ireland coins as I live here .

Edinburgh coins as I used to work there and really liked the place

The garmin coins because I have visited some of the sites and they are great places.

The Avroair coin because I always have had an intrest in military planes especially WW2 bombers .There is also a story behind the coin which I thought made the coin a little more special.

The token was a free gift sent with the purchace of 3 coins that I had been looking for to give to my father as a gift and as such will never be given away as it reminds me of that persons thoughtfullness and help while I was sorting the deal out.

I was also greatly suprised when Tennesse Jed adopted 3 of his coins to me - as a newbie here I thought I would never have a look in when he started to split up his collection and could not beleive that I would get 1 never mind 3. Thanks again TJ. They are to start travelling shortly and I'll be very excited to see where they go / end up .

I only have a limited budget for coins so my collection won't explode overnight - it will grow slowly but will be full of coins that are special to me

I think i found the shadow box at a Micheal's { Big box hobby and craft store } Was a pin cushion type box Probably for dried flower arrangements or some thing. Wanted something that would sit on my desk so i could see some of my special coins. Tried using just the pins to hold the coins that didn't work. So i bought 1/8 of a inch ridged foam glued thin colored foam to it cut foam to coins, wha la

P1010001copy-1.jpg

Glad you like it. :D

I like coins that mean something to me .

The N.Ireland coins as I live here .

Edinburgh coins as I used to work there and really liked the place

The garmin coins because I have visited some of the sites and they are great places.

The Avroair coin because I always have had an intrest in military planes especially WW2 bombers .There is also a story behind the coin which I thought made the coin a little more special.

The token was a free gift sent with the purchace of 3 coins that I had been looking for to give to my father as a gift and as such will never be given away as it reminds me of that persons thoughtfullness and help while I was sorting the deal out.

I was also greatly suprised when Tennesse Jed adopted 3 of his coins to me - as a newbie here I thought I would never have a look in when he started to split up his collection and could not beleive that I would get 1 never mind 3. Thanks again TJ. They are to start travelling shortly and I'll be very excited to see where they go / end up .

I only have a limited budget for coins so my collection won't explode overnight - it will grow slowly but will be full of coins that are special to me

Thats awsome!!! Same with us,,we have a very small budget for coins almost none(except for missions),

our coins mean something to us too!! and will grow over time!

The Difinative Series coins are really nice coins that explain "What" geocaching is! I know no one else here that does this hobby,,so instead of answering the question all the time ,,its right there,,nice set of coins!!

Caching with kids,is all about the time i spend with my lil one caching,,she loves the walks,and the toys!! shes only 1 so its a gr8 thing to do with her,sometimes we get sidetracked with the playground.

The family suncacher , is pretty much the same thing but for my wife as well,,she can only come sometimes and I cherish every time she does!!

The santa coin is for remerbrance of our santa mission were doing, 1st mission

The multi event coin we won from ladiebee4t's cointest and has been the 1st and only keepable win thus far! thx lb4t!!!

The puzzle coin is the first coin to come out when we started to collect coins, and will alway cherish that starting point!

we have also been adopted 3 coins for Todies wild ride for travel and never got to see these before they went out,,but they are traveling now!!! thx Rod,geopigs,max b,for getting these out and ready !!!

I think i found the shadow box at a Micheal's { Big box hobby and craft store } Was a pin cushion type box Probably for dried flower arrangements or some thing. Wanted something that would sit on my desk so i could see some of my special coins. Tried using just the pins to hold the coins that didn't work. So i bought 1/8 of a inch ridged foam glued thin colored foam to it cut foam to coins, wha la

P1010001copy-1.jpg

I like that too!!! I cant wait for our box to fill up , it will look alot better full!!

do your coins have a special meaning to you for each coin?

It is actually glow in the dark foam and the frame is a stand up desk shadow box.. Put foam in it and then cut to the coin shape. P1010006-1-1.jpg

Flipped it finally.

this is awesome! does the box close up? where did you find such a cool box?!

rsg

Isn't the very top right , Chrisgun? what is the one with the dude in RED on the bicycle, going down the hill? I like it B)

I also like the juggling? dude :D

Edited by fairyhoney

Is your desk an ironing board by chance???

OT, I really like your display case...was it hard to cut the foam for the shaped coins?No The wife will not let me use it as a desk it would be to messy. coins fairly easy to cut out trace with pen Use sharp knife. Dont cut anything important.

Coins are Twisted dragon , LFD geobone,Secret Agent V2 , Chrisgun

Delugly [ Rare] , GCF V2 , Indy diver V2, Goblindust V2

Dancingfool Moun10Bike V3, Chevy57, My Pathtag

[Dancingfool and chevy 57 have the moun10bike before me]

My 2006. Carion Crow, Danoshimano, Rot13 club coin

crow and dano Local buddies

My 2007, Shop 99er Blue, Fourdragon Big dipper{ I designed}

Very Nice ways to display your coins. We have a nice collection and anyone that has seen them will tell you. We take them to every event we attend. We are proud to show off our collection. We have them all in zip up binders with foam, so they dont fall out.

Have any photos to share?

Somthing I havent seen anyonetouch on is the homemade sig items, are they worth as much as your coins to you?

Opps. Forgot to add.

Does anyone have a display option that shows BOTH sides of the coin? Many of my coins don't really have a FRONT/BACK, but rather a COOL/COOL side! (some are also LEFT/RIGHT and RIGHT/WRONG)

mabie a floating picture frame-but how would you secure the coins in place so they would not move in the frame,, the reason I say floating is because usually they are made from a plastic instead of glass? this would be a good project for someone- to make a display that could show both coins,, mabie on a spindle or somethin :D

I also have a bigger display case

P10100232.jpg

Very nice coins!!! is that a crake suncacher next to your tiki?<< looks good in there!! I also like you set of coins on the top row,and the compass rose next to your redwings coin<<wait!!! a red wing coin???,very nice display.

I think Its great you all show your coins with such nice cases!! The ideas in here are super!!! Im just wowed at all the coins that are cared for and not just throwen in a drawer and actually get some light of the day and a smile every now and then!!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Here is how we display some of our coins. We also have them in 3-ring binders that we swap in to the case every now and then.

Geocoin.JPG

Case1.JPG

Case2.JPG

WOW thats a gr8 collection and display!!!! is the smaller one path tags?

LOVE THE WALL PAPER TOO!! :laughing:

OR THE RAGGING FOUX....?

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK