Paperless w/Palm Centro-PalmPilot-Nuvii200W?

georooks

So I have spent my spare time today familiarizing myself with GSAK. I have not even hooked my unit up to it but got all my finds loaded and populated my FTF's and played with the interface. VERY COOL TOOL!!!!

My goal is to make it to paperless caching hopefully sooner than later. I currently own the NUVI 200W and am considering 1st a Palm Pilot and the Palm Centro 2nd if they will be any easier to set up than the NUVI??

Would it be any easier to set up either of the three for Paperless Caching??

My thoughts are that the NUVI might be more versatile as it would have the advantage of using it for the drive ups then use my ETREX. I take it you can use it for navigation and paperless caching at the same time??

Palm Centro, hoping to wait until my current contract expires in December as I want to switch providers.

Palm Pilot, cheap enough that I would gladly purchase one if it is any easier to set up that the NUVI.

NUVI, currently own, would like to set it up if it doesnt take a computer nerd to set on up. Wish I was a computer nerd!!! :)

Many thanks!,

Rooks

So I have spent my spare time today familiarizing myself with GSAK. I have not even hooked my unit up to it but got all my finds loaded and populated my FTF's and played with the interface. VERY COOL TOOL!!!!

My goal is to make it to paperless caching hopefully sooner than later. I currently own the NUVI 200W and am considering 1st a Palm Pilot and the Palm Centro 2nd if they will be any easier to set up than the NUVI??

Would it be any easier to set up either of the three for Paperless Caching??

My thoughts are that the NUVI might be more versatile as it would have the advantage of using it for the drive ups then use my ETREX. I take it you can use it for navigation and paperless caching at the same time??

Palm Centro, hoping to wait until my current contract expires in December as I want to switch providers.

Palm Pilot, cheap enough that I would gladly purchase one if it is any easier to set up that the NUVI.

NUVI, currently own, would like to set it up if it doesnt take a computer nerd to set on up. Wish I was a computer nerd!!! :)

Many thanks!,

Rooks

Just thought of somehting, battery life may come into play if I am out riding??

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=193374

This topic has all you need to go paperless with a Nuvi. The 200 should work for you.

You can't take, or at least shouldn't take, the Nuvi out in the woods with you since it is not waterproof. You would have to look up any info you needed prior to leaving the car.

The Centro would be a great choice since if you are going to have a phone on you, why not have one that also has the cache info? You would need to get Cachemate http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/ to use the Centro or even a PalmPilot.

Actually, Spinner/Plucker is just as good, if not a better choice than Cachemate. After all, if you're getting a device with a hi-res color screen, like the Centro, you might as well make use of it. Plucker will present the cache page pretty much as you see in on your browser, instead of chopped up into tabs and panels that you have to click to get to. Plus it includes any in-line images from the cache page, text styles, etc. Cachemate is text-only.

Here's Cachemate (from the FL Caching Assoc. site):

20081103140237et0.png

Here's some sample views of Plucker on a Centro:

p0vo1.pngp1lp1.png

p2hp8.pngp3zy6.png

p4jg1.pngp5qq5.png