Victoria cache help

brumbjorn

Hey all!

Mr. Brumbjorn and I went to Victoria last week on holiday and we went caching while there. We had great fun exploring the city while caching (got to see some neat parks and found the local library where we could use the computers for net access -- woo hoo!) and we came across a problem.

We went to go find this cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...96-953e920cf95c

which we found no problem (and I picked up an addiction to London Fogs, but I digress....) but when we got there we discovered that almost all of the bugs were not in the cache which was really diappointing. We read the logs a little more closely and discovered that there was a cache across the street as well. We ducked into the likely shop (an outdoor equipment store) and asked if they had a cache. Lo and behold, we get handed a shoebox and most of the missing bugs are in it. Hubby and I look at each other with a "wtf" kind of look and walk to the library to try to figure out what the heck that cache could be since it clearly violates the proximity rule. We couldn't figure out what it could be. We even started figuring out a multi we thought it could be but nada. We went back the following day and talked with the people at the shop about the situtation and they couldn;t give us any answers, so we moved the bugs to the cache they were supposed to be in.

The box was labeled "VPO Cache" and I seem to remember the log starting in April. Lots of people logged this cache thinking it was the one across the street, including the errenous bug drops.

Any ideas on this? I would hate to see more bugs go "missing" since they were oput in the wrong box. I'm not a member at any other geocaching sites, so I can't check those. I told the VPO guys I would see what I could find out and let them know. They were really cool about it and also wanted to see the confusion straightened out.

Thanks for your help!

My friend owns this cache. I was 2TF on it. I have NO idea about the cache "accross the street" at the out doors store. There is NOT one supposed to be there to my knowledge. The origional cache was at the place where you got your addiction to the London Fogs (mmm) Perhaps the VPO cache is something an employee started because so many people went in there asking for one? I'm not sure. I will let the cache owner know about this though - that's very weird...

My friend owns this cache. I was 2TF on it. I have NO idea about the cache "accross the street" at the out doors store. There is NOT one supposed to be there to my knowledge. The origional cache was at the place where you got your addiction to the London Fogs (mmm) Perhaps the VPO cache is something an employee started because so many people went in there asking for one? I'm not sure. I will let the cache owner know about this though - that's very weird...

Thanks so much for offering to follow up wiht the owner for us. :)