Feature Request: Show disatance from home location in 'newest in X' listings

r10n

I've noticed that when I do a search using the 'List newest in Region' link the generated listings do not contain the distance from my home coordinates. I'd like this added as it would save having to open each geocache seperatly just to see if it is close enough to consider hunting out. Anyone else think this would be worth adding?

I've asked this very thing every year since I joined 3.5 years ago.I've always been told that such a search is 'Not A Location Based Search', so it makes no sense for them to calculate distances.

But honestly I think they can't spend the processor cycles, a few milliseconds times millions, for this.

This is exactly what I was looking to ask about.

I've asked this very thing every year since I joined 3.5 years ago.I've always been told that such a search is 'Not A Location Based Search', so it makes no sense for them to calculate distances.

But honestly I think they can't spend the processor cycles, a few milliseconds times millions, for this.

I would love to be able to click on the link for the newest caches in my state and see the distance from home. Does this not make sense? With all of the other "Location Based Searches", I can't imagine that doing this will add that much to the processing time.

I've noticed that when I do a search using the 'List newest in Region' link the generated listings do not contain the distance from my home coordinates. I'd like this added as it would save having to open each geocache seperatly just to see if it is close enough to consider hunting out. Anyone else think this would be worth adding?

You can do this by just bookmarking (in your browser) a pocket query preview set to show caches placed in the last week (or month, depending on local activity). It will include the distance from your HC.

You can do this by just bookmarking (in your browser) a pocket query preview set to show caches placed in the last week (or month, depending on local activity). It will include the distance from your HC.

That will work! :)

But it also 'uses up' a slot in your PQ list. :(

That will work! :(

But it also 'uses up' a slot in your PQ list. :(

No, just remove it after you've bookmarked it. PQ descriptions are archived, but not deleted. You can still preview them if you have the right URL.

Edited by Prime Suspect