MISSION/COINTEST

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

As a fellow biker (74 CB350F, 79 CB650, and 84 CM450), I absolutely love your coin and old Hondas.

I am volunteering for the NorthEast, Ohio. When I release a coin I create a double sided tag with the tracking number in large print (for old eyes), it's mission, and my email address in case the finder has any questions on how to log it. I laminate the tag and attach it to the coin and dip the split rings in gorilla glue to make it harder to take the coin off the split ring. I'll attach a photo tonight when I get home.

If you don't select me, I definitely want to trade for this coin. Thanks for the cointest!

Edited by RifleMan81

Those are great! I love that they have a chain to attach a mission to them :P Now that I've seen them I would definitely laminate a mission tag and attach it to the coin. Also maybe suggest people write down saftety tips and attach those as well? Just a thought....

Or your favorite biker poem, or a picture of a lost loved one or....

The choices are endless. You could also ask that anyone finding/moving the coins to attach more of the same!

Wow! I like them! When I'll release one of these (If I'm not one of the chosen,I'll buy some if I don't miss out the sale...), I'll take pictures of that coin with the Moto Guzzi of my muggle. That's yellow, too :P

Missing the sale should not be a problem on this Coin. I'm placing the order with the same Coin Philosophy as Chris Rake who has helped me create them. The intent of these Coins is to get released and to travel(otherwise they will not work). The regular edition pictured will be produced in enough quantity to go around.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Wow! I like them! When I'll release one of these (If I'm not one of the chosen,I'll buy some if I don't miss out the sale...), I'll take pictures of that coin with the Moto Guzzi of my muggle. That's yellow, too :P

Missing the sale should not be a problem on this Coin. I'm placing the order with the same Coin Philosophy as Chris Rake who has helped me create them. The intent of these Coins is to get released and to travel(otherwise they will not work). The regular edition pictured will be produced in enough quantity to go around.

+1. If I don't get the opportunity to release some for you, I'll dig through the couch cushions to buy a few.

As a fellow biker (74 CB350F, 79 CB650, and 84 CM450), I absolutely love your coin and old Hondas.

I am volunteering for the NorthEast, Ohio. When I release a coin I create a double sided tag with the tracking number in large print (for old eyes), it's mission, and my email address in case the finder has any questions on how to log it. I laminate the tag and attach it to the coin and dip the split rings in gorilla glue to make it harder to take the coin off the split ring. I'll attach a photo tonight when I get home.

If you don't select me, I definitely want to trade for this coin. Thanks for the cointest!

9d9f2f8b-eb1a-420a-b34a-a6054b44e0ec.jpg

The regular edition of the coins have been ordered. it should be 3-4 weeks before I need to choose the Mission Participants. I'm going to aim to get these ready to release by the start of the new year.

You may consider choosing the senders/winners a week before you get them ,that way if someone like myself is chosen we would have time to create something unique for each coin.Depending on the way chosen, this could be time consuming. Lets take the friendship bracelet idea we had talked about; one would need to make the bracelet,decide what cards to attach and make them,possibly goto kinkos to have them laminated if you did not have one, set up the goals page(if allowed)write html for graffix on that page :) shine the coins :P take pics of them, and adopt or realease them to "perfect caches"or cachers.

just a thought,,the more time for prep..the better the chances of a super presentation of the coin for the wild= a bigger impact-= more saving lifes!!!!

Seeing I am most likely not be able to buy any I'd be willing to distribute them in the Midwest. I'll even distribute them on my bike.

Please consider me for helping out in our area-middle Tennessee-not sure which zone you call this. I'll be glad to set out your most gorgeous coin.

I might consider you for another task...Maybe to seed a bunch into Caches just before GW VII?? Are you in the area that people will be visiting for that?

OK, That seems to be it for the entries. I'll be choosing from those listed above, and may have some other special requests from some of you. I'll be having the coins shipped directly to you, so you will probably have them even before I get mine! If I contact you as a Chosen Mission Participant, please reply promtly with a shipping address, which I will send along to Chris, so that the coins can be shipped out as soon as they arrive from the factory.

I've opened the new thread in the general forums, it's called GeoBiking: A Place To Share Your Bike/Caching Adventures!!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=0#entry3718427

Come on over and join the discussions!! OK...come on over and START the discussions lol!!

Not trying to spam this topic, just wanted to share my excitement!! Now, back to your previously scheduled programming!

The following names were chosen by a drawing from those not listed as Participants. 1 coin will go to each of you, and you don't even have to do anything, except make sure I have your address. It will take longer to ship these Coins than the Mission Coins. The Mission Coins will come straight from the vendor, but the Cointest coins (these five) will come to me first, then I will send them to you.

I would be happy to do this and I would laminate a tag with the mission and attach it to the holder :D

Oh, and I am in the NorthWest :)

I'd like to hop on board and represent Canada or one of the random slots..

I am volunteering for the NorthEast, Ohio. !

I'd be willing to distribute them in the Midwest. I'll even distribute them on my bike.

Please consider me for helping out in our area-middle Tennessee-not sure which zone you call this. I'll be glad to set out your most gorgeous coin.

OK, so to wrap it up nicely...

Here's the list of Mission Participants:

JohnMac56 = Southwest US

fairyhoney = Northwest US

SgtMikal = Northeast US

RebelJedi = Southeast US

sdkonkle = Canada

Just a Trifle = Outside North America

Solan109 = Random

Chur = Random

DJ.J.ROCK = EXTRA Mission Participant, Central US

For those listed above in the Mission:

The Coins will be shipped directly to you from the vendor, you will probably have them in hand even before I have mine! You will need to Activate 5 of the 6 Coins according to the "Todie's Wild Ride" guidelines. Then you will need to post to that forum thread, and let Rockin' Roddy know that your Coins are ready to be adopted. He will have a method (Cointest MiniGames) to choose who gets to adopt the Coin. When he let's you know the winner, you will need to adopt the coin over to them, and then prepare it for travel, and set it loose into a Cache. The 6th Coin is for you to use as you see fit (you're welcome to keep it, release it, or whatever...it's yours).

The Guidelines can be found here:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=201853

Thank you very much for joining in on this effort. My goal is to relieve some of the burden on those who have already worked so hard in this effort, in activating, adopting, and releasing so many Coins. Another goal of mine was to widen the area where these coins travel, I think a lot were released into a small area.

I know that some of you mentioned the CoinBuddy Tags to attach to Coins. I don't expect you to spend a lot of money preparing these Coins, and I will not dictate the method for preparing them, do this in what way you see as best. You can look back through this thread for some good ideas.

And Then...

Here's the list of Cointest Winners:

burgessfour

kayn_os

RifleMan81

zoesbrother

AbbysGrammy

You will each receive ONE Coin that is yours to keep, or whatever you like.

Thank you all for signing up, I may still contact a few of you in the future to help release some Coins that will remain owned by me..

For anyone listed above that has not sent me an address, please do so.

Thank you all for your help,

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Almost forgot to add...

Roddy,

Seven Coins will be shipped to YOU. Two of these are for you to keep, or use as you see fit, and 5 are to add to your pot of prizes. I'm hoping that at least a couple of these will be given away UnActivated in the end. Some of them can be used as adoptable prizes if you like. WSR

If you are on the MISSION list, and have not sent me an address, please send it by Sunday so that I can have the Coins shipped by the vendor as soon as they arrive. Once the Coins arrive, please have them activated and ready for adoption by Christmas. After you post in the "Todie's Wild Ride", then Roddy can find new owners for the Coins. Thank You for the help. I'm hoping the adoptions can start for the new year.