New to Geocaching!

Adela_J

I've read all of the forums here about which unit to get, however most of them seem complex and for users who are heavily into Geocaching. For a beginner unit, and one that I'm not going to be taking into mountains or deep deep areas, which one is good for me? I've been thinking baout the Garmin eTrex Legend (The blue one)

Any suggestions???

THanks so much in advance!

I've read all of the forums here about which unit to get, however most of them seem complex and for users who are heavily into Geocaching. For a beginner unit, and one that I'm not going to be taking into mountains or deep deep areas, which one is good for me? I've been thinking baout the Garmin eTrex Legend (The blue one)

Any suggestions???

THanks so much in advance!

I looked into that one, but noticed the data cable to connect to a PC was a serial port, which my laptop didn't have. I went for the Garmin Legend CX which has a USB data cable, not to mention a color screen which is nice. I also didn't want something 'too fancy' and figured I could trade up later if I wanted more features. I really love this little unit, it's doing everything I need it to for a reasonable price. There's a more powerful model, Legend HCX but I didn't opt to spend the extra money.