Messing with caches

Bergie Bunch

I have a multi stage cache in our local park. The park trails get HEAVY use, so I have hidden the stages off the beaten path out of the site of muggles. On numerous occasions, while walking the geodog in the park I have found the items containing the cords moved right out in plain muggle sight ao they are MUCH easier to find, niot that they are hard to begin with. Why would/do people take it upon themselves to move the clues out in the open? They are off the beaten path for a reason, and putting them in muggle view only makes more work to replace them. Several stages have been taken several times, more than likely by muggles who did not know what they had. Just curious to the mind set, I would never rearrange a cache someone had taken the time to set up. Also, why do some people not replace the cache as they found it? It was hidden for a reason, why spoil it and make it easier? I maybe confused, I thought the hunt was part of the fun, but when Ifind a diff.5 cache exposed by the previous finder, it really takes away from the hunt and pleasure of finding a tough hide. :rolleyes:

I can't comment specifically because I haven't found this cache, but if it's a really demanding hide, people might just be getting lazy and not putting the container back properly because they don't want to repeat the effort it took to retrieve it. (Inexcusable.) It might be that people are trying to make the find easier for future seekers. (Misguided.) It might just be that you have a muggle problem. (Malicious.)

I can't comment specifically because I haven't found this cache, but if it's a really demanding hide, people might just be getting lazy and not putting the container back properly because they don't want to repeat the effort it took to retrieve it. (Inexcusable.) It might be that people are trying to make the find easier for future seekers. (Misguided.) It might just be that you have a muggle problem. (Malicious.)

Nice summary.

I know the frustration you must feel.I have a series of caches along the Susquehanna River that are teathered with copper wire to keep them from floating away in high water.

After a few dnfs I check, and they are either gone compleatly or moved to an easier location nearby.

And you can't blame the last finder.Some of them I know and are not of that ilk.

There are unfortunatly, folks out there that get a preverse kick out of swiping cach econtainers .

Make them harder.

It won't solve the problem all together,but it may weed out the lazy ones.

Edited by olbluesguy

I'm pretty sure I know which cache you're talking about. if it's the one I'm thinking-it was one of our favorites. the pieces were all off the trail as you said. can't see how an animal could move them. they weren't hard to find but def. not just sitting out. even if they moved a bit-the stages still should be off trail. not sure what to tell ya. I know caches move-usually not much but sometimes they move well outside your intended hide.

Edited by KerBear