Notifications

StaticTank

Some times when new cache is published my notifications won't show up. I just don't get them. When it happens it always happens on all the new caches that come out that time. The next time I might get them all. It seems that I always get all or none. I don't get it.

StaticTank

Goofy. I'm not getting notifications when one particular cacher finds my caches. Or so it seems.

Two cachers working together found two of my caches yesterday. They both logged them online in the same order. When the first person logged, nothing happened. When the second person logged, I got notifications (one per cache) mentioning that second person. Never received anything about the first person.

Is the system being extra smart (cutting down on emails for a single cache), or extra eccentric?

Goofy. I'm not getting notifications when one particular cacher finds my caches. Or so it seems.

Two cachers working together found two of my caches yesterday. They both logged them online in the same order. When the first person logged, nothing happened. When the second person logged, I got notifications (one per cache) mentioning that second person. Never received anything about the first person.

Is the system being extra smart (cutting down on emails for a single cache), or extra eccentric?

Same here. A local cacher found one of my two new caches I placed the other day and just got FTF today on the other one I did and not a single notification.

Also, I am not getting receipts of emails sent through GC.com...

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Strange thing happened 18 hours after the cache was published I got the notifications there were 5 or so caches published and I got the notifications once an hour for 5 hours. My pocket queries took all day to arrive also. I use Gmail.

As far as the notifications they are actually going to my cell phone as a text message. They normally arrive instantly.

I noticed some weird things last night when I was getting my new cache notifications. They went out sometime during the day but I was sitting at the computer last night and got the instant notifications that a new cache was published so I looked at it right away and there was already a found log on it. I can't believe that someone found it and logged it in less than two minutes.

I've never had any problems with instant notifications before but I thought this was a little weird. I got about 7 e-mails about new caches in less than a minute and they had all been found and logged already.