Milestone Event idea

M3J

Ok, ours are in the queue now too. There's the CITO (GC1J8AF) from 11am to 1pm on Dec 14th then the Milestone Celebration and Angel Event (GC1J8YE) from 1pm to 4pm on the same day.

Cool. Ours is called "Milestones and Mistletoe" and runs from 4-6 so it starts at the same time as yours.

Ours are LIVE and BigBadger has already posted their milestone goal!

I would have expected mine published today, but it appears our famous reviewer won't publish it with a mention of donations to the Salvation Army Toy Drive....claims this makes it a charity event. I amended it with a shorter description of the toy drive. We'll see if that's good enough for him.

Now that you have amended it and it no longer includes any text that runs contrary to the listing guidelines, the listing has been published by this "famous" reviewer :laughing:

At any time, you can ask Groundspeak for their consent to include items of a charity nature. Only they can grant such exceptions. Exceptions to the guidelines are exactly that, exceptions.

:laughing: CD

We held our event today and although we had a lot of 'Will Attends' we had less than 10 joyful attendees because of all the snow and blizzard conditions that hit this area overnight. Our Sunday morning beach CITO is postponed until the white stuff is gone and the winds die down :laughing: .

I think that our COG friends had something to do with this :huh: . It's -4 here with 50-70km/hr winds and +4 in Central Ontario with winds of 14km/hr. There go the shirtsleeves <_< .

Congrats to Whitebear for passing 2000, to Huntcliff for logging the Event as their 1000th find (was to be the CITO), to NetWizard/Crafty Otter for 200 finds, to AnnieMaroo and Da Wards for logging 100 finds, to J&R_2003 for their 50 finds (with toddler and baby in tow!), and we managed to reach Platinum Earthcache Master yesterday - just in the nick of time! Both of 2Fidoes... our 'mid-milestone' friends - thank you for bringing the crafts for the kids (and adults) and for all your help today!

North Bay Geocachers Assoc managed 14 physical attendees, with 11 geo handles. Same here, with threatening weather, but I'm not so sure about COG sending it your way, Landsharkz. It seems your weather is headed this way, as per usual.

On another note, one attendee made an offhand comment about seeing if the simultaneous caching events would interest Guinness book of records. Why don't we try for something like that next time? You know, how many registered attendants at how many geo-events, at the same time?

We held our event today and although we had a lot of 'Will Attends' we had less than 10 joyful attendees because of all the snow and blizzard conditions that hit this area overnight. Our Sunday morning beach CITO is postponed until the white stuff is gone and the winds die down :blink: .

I think that our COG friends had something to do with this :huh: . It's -4 here with 50-70km/hr winds and +4 in Central Ontario with winds of 14km/hr. There go the shirtsleeves :blink: .

Congrats to Whitebear for passing 2000, to Huntcliff for logging the Event as their 1000th find (was to be the CITO), to NetWizard/Crafty Otter for 200 finds, to AnnieMaroo and Da Wards for logging 100 finds, to J&R_2003 for their 50 finds (with toddler and baby in tow!), and we managed to reach Platinum Earthcache Master yesterday - just in the nick of time! Both of 2Fidoes... our 'mid-milestone' friends - thank you for bringing the crafts for the kids (and adults) and for all your help today!

Too bad about your weather folks...wasn't too bad here, though a little wet.

We had about 45 at the event here. Congrats to Lone Star 1 on #100, 13coach13 for #200, Teab BBEX on #300, Baker's Dozen on #600, HomerJFong on #750, Eelow&Beelow on #1100, Galloping Gourmet on #1700(+2), as well as Dreadnaught plus ourselves on #3000.

Great food, great company, plus we gathered a ton of toys for the toy drive. I am proud to be part of this bunch!

Merry Christmas all!!