Heavy cache concentration

Clarkbowman

Over 1000 hides within 10 miles

If you dont believe me check out the area

zip code 84663

I'm not so sure I see that as a good thing.

Because if he were my student he'd fail.

<flunk>1 page = 20 caches, 10'th page = 10.0 miles = 200 caches not 1000. </flunk>

but still too many.

I have many caches close to home I have yet to do. I'm not adicted to clearing out an area, I'm adicted to good hikes, nice places, <achoo> numbers </achoo>

Edited by trainlove

Woburn, MA 01801 = 636

Boston, MA 02110 = 567

Moline Il 61265 = 925 (Il & IA border)

Madawaska ME 04756 = 16 (Northern ME)

Manhattan, NY 10004 = 471 (From Battery Park)

Key West FL 33040 = 31

Anchorage AK 99501 = 943

Sandpoint ID 83864 = 95 (Palin's birthplace)

Chicago IL 60615 = 711 (Obama's home)

Honolulu HI 96801 = 423

It's along the Chaparral Trail in Richardson Farmersville, TX.

There's about 170 caches along a 21 mile stretch.

A bookmark to the area.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...79-2acc77bf6d57

Fixed! Richardson is about 25+ miles away.

I placed the first few caches along the Chaparral Trail a couple of years ago and had no idea that it would expand like it has. Its a former railroad line that is paved for the first 2 miles, then it gets rather rough - too rough for cars or bikes. ATVs are great for most of the trail, or just do it the old fashioned way and hike.

But frankly, it gets a bit mind numbing, stopping every 528 feet to find a cache hidden in a cedar tree or under a rail road tie. :yikes::laughing:

Edited by 9Key

There's a series in NH that's maybe 70 caches along a rail trail, but it's the same thing. Too rough for bikes unless you like half rotted RR ties and a 6" dip between them...bouncy and even hard to walk on.

NH gets a ton of snow, so the caches placed on it are all snow friendly (off the ground), so the best time to do it is in winter people say when the snow is hard pack and easy to walk on. Surprisingly, I find hiking in winter easier. You don't have to deal with roots and rock and stuff on the traill.

In regards to the trail in Farmersville TX does anyone know if atv's are allowed on that trail or a way to contact the local attorities to find out.

9Key will most likely clarify, but he made the statement shown below. My guess is that they would be allowed based on that. Are they any icons on the cache page that tell specifically?

I placed the first few caches along the Chaparral Trail a couple of years ago...ATVs are great for most of the trail...

Over 1000 hides within 10 miles

If you dont believe me check out the area

zip code 84663

I'm not so sure I see that as a good thing.

Because if he were my student he'd fail.

<flunk>1 page = 20 caches, 10'th page = 10.0 miles = 200 caches not 1000. </flunk>

but still too many.

I have many caches close to home I have yet to do. I'm not adicted to clearing out an area, I'm adicted to good hikes, nice places, <achoo> numbers </achoo>

2989697397_f1bdfc3423.jpg

Perhaps you looked in the wrong spot...

294 pages of listing - 50 miles - 5880 caches

I hit 10 miles on page 55. 55*20=1100

for 15 miles its page 78. 1560 caches

In regards to the trail in Farmersville TX does anyone know if atv's are allowed on that trail or a way to contact the local attorities to find out.

9Key will most likely clarify, but he made the statement shown below. My guess is that they would be allowed based on that. Are they any icons on the cache page that tell specifically?

I placed the first few caches along the Chaparral Trail a couple of years ago...ATVs are great for most of the trail...

Some sections of the trail are ok for ATVs, obviously not the paved sections that start in Farmersville. Other sections are posted, so watch for signs.

If you're planning on making a trip down here to run the The Trail be sure to contact me beforehand so I can fill you on some details that will be very useful to you (lifelines, parking, what to bring, etc).

Edited by 9Key

Perhaps you looked in the wrong spot...

294 pages of listing - 50 miles - 5880 caches

I hit 10 miles on page 55. 55*20=1100

for 15 miles its page 78. 1560 caches

Next time go to this page and limit the cache return radius to 15 miles (or whatever the radius of the day happens to be). You don't even have to count - the results include a total.

Incidentally, for zip code "84663" I get 1103 caches within 15 miles and only 189 within 10 miles. So either someone has a typo somewhere, or there's something seriously wrong with the search engine. Another issue is that I show the center of zip code 84663 to be in the center of the rather large Uinta National Forest, which has no caches. Go a relatively distance to the west (Provo/Orem) and suddenly you're swarming with caches. So the two of you are probably just searching from different locations.

So stop fighting and go find caches.

hmmmm i had forgotton about that zip code thing.

It seems to go to the geographical center of zip codes (around here anyway) not to the towns that they are assigned to.

I was just searching clicking my 'home coords' it the middle of the cacheridden town. He was jumping to the zip to the middle of the forest....where there are not any. Hmmmmmm i might have to make note of that point and hike out there to place one.

It seems to go to the geographical center of zip codes (around here anyway) not to the towns that they are assigned to.

I was just searching clicking my 'home coords' it the middle of the cacheridden town. He was jumping to the zip to the middle of the forest....where there are not any. Hmmmmmm i might have to make note of that point and hike out there to place one.

Yup...same problem here. Enter the zip code for one small town and you won't find the cache hidden in the center of town until the middle of page 4.

I have about 75 in 15 mile radius.

It's not even 'geographical' it's random. And it changes all the time, since groundspeak no longer uses the Tiger Census Zone Improvement Project database that they bought, they rely on Google for all the places (4 different) where zip code and/or centers of Towns can be obtained. All 4 used to be different for Fitchburg Massachusetts, none that close to the actual center. The greatest distance between the 4 were something like 2900 feet, and the smallest difference was something like 700 feet.

Ground Zero cache owners of the world, UNITE and overthrow the Google 'ownership' of meaningless data!

It's not even 'geographical' it's random. And it changes all the time, since groundspeak no longer uses the Tiger Census Zone Improvement Project database that they bought, they rely on Google for all the places (4 different) where zip code and/or centers of Towns can be obtained. All 4 used to be different for Fitchburg Massachusetts, none that close to the actual center. The greatest distance between the 4 were something like 2900 feet, and the smallest difference was something like 700 feet.

Ground Zero cache owners of the world, UNITE and overthrow the Google 'ownership' of meaningless data!

Interesting info. All I knew was that Ground Zero of my zip code definitely changed in the last couple of months.

I'll pass on grabbing my torch and pitchfork and overthrowing Google though. You guys go ahead without me. :)

The coordinate options also offer a radius distance to be input, if that helps.