emulator with Vista 64 bit

~Mark~

I havent installed this on my 64 bit machine but the vista 64-bit tends to install 32bit software into the x86 folder on it's own to make it compatible. The only reason that would not work is if the program was really made in 16 bit and upped to 32bit. If it is a true 32bit program you should be fine. If not then like the last poster said, virtual pc with xp running in it. I do that for a few custom programs i use that refuse to work in 64 bit.

From what I know of computers, you should be able to run 32-bit applications on a 64-bit computer, but not the other way around. I don't think you'll have a problem.

True but a lot of 32 bit programs were upped off of 16 bit programming and if that's the case it wont work because deep down in there it is still a 16 bit base program. But being that Wherigo is somewhat new I would hope that it is a 32 bit and would be ported out to 64 bit soon.

From what I know of computers, you should be able to run 32-bit applications on a 64-bit computer, but not the other way around. I don't think you'll have a problem.

True but a lot of 32 bit programs were upped off of 16 bit programming and if that's the case it wont work because deep down in there it is still a 16 bit base program. But being that Wherigo is somewhat new I would hope that it is a 32 bit and would be ported out to 64 bit soon.

I have a sneaking suspicion its something to do with Dot Net 2 and not an issue to do with 16bit upgraded to 32bit. I had a very similar problems with my XP Virtual Machine until I updated Dot net to version 2 AND put on a separate service pack. Trouble with Vista is that you arn't allowed to install Dot Net 2 because Dot Net in theory comes with Vista however, I suspect its a slightly different version of Dot Net 2 that Vista 64bit runs compared to 32bit operating systems like XP and Vista 32bit.