Sherri McGibbon (pennstategirl) Memorial GeoCoinFest Gold Geocoin

YemonYime

Hello again, fellow geocoiners,

Since 2005, our geocaching organization TRIGO has endeavored to help the family of Sherri Ann McGibbon, a local geocacher who died in a car accident back in 2005. Sherri's geo-nick was/IS "pennstategirl", and she lived within eyesight of the very large and prominent white cross that towers over Uniontown, Pennsylvania. Fittingly, Sherri's Cache was placed on the mountain, and near the cross in her memory.

After her passing, an education fund was established for her two children, Ashley and Andrew. Since then, geocoiners from around the country have often made a limited special edition of their geocoin, and donated something to this fund. At this year's GeoCoinFest, the "pennstategirl" geocoin debuted, and a portion of those sales are to be given to this fund. In addition, seven of these coins were made in an exclusive satin gold finish.

In our continuing effort to help the McGibbon family, the last of the seven exclusive coins is now up for auction on eBay with ALL of those proceeds going to the education fund. (Click the graphic to follow the link)

sherrilink.jpg

Note: Every single penny from this auction, including any fees,

will be directed to the education fund for Ashley and Andrew McGibbon.

Whether it's a bid, or passing along the information to a friend, the members of TRIGO thank you for your support. :yikes:

Edited by YemonYime

The auction ends tonight around 9:30pm, which should be just around halftime of the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Washington Redskins game! I have to second Trasi's kudos to the generous bidders, and to all who have continually supported what's become a spirited local "cause".

I also never got the chance to meet Sherri. But I did get to meet her husband Alister, along with Ashley and Andrew. I sincerely wish it was under brighter circumstances, but from what little time we spent with them, I can tell you that they deeply appreciate how our local geocaching community keeps Sherri in our thoughts.

Hello Everyone,

Ladebear68 has won the auction, and graciously requested that the coin either be donated to the family, or placed on auction again...perhaps at a later date.

I do know that the family is slated to receive one of the other 6 coins, so we'll try to figure something out.

ALSO: A WARNING TO EVERYONE WHO BID

Ladebear68 forwarded me the following hoax e-mail. If anyone who's bid on this coin gets anything like this, it's certainly not from me. Please ignore any Second Chance offers as well, as people have received those after similar auctions.

~~~~~

Dear ladebear68,

m the seller of the item that you have recently bided through the eBay system.Item number:260307028875

I have to congratulate for your winning bid.Regretfully, immediately after the listing closed I got an email from Paypal and I must advise you that my account has been compromised immediately and my account is locked.So please reply me asap at (I removed this)@cs.com so we can clarify this situation

Thank you!

~~~~~

Thanks to everyone involved, especially Ladebear68 for her generosity!

Edit: I went back and removed the e-mail address they used for everyone's safety. No telling what they could do with an e-mail address.

Edited by YemonYime

Just wanted to let everyone know that you can now purchase the nickel version of this coin on the Hogwildstuff website. It is a lovely coin.

We are not profiting from this sale of the coins. We are just helping our wonderful minting customers at TRIGO get them out to all that would like to help this family.

Thank you in advance for being the wonderful people that cachers are.