scotland

jimbo-ugk

Can anybody recommend some good trails or caches up that neck of the woods?

Do you have any idea of what area you will be visiting?

What sort of terrain as well? C&Ds, Munroes or something in between?

Let us know a few more details and we may be able to point you in the right direction :yikes:

How about Britain's Highest Geocache, on Ben Nevis obviously, although at this time of year it could be a tad chilly up there!

Make sure you are prepared if you attempt it (the same goes for alot of "high" caches in Scotland), I did it in July, and it was beautifully sunny at Glen Nevis, and hideous on the summit!

How about Britain's Highest Geocache, on Ben Nevis obviously, although at this time of year it could be a tad chilly up there!

Make sure you are prepared if you attempt it (the same goes for alot of "high" caches in Scotland), I did it in July, and it was beautifully sunny at Glen Nevis, and hideous on the summit!

There was snow on the Ochils, at Stirling this morning, a lot lower and much further South than Ben Nevis. Not sure now would be a good time to go up, especially if unexperienced on the mountains.

There are loads of other great caches and walks in Scotland, narrow down the area for us slightly and we'll see what we can reccommend.

Edited by Team Incredible

I have been informed it is near elgin.

A trip to john o groats wont be out of the question.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Jim

Plenty of caches around Elgin - loads of distillery caches though some are tricky to find.

John O'Groats is about 3.5 - 4 hrs drive one way (and thats without the caching thrown in). I went up the other day to do a sweep of all the caches I had left up there and its only 2.5 hours drive for me.... Its a long day.

If you have transport (I suppose you must have if you are contemplating JOG as a visit) then there are loads around Inverness which is much closer.

If you want any further particular info, then please pm me as I have done just about everything there is up here....