caches in parking garages

mvb0002

I am still a newbie with less than 100 finds.

I have come across two caches both of which are hidden in or on a parking garage.

The last one I had was a parking garage 4 levels high. Myself and 2 others searched for 1/2 hr or

more and came up empty. I am pretty sure we were searching the correct floor level which was the top floor that was open to the sky.

On both logs the people all said the same thing. "glad we were familiar with this type of hide"

We searched everything and anything that was attached to concrete or was not made out of concrete.

The cache was listed as small and NOT a nano cache. We even checked the lamp post covers but they

were all secured by screws to the concrete base.

Looking back, the only thing I did not search were the sewer drains embedded in the floors.

Anybody have any suggestions or ideas? What am I missing? This is driving me mad!

We won't tell...It's too much fun when you finally figure it out. Really.

Everyone has to have a type of hide that escapes them, time after time...It's almost tradition! :)

I am sorry you are feeling frustrated, though. Go find some other caches, and come back for this one when you have to be near that area anyway. Don't make special trips for it, or you will only feel like you are wasting time.

Edited by Neos2

We're under 100 finds as well and just did 2 parking garage caches in Las Vegas.

Both took a bit of time (but almost instantaneous if you used the additional hint). One was a magnetic small on a metal ladder, the other a magnetic Altoids container just over the edge of the base of the stair landing right in a corner, not visible but you could feel it if you reached over the edge. Without reading the prior logs and then the clues, I don't think I would have found the Altoids can...

Did you go over the logs and hint? If we're getting stumped we usually backtrack through the logs looking for a picture of GZ or a hint at something we missed.

Edited by The Unpleasables

We're under 100 finds as well and just did 2 parking garage caches in Las Vegas.

Both took a bit of time (but almost instantaneous if you used the additional hint). One was a magnetic small on a metal ladder, the other a magnetic Altoids container just over the edge of the base of the stair landing right in a corner, not visible but you could feel it if you reached over the edge. Without reading the prior logs and then the clues, I don't think I would have found the Altoids can...

Did you go over the logs and hint? If we're getting stumped we usually backtrack through the logs looking for a picture of GZ or a hint at something we missed.

Thanks for the suggestions...at least now I can consider some other hiding places....I have read the logs but will look deeper into the clues....thanks again :)

I don't think parking lot caches would fly in my area, there has been a historic problem with break-ins in the garages, and they are patrolled regularly by security personnel riding golf carts. I think someone hanging around looking for something might arouse too much suspicion!

I guess that is one reason why one should get permission for cache placement.

well i found it today. Used the hint to confirm we were looking on the wrong floor. Had to get the correct coordinates off the top floor as my gpsr was getting bad readings inside the garage. Once I got the to correct level walked off the correct number of paces and BAM there it was :)

Thanks for all the replies...still have one more cache to find in another parking garage.