I don't know the manufacturer of a coin to activate

mmacgown

I won a Nielsenc 2005 Caching Around the World geocoin at a Flash Mob event back in February in Phoenix and it came in a plastic sleev without the information on the manufacturer. I have tried to find the access code for it and have been unsuccessful so far in retrieving the actoivation code. Doesn't anyone know who is the manufacturer of this coin? [;)]

A simple google search could have provided the necessary maker,

oryou could have always asked the people you won the coin from,

or you could have tried looking at all of the dozen or so of the makers listed in http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx that's the hardest way to do it since they are all different and link to other activation sites sometimes...

Edited by trainlove

I won a Nielsenc 2005 Caching Around the World geocoin at a Flash Mob event back in February in Phoenix and it came in a plastic sleev without the information on the manufacturer. I have tried to find the access code for it and have been unsuccessful so far in retrieving the actoivation code. Doesn't anyone know who is the manufacturer of this coin? [:rolleyes:]

You can retrieve the activation code for this coin at geocoinshop.de

Ooops I am thinking of the wrong coin :) hoping the first link got you where you needed to be :(

Edited by Tooey

A simple google search could have provided the necessary maker,

oryou could have always asked the people you won the coin from,

or you could have tried looking at all of the dozen or so of the makers listed in http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx that's the hardest way to do it since they are all different and link to other activation sites sometimes...

Good grief, lighten up!. It was only a question.

Its all in HOW you say things. When I started training to drive the Big Truck, I had a trainer who would always correct my errors in the form of a queation.

What are you in THIS lane for...

Why are we behind this car...

why are we parked here?

This is a rude way of saying

We need to get over into that lane...

This guys too slow, let's pass him...

don't park right here.

instead of saying what someone COULD HAVE done, you can let them know what they CAN do.

:D

When searching for an activation code, you could try asking the person who had it made (nielsinc) OR you could ask here for info...usually here is friendly! (unless you catch me on a bad couple days lol)

Trainlove, my friends, no worries. We all have our days! I've been having fun giving grief to a couple of people in another link, so I can see where you were trying to be helpful but just came across a bit gruff! :D Just remember that, sometimes after searching for awhile with no luck, people tire and are looking for a bit of a nudge!

I'd have never thought to google it...

:)

When searching for an activation code, you could try asking the person who had it made (nielsinc) OR you could ask here for info...usually here is friendly! (unless you catch me on a bad couple days lol)

Trainlove, my friends, no worries. We all have our days! I've been having fun giving grief to a couple of people in another link, so I can see where you were trying to be helpful but just came across a bit gruff! :( Just remember that, sometimes after searching for awhile with no luck, people tire and are looking for a bit of a nudge!

I'd have never thought to google it...

When I've had a coin that didn't have a Vendors card included, Google has usually been my first tool. I just search for...

"Coin Name"+"activation"

I take my best guess at the name if I don't know it exactly. Usually the first few results has had one that worked.