Halloween Cointest

islander1988

I nominate Rockin' Roddy who has gone through so much lately but has found a way to put a positive spin on it to try and make others safer in this world.

I second this nomination. Even in the roughest of times, he has worked his hardest on ways to turn his pain into both a crusade to help others avoid the same, and a series of fun games for the rest of the world to enjoy. Even after the games are done, the fun for all who find the coins will continue. Great job Roddy, Keep up the good work.

New cointest!! :sad:

Everytime I see nominations I do not know what to do! There are so many great geocachers here....I wish they could all win!!!

My first nomination goes to Rockin Roddy! He is a great guy, very generous, very kind, and as we all see, a great friend!!! Not only he deserves a coin but also a metal from our hearts! ;)

I'd like to nominate RadioNut50, here in Hamilton, New Zealand.

Why - because he has set up a good Wherigo cache here, and encouraged his son-in-law and others to do the same. We now have 4 Wherigo caches in the small city (pop 125,000)

RadioNut50 also has other technical caches, using electronic tools that the cacher has to first do research on.

Oh, and he's my cacher partner in crime (though he only logs the special finds)

So many great nominations already, but, I can't resist - this isn't for me - it about a treat for another cacher.

I would like to nominate Team Richards. This is a family caching team of four (Mom, Dad and two young men) who cache together. One other important fact is these people LOVE geocoins. The own a few, not a lot, but they do love to discover them.

And, the discovery log usually isn't the old, "discovered this at........", go to their profile and click on a coin they have discovered. They use coin discovery to learn about things. What about the Three Musketeers? History of Smokey the Bear.......you name it - they usually research it before they write a very interesting log.

Whether helping with an event, participating in a CITO event, or just pursuing a cache on the trail............They are truly a family which caches together and stays together.

Team Richards doesn't come to these forums much (although he recently did post to share his DeLorme experience). He is busy working and keeping up with the family and boys. I can assure you - meet them on the trail - you will never forget them - need a helper and they are near you, as them - great folks!

Thanks for the opportunity to honor and showcase caching friends!

Barry, you are so sweet, to nominate me. You always do make geocaching so much fun. I couldnt think of anyone else more fun to cache with besides you my partner, friend, husband. I Love You!

I would like to nominate my friend Tadpole379 ;) She is been the best of friend and always there whenever I have needed her, We always looking out for one another. She is always so giving and has a big heart and plus she loved Bella/ our parrot when she seen her at MWGB. I Still love to have the photoes you took of her tho. LOL

Okay, for my official nomination: I am going to nominate Gatoulis for, much like Geo.Error, being a beacon of light whenever he posts. And for always sharing with us wonderful pictures of his beautiful island and participating so enthusiastically! I really enjoy reading his posts and they always bring a smile to my face. ;)

I would like to nominate my good caching buddy Nurse Nanna. She volunteers her time all summer long at a camp. She is hilarious and her sense of humor is infectious. Her logs are a legend here in Michigan also. some people follow her travels through her logs and at meet and greets there is always somebody who asks will you introduce me to Nurse Nanna....

As I said...Shari is so sweet!!! a real Gem!!! ;) Thank you so much my dear friend!!!! :D

I feel so honored!!! :sad:

Now my next nomination goes to......Paganfrog!!! My highlander Scotish friend is such a great person!!! she has about the same number of coins with me, so she deserves one more! :D

I know that I am not allowed to nominate again and I have to wait for an hour, but I have to go to bed! Please forgive me, but when I get up, the cointest will be over!!!

I would like to nominate Dafunkyfrogs! With this nomination I would like to thank them for the surprise pack they sended!! You are so kind and generous my friends!!! Thank you so much!!!! ;)

Good night to all! Happy halloween to all! :sad:

We like to nominate Tsunrisebey, Stephanie is one of the first cachers we started talking with since joining the forums. We grew a friendship right away, so when we took vacation out to Montana we just had to meet her. Alot of her coins have been our favorite. What we love about her is all of her kind generosity she has given. Since she is getting so big in the geocoin world we do miss talking with her, but dont want her to forget that we still think very highly of her. Hope all is well with the new Job Stephanie. Happy Halloween!

My final nomination before I hit the hay, Castleman, generous to a fault. He has sent out hundreds of coins, raised money for charity and minted coins specifically for good causes.
Speaking of Castleman, he has a AE coin of ours up for Charity please bid high and bid often, we know there is alot of people here in the forums that are very generious people. The charity is for A KAITLYN Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300269097255

Thank You Jim, you are a real sweetheart, and a wonderful friend. Thank You, we like to nomainate Jim as well.

I would like to nominate the other Pete aka The Moop Along. How can you not with those big eyes pleading for more. Pete does a lot of work at the mega events to organize the poker tourneys. He also has been great to trade with. He seems to always throw in something extra into our trades and he has a sharp wit too.

I would like to also nominate Rockin Roddy because he is an inspiration. His profile says for occupation, life's kickball and life has thrown a lot at him but he is always thinking of someone else. He has given away a lot of coins for bike awareness because out of his friends death he is trying to make life a better and safer place for others. He has been working on a night cache for others to enjoy. I think of the saying when life sends you lemons, make lemonade because no matter what life sends him he always tries to make life better for others.

Happy Halloween!

There are so many more people I'd like to nominate and I feel kind of bad not having the chance as I will be heading off to bed after this post. A lot of people have already been nominated and there are so many people deserving of coins.

I would like to nominate Frozen Buns. She is very generous with coins and with other things as well. She always seems to be helping out a friend. She is a great friend for helping others who need it. ;) She fulfilled my heart's desire for the odyssey coin set. She deserves to win a coin too.

This is tough. But I have to agree with Tschakko and nominate fairyhoney. She has always been so nice and friendly and....and...and.! The list could go on and on. She is just an ALL around great person!!!

Your a wonderful Lady fairyhoney!!

-Jeremy- (Dardevle)

Edited by dardevle

I would also like to nominate Tennessee Jed for adopting out so many of his coins for others to enjoy. He also asked me to adopt a really cool travel bug that has over 8,000 miles on it, which was such a wonderful surprise, especially for one so relatively new to the boards as I am. His faith in me really felt awesome and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

My final nomination before I hit the hay, Castleman, generous to a fault. He has sent out hundreds of coins, raised money for charity and minted coins specifically for good causes.

anyone who knows Jim , knows what a super person he is...Kaitlyn 's family have been the benificary of the proceeds of countless auctions held by Jim...we also would like to nominate Castle Man...... .

my next choice is a team of two people. they dont really have a team name that i know of, so i will just name them both as they live near each other.

geo-error and lorca.nl

i think these 2 are great friends and have kept me sane when things have been s***ty for me.

we have a team name did`t you know that...

Lorca~made~a~Terror.NL

sorry could`t resit ;)

my next choice is a team of two people. they dont really have a team name that i know of, so i will just name them both as they live near each other.

geo-error and lorca.nl

i think these 2 are great friends and have kept me sane when things have been s***ty for me.

we have a team name did`t you know that...

Lorca~made~a~Terror.NL

sorry could`t resit :D

;):sad::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's too late for me to nominate anyone else, too, but I have a few special folks here that I didn't get to nominate yesterday.

Most all of you know that I'm American in Sweden and that I've been here now for close to 10 years and love it. What a lot of people don't know is that I'm not very close to my parents or sister in the US, and don't see them or hear from them often, which is fine with me, actually, since they are all a bit difficult, at best, to get along with!

Doesn't stop me from really craving 'family' at times, though.

So many of you here on this forum are like family to me and there are more of you than I can think of to list, but there are some special cachers that I wanted to mention, and all of them are here in Sweden.

Solan109, she's my oldest Swedish friend here. We chat regularly on MSN and see each other a few times a year. We tease each other, laugh with each other, and support each other and are just there for each other again and again and again. We share a few things in common, each of us having been in/or is in a relationship with someone from a different culture, our economy (which always seems to be lacking, lol!) kids and a few other things. Solan, you are my much loved and needed sister here!

Mats from s.p.a.m. Oh dear, just don't know where to start with this gentle giant of a man. I don't think I could find anyone kinder or more caring, or anyone who would 'take such care' with Micke, Hanna, Cait and I as dear Mats does. We chat for hours on end, he makes me laugh until the tears run down my cheeks sometimes. A couple of weeks ago I went through a really, really rough stretch resulting in me needing to take a few weeks off work due to stress, and Mats came to stay with us for a week, keeping me company and helping me out with the kids when Micke had to go to Stockholm to work. He came because he cared for us, not because he had to, and he gave up his week off of work to be here. Mats, we are so blessed to have you as a part of our family! You represent safety to me in so many ways, and that is so very important and needed by me!

Grodan and her hubby Fiabus. Karin and I have spent hours on end chatting and laughing. We've got kids that are roughly the same age and we both have a bit of a warped sense of humor. Her husband is such a great guy with a great sense of humor and their patience and love with their kids is inspiring and I have learned so much from them. Karin is my "coin nerd in training" who has actually passed me up in nerdiness, lol, and she has such a kind and giving spirit! Karin is also my much cared for sister here!

And lastly, Hasseper - my strong, silent friend! My gosh, this man drives me to my limits of nuts! He gives great hugs and makes me laugh and smile, and his gentle teasing of me and playful nature (in person, forget trying to chat with the man, it just ain't happening, lol!) makes me remember to laugh and smile. There is something about him that makes me comfortable to talk about just about anything, and he makes me feel very at home with my self. Hasse, Mats might be my brother who makes me feel safe, but you're my brother who makes me feel cared for because you wouldn't pick on me and play with me the way you do if you didn't care, if that makes much sense!

In any case, these four special, special people here in Sweden are my extended family here. Each of them is loved by me in my own way and for different reasons, but without them my life would be much, much poorer. I adore all of you and love all of you dearly. You are not only my friends here, but you are my 'family!'

Naomi ;)

Well, we totally missed this cointest...busy with Halloween activities. Probably just as well, since I would've been on the computer all night nominating folks. LOL

we were not able to attend GCF, but judging from all the pics & posts ,those people put on a great event for everyone who attended...so, Dressel Dragons deserves a nomination here...

Thanks for the nomination! For the record, though, I gotta give a a nod to my partners...TMOCM and PGHlooking (plus all of the folks that volunteered, and Yime, and Anthus, and Guyute, and Gridlox, and...)

I have just read through the nominations and was honored to find some of you putting my name out there! THANK YOU, my friends!! But, I must say, I am merely a common Joe here (Joe the biker maybe?? ;) ), I'm no different than any of you!

I would like to THANK Write Shop Robert, Maine Family, usyoopers, Rothstafari, my friends at CHQUALITYCOINS and everyone who has done sooo much to help me get the bike awareness word out! I merely brought you all together, you've done all the work, my friends!!

I guess I didn't read the instructions well enough, or I'd have known I could nominate more people!!!

Again THANK YOU all for such kind words, you all inspire me to do as much as I can!!

We like to nominate Sivota. She is a real sweetheart, she has brought many happy smiles to our face. Whenever we are down we look at a special coin she is given us. Just out of her precious heart she sent this coin and it will always remain close to our hearts. She probably doesnt know how much it means to us and how much she means to us, if you ever read this we consider you a true friend from across the way.

Hope you had a Happy Halloween our friend.

We also like to nominate Bvnlj(Lois Jean) she is also a sweetheart and become friends with right off the bat she is always been so kind. She is the one that has designed the Baby Angel Geocoin that is so beautiful. We have bought several and given them away to special friends and just send them as suprises. Thank You Lois Jean for being a great Friend.

Sorry, I was busy on Saturday filling coin orders, and then was away until today. I planned to take the forum posts with me to make the decision while I was gone, and accidentally closed my browser that I had them up in.

I'm hoping to complete the decision tonight. I'll then be contacting the people who did the winning nominations to see if it's okay to post the winner's name, or if I should keep it a secret until the recipient gets the coins so their arrival will be a surprise.

Stay tuned....

Well, the winners have been picked, and the nominators have been contacted to see if they want the coins to be a surprise or if the names can be announced here. Either way, it was a tough choice. Many great people were nominated, some of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting and/or trading with myself. Far more people deserve coins than the 3 pairs I have to give away, but unfortunately coins and postage don't come cheaply these days.

However... some things don't require postage.

So many deserving people were nominated, I thought about how more people might receive something. So, I created special registered versions of my Coin Logger Assistant and Cache Logger Assistant programs to give away. I'll be sending all the nominators a pair of download links; one to forward to the person they nominated, and one to use themselves as a thank you for their post(s). This way, everyone wins. :)

Thank you to everyone who took the time to make a post and share about the great people in this community.

See you on the trails!