PUP

I also wondered about this, one argument I heard is that MM is a global product, so should be bounced about in the main place.

Tbh, the major use for MM is for the OS mapping, so I believed the thread would belong here also.

.......to say nothing about My Lord Elph's lovely icons - UK specific - I agree the UK forum is the logical place for the transfered thread.........................

..................... however I do not have those lovely global moderators (Gawd Bless you Sirs!) looking over my shoulder :yikes::laughing:

Yes, the other forum may be appropriate, but this one too!

If someone from the UK caching scene develops something, relevant to the game, as this is, then I think that is relevant enough for us all to have knowledge of.

Even though I don't have need for this particular piece of software myself, well done PUP for developing it and your kindness in sharing it. :laughing:

Humbug to the removers! :yikes:

Just imagine what could be next :D

Announcement.

As Halloween as we know it appears to have originated in Ireland, we are sorry to inform you that your Halloween event has been moved to Ireland, and your discussion of this topic has also been moved ... dunno where yet, but we are sure it will be somewhere obscure and the absence of the thread will duly deplete the discussion on this board in accordance with our own guidelines which we reserve the right to chop and change as we see fit.

:yikes::laughing::laughing::laughing::D

Just imagine what could be next :mad:

Announcement.

As Halloween as we know it appears to have originated in Ireland, we are sorry to inform you that your Halloween event has been moved to Ireland, and your discussion of this topic has also been moved ... dunno where yet, but we are sure it will be somewhere obscure and the absence of the thread will duly deplete the discussion on this board in accordance with our own guidelines which we reserve the right to chop and change as we see fit.

:yikes::laughing::laughing::laughing::D

Hope you've got alternative plans for the next 120/3 days............. :D:blink:

Eek! I understand Mandarin has been asked to move this thread, rather than making the decision herself.

I'd intended it solely for the UK market, and it's released specifically because it has Trigpoint stuff included.

I hadn't intended it to be treated as a global release, and I haven't got time to support it on that scale.

Rather than appear rude by not being able to support it, I'll request that the thread over there is closed.

I'm also paying for the bandwidth myself but granted its negligible.

:yikes:

Edited by PopUpPirate

Eek! I understand Mandarin has been asked to move this thread, rather than making the decision herself.

I would have thought that she had enough experience by now to be trusted to moderate the UK forum in her own inimitable fashion. I assumed Groundspeak "employed" and trusted local moderators to run "their" forums in the way they felt best. Obviously there are those who know better.

As has been said, this was developed to support UK cachers using an essentially UK software product and includes UK specific features. Why publicise it in a forum where the vast majority of contributors are non-UK based?

Madness. :yikes:

I would have thought that she had enough experience by now to be trusted to moderate the UK forum in her own inimitable fashion. I assumed Groundspeak "employed" and trusted local moderators to run "their" forums in the way they felt best. Obviously there are those who know better.

As has been said, this was developed to support UK cachers using an essentially UK software product and includes UK specific features. Why publicise it in a forum where the vast majority of contributors are non-UK based?

Madness. :yikes:

Thank you for your various comments.

In moderating this regional section of Groundspeak's forums I am fortunate in having the benefit of advice and support from Deceangi and other moderators, all of whom have far more experience than myself at 'modding'.

I am happy to work with them and, despite what some contributors appear to believe, I have no problem with the above situation.

mandarin :yikes: