Frantic Plea for Help .....

JollyJax

Can anyone help?

My Garmin Venture Cx has worked flawlessly with all types of batteries over the last 2 years for my previous 2500 cache finds .. and in fact was absolutely fine on Sunday evening last when I switched it off after a rainy days caching.

Tonight I was about to upload new waypoints for some walking tomorrow and at the weekend ... DISASTER ..... it wont switch on ...

Have tried a lot of finger poking multiple key stuff from several sites but to no avail ...

Anyone seen this or have a solution other than returning it to Garmin? .... my spare unit is with another cacher as a favour .. so apart from Trimble Navigator on my phone I am a naked cacher .... :rolleyes:

Edited by JollyJax

Thank you folks ... did all the finger twisting combinations and then popped it in the airing cupboard ....

Sadly nothing this morning except now I have a change in colour from black to not so black for about a tenth of a second but it does boot up :rolleyes:

Seems I must either leave it in a warm place for several months or go buy a new one

Edited to remove the word ladies and add the word folks ... Sorry Chris, thought you was the missus ;)

Edited by JollyJax

Can anyone help?

....I am a naked cacher .... ;)

...perhaps that's why, put some clothes on it's very cold out there! :o

My Garmin didn't work at all yesterday, only to find later that my rechargeable batteries were very flat when I put them in - a possibility?

You've not mentioned speaking to Garmin. They have a pretty good reputation for helping, even if it is out of warranty.

Not in my experience. They wanted £120 just to look at my 15 month old nuvi because it was out of warranty. When I told them that this was more than I could buy a new one for they told me to go and buy a new one. :yikes: