The G-Files

islander1988

I thought Halloween might be a good time for posting a general announcement about this coin, seeing as the X-Files dealt with some spooky stuff. :)

For the X-Files fans out there, this coin might be of interest.

The G-Files: The Tupperware Is Out There

Regular Black Nickel

geocoin_gfiles.jpg

Available here.

Edit: LE Black Nickel Glow removed

Maybe I should have made it the regular version; it was popular.

XLE Nickel

geocoin_gfilesXLEN.jpg

Available here.

The coins are trackable on Geocaching.dom with a custom icon:

2305.gif

See the webpage for both individual and combo pricing.

Shipping for 1-2 Coins: Canada $1.75 U.S. $2.75 International $4.75

Shipping for 3-5 Coins: Canada $2.50 U.S. $4.75 International $8.00

For larger quantities, please ask what shipping will be.

Edited by islander1988

I understand your pain; the Canadian dollar has dropped like a rock against the American in the last month. It always seems to tank just as I'm getting ready to mint something. :)

You didn't miss anything. Other than the metal and the shade of the enamel, the nickel coin is the same as the others; it is more expensive because it's the XLE version, and some people go for that. If you don't care about owning every version of a coin, I recommend sticking to the cheaper black nickel. ;)

I understand your pain; the Canadian dollar has dropped like a rock against the American in the last month. It always seems to tank just as I'm getting ready to mint something. B)

You didn't miss anything. Other than the metal and the shade of the enamel, the nickel coin is the same as the others; it is more expensive because it's the XLE version, and some people go for that. If you don't care about owning every version of a coin, I recommend sticking to the cheaper black nickel. :mad:

So, would the coin selling for $13.50 be cheaper when we pay by USD ;):) ?

Afraid not. B) Though it is a little cheaper in a combo.

I guess if I'd announced this at the start of the month instead of the end, this wouldn't have been an issue since there was little difference between the two currencies then....

According to my sources (XE Currency Converter) a $13.50 CAD coin should cost $10.94 in US Dollars.

Unless I misunderstood the question (which wouldn't surprise me at ALL :mad: )

Forgot to add: Just got me a couple!!

Edited by Sunrayers

I understand your pain; the Canadian dollar has dropped like a rock against the American in the last month. It always seems to tank just as I'm getting ready to mint something. ;)

You didn't miss anything. Other than the metal and the shade of the enamel, the nickel coin is the same as the others; it is more expensive because it's the XLE version, and some people go for that. If you don't care about owning every version of a coin, I recommend sticking to the cheaper black nickel. B)

Thanks, just confirming before i miss out on a pure gold base metal . :) Might just go the BN then, as it's better looking IMO. (suits the theme better :mad: )

mm

Afraid not. B) Though it is a little cheaper in a combo.

I guess if I'd announced this at the start of the month instead of the end, this wouldn't have been an issue since there was little difference between the two currencies then....

According to my sources (XE Currency Converter) a $13.50 CAD coin should cost $10.94 in US Dollars.

Unless I misunderstood the question (which wouldn't surprise me at ALL :mad: )

Just to clarify for people in the U.S. and abroad (in case I confused the issue), the prices for the coins on the website are in U.S. dollars. If you placed an order and that makes a difference, please contact me and let me know. I won't hold anyone to an order if they get an invoice they weren't expecting.

So, would the coin selling for $13.50 be cheaper when we pay by USD :sad:;) ?

Afraid not. :D Though it is a little cheaper in a combo.

Unless I misunderstood the question (which wouldn't surprise me at ALL :D )

Just to clarify for people in the U.S. and abroad (in case I confused the issue), the prices for the coins on the website are in U.S. dollars. If you placed an order and that makes a difference, please contact me and let me know. I won't hold anyone to an order if they get an invoice they weren't expecting.

Yep- you confused me, that's for sure! - but I STILL want 'em :D

Thanks everyone for the response. :)

If you ordered a coin, you should have received an invoice or heard from me by now. If you haven't, please let me know.

I didn't get much mailed today before the post office closed, but all the orders that have been paid for are now packaged up and will go out on Monday.

Have a good (rest of the) weekend!

All coin orders have been shipped, and everyone should have gotten a confirmation e-mail when their coin(s) went out. All versions except the LE glow are still available, though the number of XLE gold is getting down too.

i gotta say, this is a cool coin! i bought one, traded it and then instantly thought, "i really want one for me" so ordered another. the black nickel is nifty!

rsg a satisfied customer

All coin orders have been shipped, and everyone should have gotten a confirmation e-mail when their coin(s) went out. All versions except the LE glow are still available, though the number of XLE gold is getting down too.

i gotta say, this is a cool coin! i bought one, traded it and then instantly thought, "i really want one for me" so ordered another. the black nickel is nifty!

rsg a satisfied customer

I think it is a very cool coin and I am a BIG X-Files fan. Too bad coins are not in the budget for us right now.