Help Please

fyerman6

I am having a problem trying to insert an image on my replies to a topic.Whenever i click on the insert image in comes up enter url.I dont get it ,if i was to insert a pic from my phone how do i get a url from it.Or is there a shortcut to insert an image.Thanks in advance for the help.

I believe the picture needs to be hosted online somewhere, and you get the url from there. Try uploading it to a photo hosting stie like photobucket or if the picture is caching related you can add it to a cache log and link to it from there.

Once a photo is online you can right click on it, select "properties" and copy its url from there.

Once you have your image uploaded to a place like Photobucket, it will have links underneath the file thumbnail, usually e-mail, direct link (URL) and IMG code. For a forum like this, copy the IMG code and just paste into your post. IMG code starts out with "IMG".

If you copy just the URL (like linking from another web page, then you'll need to use the INSERT IMAGE button on the top of the reply text screen. That adds the necessary IMG tags to the URL for display here. Click it and it'll ask for the URL. Paste and then click "OK":

ins_img.jpg

[imghttp://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=90624456&albumID=2365389&imageID=33488928/img]

You almost have it...but you have to put the img tag with brackets before and after your picture. I'll put them on three different lines so you can see:

>

The example URL you used is not an image link, it just takes you to the myspace page that has the picture. What you need to do, is right-click the picture and select properties. The picture URL is:

http://a222.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...b3e21142ffd.jpg

Now, put that together on one line and you get this:

l_331df46526be05bda4ad7b3e21142ffd.jpg

Wow thanks alot forest guy.You made my day.Now i have just 1 more quick question.How do you make the image bigger.Sorry im a little illiterate when it comes to this stuff.But i really enjoy doing it.

You can't make it bigger from this end. The source pic must be bigger before you post the link in IMG tags.

One way to do it is a little work, but it'll get the job done:

1. Go to the pic source web page and right-click it.

2. Select "Save Image As" and point to a hard disk location.

3. Open an editor like Paint or Photoshop and resize it larger. For forums try to limit the max. dimensions to something under 800 or 900 pixels wide or else the page layout will be broken, and scroll bars will appear. Not good.

4. Upload to a free file hosting service like Photobucket. Copy the "Image Code" link from that site and paste in the post, or grab the "URL" (http:// ...") and paste inside image tags in your post.