Milestone Event idea

M3J

As I approach number 3000, I had a thought (yeah, yeah...add your own comment here...)

Would there be an interest in an event mid December that would be open to all (of course) but have a focus on trying to mark as many milestones as possible. I just it might be kind of cool to have a pub night or something similar that could be a combo Christmas Party and an event to gather as many cachers about to celebrate a milestone. Whatever your definition of a milestone is...be it 100, 500, 1,000, whatever.

My thoughts are to have it in a pub or similar somewhere between Kitchener and Toronto so that as many as possible can attend.

Thoughts?

1) Where? (Guelph? Milton?)

2) Weeknight or weekend? (my vote is weeknight)

3) Favorite pubs?

As a seperate thought, wouldn't it be cool to have multiple events the same night/day across the country so there are tons of Canadian Cachers celebrating milestones the same day?

So why do you have this need to knock everyone who chooses to take a serious interest in their hobby? (This is only the second thread I've read since I came on a few minutes ago and you're doing it in both threads.)

This website and forum are a monument to facilitating the capture and documentation of numbers and encouraging a serious interest in geocaching. Is that a bad thing? If so, why do you participate?

I'm genuinely curious because usually you are nothing but helpful and knowledgeable. Maybe it's just a bad day?

...ken...

Edited by Ken in Regina

As I approach number 3000, I had a thought (yeah, yeah...add your own comment here...)

Would there be an interest in an event mid December that would be open to all (of course) but have a focus on trying to mark as many milestones as possible. I just it might be kind of cool to have a pub night or something similar that could be a combo Christmas Party and an event to gather as many cachers about to celebrate a milestone. Whatever your definition of a milestone is...be it 100, 500, 1,000, whatever.

My thoughts are to have it in a pub or similar somewhere between Kitchener and Toronto so that as many as possible can attend.

Thoughts?

3) Favorite pubs?

M3J

I think it would be a great idea! I love to get together to meet other cachers! Even if it was not to necessarily mark a milestone, I would love to come.

1. Location - somewhere around Guelph would be fine. I (and my husband) would be coming from the Ingersoll area so the closer to Kitchener the better for us but I understand trying to keep it central.

2. Weekend would be my preference primarily because we would be coming from Ingersoll and would not want it to be too late of a night since it would be a worknight. Weekend would be better because we do not have to get up early the next day.

3. I have no preference to the pub/restaurant. Not being from that area, I do not know what is good and what is not.

Side note.... I love to watch the number of caches that I have found (with my husband's assistance) increase. To me it is not about numbers but I think it is cool how many we have found and how much better we have gotten in finding as that number grows. I do not compare my numbers to others and do not compete with others.... so I see nothing wrong with celebrating my own milestone.... I am hoping to reach 200 by the end of the year and probably will!

I think if another cacher does not think it is all about numbers, that is fine but that person should not be rude and critical if others do think numbers have something to do with their searching, in whatever degree.

Edited by brendah

So why do you have this need to knock everyone who chooses to take a serious interest in their hobby? (This is only the second thread I've read since I came on a few minutes ago and you're doing it in both threads.)

This website and forum are a monument to facilitating the capture and documentation of numbers and encouraging a serious interest in geocaching. Is that a bad thing? If so, why do you participate?

I'm genuinely curious because usually you are nothing but helpful and knowledgeable. Maybe it's just a bad day?

...ken...

By all means take a serious interest in the hobby, I do. But clearly I don't care about the numbers. I participate due to my interest in technology, exercise and a quest to visit places I may not have had an opportunity or inclination to see otherwise. All these things I do for ME and those that choose to cache with me.

BTW this forum is for more than "a monument to facilitating the capture and documentation of numbers....." I believe it is also a place to share experiences and knowledge as well as debating points of view. Seems you weren't too happy with me providing mine.

At the end of the day the "numbers" mean nothing - it is the EXPERIENCE that made that number.

Peace ;)

By all means take a serious interest in the hobby, I do. But clearly I don't care about the numbers.

Clearly.

BTW this forum is for more than "a monument to facilitating the capture and documentation of numbers....." I believe it is also a place to share experiences and knowledge as well as debating points of view. Seems you weren't too happy with me providing mine.

Of course, it is all of those things. I simply pointed out that, in addition to anything else it might be to all of the various participants, it is a monument to counting. It facilitates and encourages keeping score. It also encourages a serious interest in caching. Taking a 30,000 ft. big picture view of the geocaching.com site in its totality, it could be said that it panders to serious interest in virtually every aspect of geocaching.

I say that not in judgement; simply as an observation. I think it's great.

I don't object to your point of view nor your right to share it, or even to debate it. I just don't like it that you chose to belittle others who have a different view. That was somewhat at odds with your normal supportive actions in helping others with various aspects of geocaching and it set me back a little.

At the end of the day the "numbers" mean nothing - it is the EXPERIENCE that made that number.

The two are not mutually exclusive. The numbers may mean nothing to you. Just as clearly they do mean something to many others. The amount of support this site provides for "scoring" is proof of how popular it is. The fact that you don't relate to that should not give you license to belittle it when you see others enjoying a part of it that you don't care about.

I rode motorcycles for over thirty years, and, for a decade, taught dozens of others how to ride. I was deeply into all aspects of motorcycling, short of competition. Some of my best riding buddies were heavily competitive. Even though I didn't have any great interest in racing, other than as a spectator, I was still able to understand why they loved to compete. They used their "scores" (finish positions) as an indicator of what additional skills they needed to acquire or improve and as a measure of how well they were doing that. There were lots of other motivators, but it was the drive to improve their skills so they could improve their "scores" that underlay it all.

In associating with them, and riding with them, I was able to increase my skills and knowledge right along with them.

I applaud that drive to achieve or increase competence in any endeavour, as long as one doesn't take it to an extreme. If a little glory rubs off as a result of those achievements, what's wrong with that? I think it's great to have goals -- to set them and to achieve them and to celebrate that achievement. If one can do it with others of like mind, so much the better.

Be well.

...ken...

I know many cachers who have made events into milestones, myself included. Both GHAGAFAPS I attended were milestones. I think you'd have a good turnout for this one, it would be interesting to see how many people could coordinate to reach milestones together.

I have about 30 caches to go until I reach 3000, so I might just reach it tomorrow if I get out the door in the next little while. So far my 'plan' is to hit it tomorrow and try to be in the Niagara area so I could make it "Deer Bait" (oldest cache in Ontario) or it might be the closest cache on the list from 2999, maybe a drive-by micro.

...ken...

By all means take a serious interest in the hobby, I do. But clearly I don't care about the numbers. I participate due to my interest in technology, exercise and a quest to visit places I may not have had an opportunity or inclination to see otherwise. All these things I do for ME and those that choose to cache with me.

Peace :rolleyes:

BBoG, I had debated not replying to your original post but those that know me likely already figured that would never happen :)

I think you may misinterpret the numbers game for a competition. Just like golf, I don't care what others score (or how many finds they have...though it always makes for good ribbing of fellow cachers). For me, I set goals for myself as a personal challenge. Last year I had set a goal of hitting 2000 on my 40th birthdday this past January. Now I simply wanted to hit 3000 by the end of the year. Ideally, I would like to try and maintain 1000 a year, at least for the next couple of years.

More of a personal target for me, however, is to cache in as many provinces, territories, states, and countries as possible. I have now cached in every province, 20 states, and 7 countries.

All of this being said, however, I do not enjoy the lampost micro sort of thing just for a number. I wold rather the caches take me to beautiful locations...that is why I have travelled across the country twice just to go caching. If I wanted nothing but numbers, I could just as easily spend a few days in Toronto and clean up the easy ones instead of flying to Victoria.

Bottom line, I guess, is that if you want to assume that my reason for getting a bunch of milestone markers all in once place just to thump our chests, that's your perogative. It might be a little less judgemental, however, to understand someone's viewpoint from their perspective, rather than your own, before criticizing. I just thought it would be fun to have a bunch of people holding up various signs of 100, 200, 500, 2000, or whatever up.

Its all kinf od like a birthday...whether or not I want to get older is irrelevant...as long as I keep living, its going to happen and the number of years I have lived will be marked. Sometimes, people like to get together to celebrate those days.

I know many cachers who have made events into milestones, myself included. Both GHAGAFAPS I attended were milestones. I think you'd have a good turnout for this one, it would be interesting to see how many people could coordinate to reach milestones together.

I have about 30 caches to go until I reach 3000, so I might just reach it tomorrow if I get out the door in the next little while. So far my 'plan' is to hit it tomorrow and try to be in the Niagara area so I could make it "Deer Bait" (oldest cache in Ontario) or it might be the closest cache on the list from 2999, maybe a drive-by micro.

Yeah, I had originally had hoped we could hit 3000 together on one of our BT hikes but as I told you in June, I just can't keep up to you :)

Good luck tomorrow!

Well said M3J... now hopefully others will agee and would like to come to the get-together (as I have already posted) and then this thread can get back to planning that event as you originally intended.

Ahem!!! Central is between Toronto and Kitchener?????? Where the heck do you think the rest of us live?

At least allow the courtesy of making central somewhere north of 9, and I will do my best to make 500 so I have a milestone to celebrate with you. :)

Well said M3J... now hopefully others will agee and would like to come to the get-together (as I have already posted) and then this thread can get back to planning that event as you originally intended.

Ahem!!! Central is between Toronto and Kitchener?????? Where the heck do you think the rest of us live?

At least allow the courtesy of making central somewhere north of 9, and I will do my best to make 500 so I have a milestone to celebrate with you. :)

Fair enough, I recognize that central is certainly a relative term! I had only suggested that general area as I am in Waterloo and am familiar with many of the establishments between here and Toronto. I am not familiar with any of the spots around 9.

That being said, there is certainly a denser population of cachers down here so logistically, it still makes more sense to have it down here.

My other thought, though, was that if others across the country wanted to have similar pub nights the same evening, it would be neat to see the number of milestones met in one evening. Plan a seperate event for Barrie or similar!!

Cheers

I like the idea of multiple events across the country at the same time. Kinda like that World Wide Mob Event.

On the subject of stats, I personally wish there was a way to hide my stats. I have done it on the Ontario page but would prefer to be able to do it on the gc.com site as well.

I appreciate some people like the stats, and that is certainly their prerogative.

I find them meaningless because there are so many variables. Is finding 1000 drive ups better than finding 100 caches that each require a 5 km hike? Who is to say? I have an APE find. So what? How do you factor in number of multi's or puzzles versus traditionals.

Recently I have changed my caching philosophy to plan a trip around one or two goal caches. Usually a really old cache, an extended hike or a puzzle done by a friend. Picking up other caches because they are nearby becomes an add on but not prime purpose.

The nice thing about geocaching is the flexibility that allows everyone to mold the game to their preferences. But a stack ranking of the most finds is a pretty meaningless exercise.

<snip>.....

I appreciate some people like the stats, and that is certainly their prerogative.......<snip>.....

And, what would be behind the Tequila 81 Challenge? I actually have changed the way I cache, looking for the elusive 81, only because of the stats required on that one.

LOL. That is why I put that cache out!!!!! To poke fun at the stats chasers.

It is interesting to note however that Tequila:81 Proof is responsible for some really hard and really old caches to finally get some attention.

I like the idea of multiple events across the country at the same time. Kinda like that World Wide Mob Event.

On the subject of stats, I personally wish there was a way to hide my stats. I have done it on the Ontario page but would prefer to be able to do it on the gc.com site as well.

I appreciate some people like the stats, and that is certainly their prerogative.

I find them meaningless because there are so many variables. Is finding 1000 drive ups better than finding 100 caches that each require a 5 km hike? Who is to say? I have an APE find. So what? How do you factor in number of multi's or puzzles versus traditionals.

Recently I have changed my caching philosophy to plan a trip around one or two goal caches. Usually a really old cache, an extended hike or a puzzle done by a friend. Picking up other caches because they are nearby becomes an add on but not prime purpose.

The nice thing about geocaching is the flexibility that allows everyone to mold the game to their preferences. But a stack ranking of the most finds is a pretty meaningless exercise.

Totally agree...that's why my stats are just mine. I don't compare my stats to others (except a few local caching friends...its always fun to rib each other in good fun).

There are way too many variables...

retired cachers vs working stiffs (read: time on their hands)

folks living in cache dense areas vs the far north (right murfster??)

those with physical limitations (I am still planning on Hilton Falls loop but with my leg injuries, it will likely put me out of commission for a few days)

This is why I set goals for myself but they are based on what is reasonable and fun for me. I remember last year when I was really cranking out the numbers because I wanted to hit 2000 on my 40th birthday...it started to not be fun anymore. Sometimes I feel like a numbers run, sometimes I want to just do one or two really cool caches. Sometimes I want to do a bunch of historical multis, sometimes I only want to do traditionals.

I just want to enjoy myself and have some fun in the outdoors. Sometimes that means its about numbers for the day, sometimes its doing a new type of cache or hide. Bottom line...my numbers are meaningful to me but they shouldn't be to anyone else...just as anyone else's are meaningless to me.

Getting back to the original thought, I am going to check on one thing as there may be a CREW Pub night in Dec. If so, maybe I'll wait to do a Milestone Event for some other time.

Milton is much more central (between Waterloo and Toronto) than Guelph.

Hope you decide on a weekend. Weekend we'll go for sure. Weeknight would be iffy, depending on when it starts...more likely to drive to Milton on a weeknight than to go all the way out to Guelph.

3) Favorite pubs?

Kelsey's and Swiss Chalet would be excellent choices in Milton. I think there are some new restaurants in Milton just off the 401 at Steeles and James Snow Pkwy too.

I hope you go ahead with the event.

Yes, I'm with you on that one. Once I hit Find #2000 I pretty much gave up on the numbers game. Now I check on the map, find a park or area that looks nice and go bag a few caches and call it a day. I no longer care about finding every cache. If I read a description and the cache doesn't interest me, it goes on my Ignore list -- which has now grown to 68 caches. Let me tell you, caching has been more enjoyable these last few months than it had been in years.

Yes, I'm with you on that one. Once I hit Find #2000 I pretty much gave up on the numbers game. Now I check on the map, find a park or area that looks nice and go bag a few caches and call it a day. I no longer care about finding every cache. If I read a description and the cache doesn't interest me, it goes on my Ignore list -- which has now grown to 68 caches. Let me tell you, caching has been more enjoyable these last few months than it had been in years.

I agree for the most part. The only thing I am still hooked on is keeping the city clean of caches. I have this thing about not having any caches on my closest list within 30km. I know, I should seek therapy. When I am out of town, I pick and choose and when we travel, we look for the ones that would show us part of the area that's not a popular tourist trap. The best part about caching while on holidays is just that...have the locals show me the cool stuff. Mind you, sometimes its the locals showing me the nearest Bee Newspaper box or lampost micro, but generally the good outweighs the bad.

I am just checking on a couple of date conflicts but I will publish this event shortly. Any other takers in other parts of the country want to coordinate dates for other similar events on the same day?

I am just checking on a couple of date conflicts but I will publish this event shortly. Any other takers in other parts of the country want to coordinate dates for other similar events on the same day?

OK, I will set something up for Near North. There are cachers here who have either achieved the 1000 mark, are working on 600, or working on 500. Heck, there are even cachers here who recently managed the 100 mark, and that is good. I can set up the event, but need to coincide with when the 1000 is back in town.

I like the idea! Consider this #2 in the Milestone Event cache series.

OK, I will set something up for Near North. There are cachers here who have either achieved the 1000 mark, are working on 600, or working on 500. Heck, there are even cachers here who recently managed the 100 mark, and that is good. I can set up the event, but need to coincide with when the 1000 is back in town.

I was just thinking after reading Mag Magician's post ... maybe it would be more logical for a Milestone Event to be held in London as well. It could be #3. London is way closer to me than Milton or Guelph and there would be a more likely chance that more people from this area would attend a London event than a toward Toronto event. I could do this IF I have help from someone else in the London area. I am too new to events to know all the best things that an event should have. I have only been to one since I started caching this past spring.

Does that sound good M3J?

I was just thinking after reading Mag Magician's post ... maybe it would be more logical for a Milestone Event to be held in London as well. It could be #3. London is way closer to me than Milton or Guelph and there would be a more likely chance that more people from this area would attend a London event than a toward Toronto event. I could do this IF I have help from someone else in the London area. I am too new to events to know all the best things that an event should have. I have only been to one since I started caching this past spring.

Does that sound good M3J?

Sounds great!

At this point, I am looking at Dec 13th. Thoughts??

Here's a thought, since this event is for celebrating milestones, how about having the event at the restaurant called Milestone's? Although there isn't any in Guelph or Milton, there are 2 in Mississauga and other places (Burlington, west end of Etobicoke and even London if there is a London event)...one is at the west end of Mississauga which is very close to Milton.

Here's a thought, since this event is for celebrating milestones, how about having the event at the restaurant called Milestone's? Although there isn't any in Guelph or Milton, there are 2 in Mississauga and other places (Burlington, west end of Etobicoke and even London if there is a London event)...one is at the west end of Mississauga which is very close to Milton.

Not a bad idea Ralph. Do you know if they have an area that would suit a group?

Not a bad idea Ralph. Do you know if they have an area that would suit a group?

I have never been to a Milestone's before, but driven past the one in Etobicoke many times. I would think it's very similar to a Kelsey's or Montana's. Have a look on their web site for the contact info.

Looking forward to the event.

Milestones, in my opinion, are much more "formal" than a Kelsey's or a Montana's. You are more likely to conduct business meetings there than a caching discussion. LOL

Great food. Little more expensive.

I have been to a couple of them and typically they are mainly designed with booths for four, as opposed to an open area for large groups.

I like the name for the event. LOL

M3J

Once you have the details for your end figured out let us know so that we can post something similar. I would put the #3 on mine of course, since Mag has claimed the #2 :D

We should post something soon though or there will not be enough time. People are so busy this time of the year, we should have a date so they can make sure they save it.

I am also positive that I will be fine planning on this end especially since we will just duplicate yours. There are lots of great cachers around here that I am sure I can just ask someone if I need some assistance locally.

Looking forward to planning with you and Mag!

I still mark my milestones bit I only try to do challenging caches for milestones or some interesting multi's or memorable caches.

OK OK I did log My 2600th at a Wal-mart micro during a 24hr marathon, but it was a memorable moment.

I have been caching for 6 years now and I don't care that I am only just coming up to 2800.

I think a milestone evenat at milestones would be perfect. I have been to the one Mississauga At dundas and 403. I think they would be able to accomodate a large group.

if I can do 207 more caches I can celebrate 3000 finds with you.

brendah... you could also try asking spud502 for help putting on an event. He's in London, ON - a transplant from the island out west here. He's got a heart as big as Vancouver Island and may be available to lend a hand. Feel free to blame us when you ask him :( .

Thanks for the suggestion Landsharkz... if I need some help I will contact him.... and make sure to blame you :blink:

I am just waiting to hear if this thing is a go.

brendah... you could also try asking spud502 for help putting on an event. He's in London, ON - a transplant from the island out west here. He's got a heart as big as Vancouver Island and may be available to lend a hand. Feel free to blame us when you ask him ;) .

Thanks for the suggestion Landsharkz... if I need some help I will contact him.... and make sure to blame you :blink:

I am just waiting to hear if this thing is a go.

Ok, let me re-phrase that... spud502 was an awesome member of our caching community - your guys win and our loss for sure. If you contact him about this Milestone event, please tell him that Landsharkz gushed about what an awesome guy he is (flattery will get you everywhere and blame probably wasn't the right word). Some folks moaned about another 'cache hidden in rocks', but now we miss it... funny how that works. I'd love to find a new 'spud height' cache again :( . spud502 left Victoria for London around November 10, 2007, right after we all got together and helped him reach 1000 for his 'Retirement Event'.

M3J... we could possibly host a Milestone event on the Island but we'd need to check with Lumbo-Tire who hosts the local Christmas event annually. Ours would not be a Christmas event, just the Milestone Event. It's the timing that would need to be figured out so both could happen separately from each other.

Edited by Landsharkz

Sorry folks, I had Cub Camp planning to do last week and was away all weekend at camp (trying planning and feeding 30 8-10 year olds and 15 adults for 2 days...I am still exhausted!!). We did manage to get 5 caches in as a group though...3 of which were Earthcaches which they had not done before...really enjoyed collecting fossils at Rock Glen Conservation Area.

Anyway, on to bigger things...

Sorry to hear about the 13th Brendah. Maybe you can find someone else from your neck of the woods.

As far as Milestone's goes, I looked into it and it sounds like a really nice place but it may be a litle on the pricey side for most (as has been mentioned). I guess it depends on if we are planning on eating or just a few pints. Since there aren't Milestone's in most places (looks like mainland BC around Surrey, GTA, and Alberta, I would think location doesn't matter a ton.

I have had someone who lives in the area recommend either Caseys, Montanas, or Boston Pizza in Milton. I am going to call this afternoon and get some info. I will also submit the event by tomorrow and will pass along the info to others. I like the idea of Milton as well since it is not as far for us K/W cachers and also points farther south. That being said, if there is someone willing to organize the Toronto/Mississauga area event, I could step in and do the one for London in Brendah's place. I may look to Woodstock for that one since it would be more central for both K/W and London.

It would really be great if you guys could do one out west as well Helen. Any other takers for the east coast or in between coasts??

If we can decide today or tomorrow, that would be awesome!

Well, not having heard from anyone this week (possibly due to me being out of commission for a few days earlier) and since the time is fast approaching, it is likely better to shelve this idea until next year. With Christmas coming, a few other events on the horizon, trying to coordinate across country, trying to get this off the ground in such a short time period was likely too ambitious.

I will put another note out in the spring and maybe we can look at trying something like this next summer.

Cheers

Mike

You have got to be kidding! :) Do you realize what I just spent all morning putting together?!

First up a CITO, and in the afternoon the Milestone Event (with voluntary gift donations in honour of your Milestone for the Salvation Army Angel Trees). We figured we'd give people 90 mins or so in between to get cleaned up, have lunch, grab some caches, etc.

The only issue is that the place where we want to have the CITO would prefer we do it on Sunday so they can put the garbage pick up on their first route for Monday morning. We may do it on the 14th instead, to accommodate the public works dept.

Edited by Landsharkz

You have got to be kidding! :laughing: Do you realize what I just spent all morning putting together?!

First up a CITO, and in the afternoon the Milestone Event (with voluntary gift donations in honour of your Milestone for the Salvation Army Angel Trees). We figured we'd give people 90 mins or so in between to get cleaned up, have lunch, grab some caches, etc.

The only issue is that the place where we want to have the CITO would prefer we do it on Sunday so they can put the garbage pick up on their first route for Monday morning. We may do it on the 14th instead, to accommodate the public works dept.

Yikes! OK, I will go ahead with it since you have put yours into place. Since I have not heard from anyone to organize a Toronto or London area event, I am going to do it more local to make it easier on me. I will book something likely down by the 401 in Cambridge so that it is convenient for those travelling from out of town.

I will book something tomorrow and post the event. Let me know the details of your event and I will duplicate it as best I can.

Sorry to seem wishy washy...if you knew the lot that is my life right now, you'd see why I had thought to back off from the event but if I don't have to coordinate an out of town event, it will be pretty easy.

You have got to be kidding! :anibad: Do you realize what I just spent all morning putting together?!

Sorry M3J... I realize I sounded like my mother :blink: ! I was worried this would happen some day <_<

I have been waiting for a confirmation. OK, if this is a go, I will contact a couple of establishments here, where I know the owners personally, and local is a go here as well. Keep up with the updates.

Roger

It's a GO! :lol:

We are most likely happenin' here on the 14th - I am visiting the venue that is 'reserved' on Monday morning just to make sure it's good enough for folks, and I will get ours into the review queue shortly thereafter. I will confirm here when I'm done. There will be a CITO on a local beach, a Milestone event nearby and a new theme cache at LSHQ. Maybe we'll throw in a new beachin' EarthCache for good measure. I sure wish spud502 was here to give me a hand with these :mad: .

I will book something tomorrow and post the event. Let me know the details of your event and I will duplicate it as best I can.

I'm not sure if you want to duplicate this M3J...

We're probably booking a small community hall (not high end and new to most of us) and we're going to ask folks to bring potluck seasonal snacks. This is the first time we've done anything like this.

Our local restaurants aren't always able to accommodate our group sizes in 'family' sections and it also means that students or people on a tight budget may hesitate to come if they feel they need to 'buy food'. In a private hall it's open to more people, kids, etc, and folks can contribute what they can manage.

We'll have a donation jar to cover some of the hall rental, but its not going to cost much (that's why I'm going to give it the once over on Monday <_< ). We have to clean up ourselves, but after the CITO, we'll be well practiced!

I sure wish we had time to 'do' a short run Milestone coin for attendees... oh well, maybe next time!

OK, we're a go. Its just in for submission as well. I made ours for the 14th as well (4-6pm) so that it will coincide with the BC event. Montana's in Cambridge...right beside the 401 for those travelling in and in the midst of a ton of shops for your christmas bargin hunting pleasure.

Also, a toy drive for the Salvation Army will be part of it. Keep watching for the events!

Ok, ours are in the queue now too. There's the CITO (GC1J8AF) from 11am to 1pm on Dec 14th then the Milestone Celebration and Angel Event (GC1J8YE) from 1pm to 4pm on the same day.

Cool. Ours is called "Milestones and Mistletoe" and runs from 4-6 so it starts at the same time as yours.

Ok, ours are in the queue now too. There's the CITO (GC1J8AF) from 11am to 1pm on Dec 14th then the Milestone Celebration and Angel Event (GC1J8YE) from 1pm to 4pm on the same day.

Cool. Ours is called "Milestones and Mistletoe" and runs from 4-6 so it starts at the same time as yours.

Ours are LIVE and BigBadger has already posted their milestone goal!

Edited by Landsharkz

Ours are LIVE and BigBadger has already posted their milestone goal!

I would have expected mine published today, but it appears our famous reviewer won't publish it with a mention of donations to the Salvation Army Toy Drive....claims this makes it a charity event. I amended it with a shorter description of the toy drive. We'll see if that's good enough for him.