2 weeks and still no publish

MTGonz

Well first off, no one can see the cache page until it is published except for reviewers.

But a couple of things to check.

Did you select the cache is place/ready box?

Did you look on the page and see if a reviewer note is on the page?

If so did you e-mail the reviewer with responses to her/his concerns?

You might want to e-mail the reviewer and ask if they have any concerns about it.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/Default....2f-1339522364ef

Protip: no one can see an unpublished cache but its creator and reviewers.

I'm not a proponent of bugging people, but two weeks is a long time for a cache to sit without attention. If there's no reviewer note attached, it may have somehow fallen through a crack in the system. I would send the reviewer a POLITE e-mail inquiring if there is some issue with that cache that you should address before it can be approved. That should, at the very least, get you an affirmation that your cache is somewhere in line.

On the write up page goto the edit and look and see if the reviewer box is marked. If that got un-checked by accident it will never been seen by a reviewer.

I think it's a box that say's is the cache currently active and then it say's if that box isn't marked a reviewer won't see it.

This cache, submitted on October 20th, was reviewed last evening. OP, you can respond to the reviewer note at your convenience. Thanks for the alert, and for your patience. :yikes:

I must confess that as soon as I read the original post, my spidey sense for bullcrap tingled. And now, we learn that it has not been two weeks (14 days) but rather 9 days, and that the reviewer had already sent a reviewer note to the cacher on the 9th day. Why is it that SO ANY of the "complaining" genre posts that we see started on this forum turn out, in short order, to involve deceptions, misconceptions or convenient omission of facts by the OP, or (at this does not appear to be true in this case) undisclosed agendas? Wow!

I must confess that as soon as I read the original post, my spidey sense for bullcrap tingled. And now, we learn that it has not been two weeks (14 days) but rather 9 days, and that the reviewer had already sent a reviewer note to the cacher on the 9th day. Why is it that SO ANY of the "complaining" genre posts that we see started on this forum turn out, in short order, to involve deceptions, misconceptions or convenient omission of facts by the OP, or (at this does not appear to be true in this case) undisclosed agendas? Wow!

Drama maybe?

less than a month as a cacher with only 4 finds and already 2-3 placed caches...I'm just saying.... :yikes:

And speaking of drama :laughing: if you're referring to the OP, he's been a member since March, which is 7 months, not less than one. :laughing:

Just teasing...

This cache, submitted on October 20th, was reviewed last evening. OP, you can respond to the reviewer note at your convenience. Thanks for the alert, and for your patience. :yikes:

I would give the OP the benefit of the doubt. Nine days still is longer than most for waiting for a reviewer note, let alone a publish log. The automated email states that "Normally it will be reviewed within 36-72 hours". Of course the out is NORMALLY. Still, I think all the caches I have ever posted have made that time frame or even quicker. (I had one publish 20 minutes after I posted it.)

Loch Cache

I have floated that section of the Yellowstone a couple times. My daughter loved it when I mooed at the cattle... as long as we were in the water. She still has a fear of cows.

You may want to be concerend with the waterline. IIRC, the property line typically goes to the high water mark, so if the cache is above it, then it is on private property and needs permission. A cache on the island would have been cool as well, although you would get a lot less visits.

less than a month as a cacher with only 4 finds and already 2-3 placed caches...I'm just saying.... :)

And speaking of drama ;) if you're referring to the OP, he's been a member since March, which is 7 months, not less than one. B)

Just teasing...

Look at his caches on his profile. 4 finds and 2 placements this month. He may have signed up in March but he just started in earnest this month.

Look at his caches on his profile. 4 finds and 2 placements this month. He may have signed up in March but he just started in earnest this month.

In years of reviewing and geocaching, I've never come across any guideline that says you need a certain ratio.

From the forum guidelines at http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

1. Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they should be treated fairly.

The same goes for hide/find counts.

Are your questions or posts any less valuable because you've only been here a year?

Edited by Quiggle