FIRST ONE TODAY!

TEAM HARTSOCK

I have been reading and studying up on caching for the last 2 weeks. It has been driving me mad not to have gone. A couple has asked my wife and I to go out and do one and all week I haven't been able to wait till Friday. Monday I went out and got a Garmin eTrex Legend HCx and have played around with it a little. We have been dying to go, but scheduling and timing hasn't worked out. So today, I had a cancelation of a meeting and I ran out to a spot that I had already searched out to where I could pull the car off. So I got there and jumped out and headed up the spot. Found it in about 5 minutes of walking and 5 minutes searching. VERY COOL!

So I got home and casually said to the kids and my wife, "hey, if we get time after supper, does anyone want to try geocaching?" They jumped at the chance and we plowed through supper in record time and were out the door with only a little light to spare.

The kids and the wife (pregnant wife, who is bummed that she'll soon be too pregnant to do this).

n700586077_1394180_6498-1.jpg

Me.

n700586077_1394182_6885.jpg

Can't wait till morning!!!

I have been reading and studying up on caching for the last 2 weeks. It has been driving me mad not to have gone. A couple has asked my wife and I to go out and do one and all week I haven't been able to wait till Friday. Monday I went out and got a Garmin eTrex Legend HCx and have played around with it a little. We have been dying to go, but scheduling and timing hasn't worked out. So today, I had a cancelation of a meeting and I ran out to a spot that I had already searched out to where I could pull the car off. So I got there and jumped out and headed up the spot. Found it in about 5 minutes of walking and 5 minutes searching. VERY COOL!

So I got home and casually said to the kids and my wife, "hey, if we get time after supper, does anyone want to try geocaching?" They jumped at the chance and we plowed through supper in record time and were out the door with only a little light to spare.

The kids and the wife (pregnant wife, who is bummed that she'll soon be too pregnant to do this).

Me.

HA way to go! Careful it does get addicting! Good find, looks almost identical to one I found earlier today.

Welcome!

And an ammo can for your first....I love ammo cans. :)

It is a fantastic activity for the whole family.

Enjoy the hunt.

G

Congratulations on the first find and welcome! From the big smiles it looks like everyone had a good time. Keep an eye out for any caches that indicate they are an "easy park and grab". Those might be good for your wife when/if she gets to the point that it's too uncomfortable to go traipsing thru the woods. They may not be as satisfying as finding a giant ammo can, but it may help her to stay more involved until she can get back out there and take longer treks. :)

Too Pregnant to what??? I was out caching with my #1son, husband, nephew and sister-in-law the day before my #2son was born :);) Of course, I'm a bit mad. Now the issue is not being able to go because I'm home taking care of the baby (3 weeks old!)

Me.

Congrats on your find and good luck finding many others!